Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9 ... -delicious

The Senate GOP is spilling its dirty laundry all over the place, and it couldn’t be more fun

The feud in the Senate Republican conference gets juicier by the day, with more and more senators feeling the need—when pressed by reporters—to take sides. The tension between Sen. Rick Scott of Florida, who is heading up the election arm of the party at National Republican Senate Committee (NRSC), and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has been simmering for months, reaching the knives-out point this week when The New York Times published its investigation into all the millions of dollars Scott has blown this cycle.

August was already bad enough. In an attempt to set low expectations for Republicans taking the majority this election, McConnell suggested that there’s a problem of “quality” in the candidates who advanced in the primaries. Scott answered in an op-ed, not mentioning McConnell by name, saying it was tantamount to “treason” to question any Republican candidate. That’s after other public spats involving Scott’s decision to release a radical and frightening platform for Republicans, which McConnell then trashed.

After what must have been a really fun Republican leadership meeting Tuesday, Scott emerged to insist that he wasn’t talking about McConnell in the op-ed, it was the other traitorous Republicans. He insisted that he and McConnell “are in the same position, we want to win the races and he’s working hard. … He’s committed to win, I’m committed to win.” McConnell, on the other hand, “simply raised his eyebrows when asked if he and Scott were now on the same page.”

McConnell apparently thinks it’s time to just freeze Scott out. He has taken on the task of fundraising for his big super PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund, to make sure it has enough funding to make up for all the NRSC losses. He’s also, according to CNN’s sources, told fellow Republican senators to transfer money from their PACs to his instead of giving it to the NRSC. “McConnell decided rather than fight this to focus all his efforts on SLF,” one source told CNN.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
much ado

Post by much ado »

It's SO SAD!!

Politico: GOP donor pool unexpectedly shrinks as midterms near
The number of online donors to the Republican Party unexpectedly dropped in the first half of 2022, according to a POLITICO analysis of campaign finance data — one in a series of setbacks that have tempered expectations of a red wave in November.

Online fundraising usually ramps up dramatically and predictably over the course of an election cycle. But campaign finance data show that in the first half of this year, the number of people giving federal contributions to Republican candidates and committees through WinRed — the GOP’s widely used donation processing platform — fell to around 913,000 down from roughly 956,000 contributors during the six months prior.
Isn't that SAD!!

Read it and weep, Republicans. (Funny, the article never mentions the overturning of Roe v Wade as a possible source of Republicans' problems.)

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Peter Thiel dropping a hundred million dollars only counts as much as the guy who sent $20 to John Fetterman. Don't get too excited yet.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

Post by much ado »

What I think is somewhat amusing is that the focus of the article is about how the number of Republican donors has decreased by about 4.5%, not that the number of Democratic donors has increased by more than 25% (based on figures given in the text).

I take that as good news for Democrats.

ETA:

Could it possibly be that all the right-wing grifting is sucking money from WinRed? :think:

That would be SO SAD!! :crying:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

much ado wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:37 pm What I think is somewhat amusing is that the focus of the article is about how the number of Republican donors has decreased by about 4.5%, not that the number of Democratic donors has increased by more than 25% (based on figures given in the text).

I will once they can get some equality in state houses and at the state secretary of state level. It may not matter someday if Republicans and their judiciary strip everyone of voting rights.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:42 pm
much ado wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:37 pm What I think is somewhat amusing is that the focus of the article is about how the number of Republican donors has decreased by about 4.5%, not that the number of Democratic donors has increased by more than 25% (based on figures given in the text).

I will once they can get some equality in state houses and at the state secretary of state level. It may not matter someday if Republicans and their judiciary strip everyone of voting rights.
It was the Secretary of State in Florida who effectively prevented the counting of votes in a Democratic county in Florida, her decision upheld by the 5-4 decision of the Supreme Court that prevent Al Gore from being recognized as the winner of the election in 2000. Republicans fought to keep those votes from being counted because Bush was ahead by such a small margin without those votes, just counting HALF of that county would have put Gore in the lead, and he would have gotten Florida's electoral votes and been declare President-elect.

Secretaries of State matter. Republicans learned an important lesson there, and have remained steadfast in their resolve to control as many state governments as possible.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Assuming all 165 million women disagree with the decision, and there are no men that disagree with it. Very, very big assumptions :roll:

Wouldn't it makes one's heads explode if it were more MEN that were registering than women after the Dobbs decision? I have no idea if it is or not, but it certainly could be the case. And I don't see any reason why it would not be.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:50 pm Assuming all 165 million women disagree with the decision, and there are no men that disagree with it. Very, very big assumptions :roll:

Wouldn't it makes one's heads explode if it were more MEN that were registering than women after the Dobbs decision? I have no idea if it is or not, but it certainly could be the case. And I don't see any reason why it would not be.
That was a question I had, how many pro-life people were inspired to register after Dobbs? I can't put my hands on it right now, but I did see somewhere where they said Democrat registrations were outpacing Republican ones by 10%.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:55 pm That was a question I had, how many pro-life people were inspired to register after Dobbs? I can't put my hands on it right now, but I did see somewhere where they said Democrat registrations were outpacing Republican ones by 10%.
I would believe that.

Like I said before, McConnell likely went blind drunk when he heard the news as it kissed his dreams of that final run at that Senate Majority office goodbye. Quite aside from pissed off Democrats, why vote Republican if Roe had been torpedoed, and the one issue voters stated looking at the rest of the Republican platform? He had them without having to actually DO anything before, now they were... gone.

One could argue that they would be gone only on the federal level, but that means the Senate goes bye bye as they evaluate senators on other issues now, or just don't vote for Federal elections at all.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer

Somewhere someone prophesied about "getting what you ask for." :mrgreen:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Here are two vastly opposite views about what Joe Biden should do and what liberals in general should do.

Biden loses sight of the virtues of ‘normal’ by Megan McArdle (gift link) and The Liberal Pollyanna Problem by Oliver Willis.

I lean toward Oliver's point of view, but I will re-read Megan's piece so I understand the other side of things.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

🥳 This is huge. Trafalgar is a right-wing pollster, they're usually like R+3 to R+5.

Breitbart published this: :o
Poll: Voters Say Republicans Have Not Done Enough to Make Their Case in the Midterms
HANNAH BLEAU 14 Sep 2022

Voters say Republicans have not done enough to make their case for support as the midterms approach, a Convention of States Action/Trafalgar Group survey released Tuesday found. The survey asked, “Have Republicans made a strong enough case as to why you should earn their support in the 2022 midterm elections?”

Unfortunately for Republicans, most voters — 56.1 percent — said Republicans have not made a strong enough case to warrant their support. Just one-third, 33.9 percent, said they have, and ten percent remain unsure. Predictably, 87.1 percent of Democrats said the GOP has not done enough to make a strong case for their support, but a smaller majority of Republicans, 61.1 percent, said they have made a sufficient case, compared to 25.9 percent of Republicans who disagree.

Perhaps most concerning for the GOP is the fact that 57.2 percent of independents agree that Republicans have not done enough to make their case as the midterm elections approach. Just 28 percent of independents say Republicans have made their case, and 14.8 percent remain unsure.
New @trafalgar_group/@COSProject #poll shows majority (56.1%) of #Americans say #GOP has NOT made strong enough case for support in 2022
No by Party:
87.1% #Dem
25.9% #GOP
57.2% #Inds
Report: https://t.co/YkG0jVlcXX pic.twitter.com/pgIexolaIi
— The Trafalgar Group (@trafalgar_group) September 13, 2022
The survey was taken September 2-5, 2022, among 1,084 likely general election voters and has a +/- 2.9 percent margin of error. It comes roughly two months ahead of the midterm elections, where Republicans hope to take back a majority in both the House and Senate. However, recent surveys spell trouble for Republicans, as they appear to be losing their lead on the generic congressional ballot. A Rasmussen Reports survey released last week showed the GOP’s lead over Democrats dropping to four percentage points, falling a single percentage point over the last week:
Rasmussen noted that in September 2018 — before Democrats took the House for the first time in eight years — they had the same four-point advantage on the generic congressional ballot, 46 percent to 42 percent. But as the 2018 November midterm election neared, the margins between Democrats and Republicans became extremely close: Republicans had 46 percent to 45 percent for Democrats.
Republicans, however, are well-positioned to capitalize on the failures over the last two years under total Democrat control in Washington. It was revealed this week, for example, that the Bureau of Labor Statistics Consumer Price Index rose again, up 8.3 percent from one year ago as inflation rages in President Biden’s America. Meanwhile, some Republicans, such as Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) are capitalizing on social issues as well, introducing a 15-week pain capable abortion bill on Tuesday to combat the radical left’s desire to legalize partial-birth abortions nationwide.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... -midterms/
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
🚨 #MAGA Doom! New Trafalgar Poll: 56.1% MAJORITY of Americans say GOP has NOT made a strong enough case to support them in #Midterms2022.
NO by Party:
🚫 57.2% #INDEPENDENTS
🚫 25.9% #REPUBLICANS
🚫 87.1% #DEMS
Dems keep House & Senate! 🥳 #ElectionDay #VOTE #BlueCrew #VoteBlue
Please share the tweet if you can -- let's get this great news out and scare the MAGAts with their own pollster's data! :dance:

ETA: Thanks very much for retweeting! You know who you are :lovestruck:

GOP Poll.JPG
GOP Poll.JPG (157.98 KiB) Viewed 836 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:bunny: :cheer2: :cheer1: :fiesta:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
much ado

Post by much ado »

OMG! We must be living in the end times. :faint:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Good for him, even if he considers himself Republican leaning. I'd vote for him.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Soooo, Kurt Schlichter is a horrible, nasty little lawyer (and former military Col who was actually kind of cute back in the day) who genuinely hopes for civil war and actually puts those evil thoughts in weak-minded people's minds in a series of books he sells on Amazon. His Townhall columns consistently call for REVENGE, VENGENCE and basically killing liberals. He's a lovely guy. Mostly he's a paper tiger, he's a snowflake who wails and whines about how unfair everything is.

He's shit posted 544.6K tweets. That's right, over half a million tweets.
Kurt Schlichter @KurtSchlichter 5h
I’m excited about the opportunities available to us to silence the opposition when we retake power.*

Quote Tweet Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski
Apr 28, 2021
YouTube deleted Dan Bongino’s big, new, “exclusive” interview with Trump today right after he posted it. I feel like every day, nature is healing itself.

* Didn't want to break his black heart that YouTube isn't owned by the government.

Kurt silence.JPG
Kurt silence.JPG (98.64 KiB) Viewed 708 times

He posts Townhall columns a few times a week. Back in May, Kurt was HYSTERICAL about having some gun control legislation. He threatened the GOP that if they passed it, the GOP would LOSE THE MIDTERMS. I've pointed that out every week, that the GOP is going to lose to prove Kurt right.

Kurt Guns.JPG
Kurt Guns.JPG (27.59 KiB) Viewed 708 times

Made sure his prediction was saved, and reminded his followers of it. :P

Kurt Cornyn Gun Pass.JPG
Kurt Cornyn Gun Pass.JPG (80.48 KiB) Viewed 708 times

Anyway, he posted another noxious column last night. They've all been ANGRY the CR was passed with GOP help, they wanted the government to shut down to "own the Libs" (forgetting the shutdown would affect them too). Anyway, posted my usual friendly reply...

@KurtSchlichter 6h
My new @townhallcom VIP column tells Republicans to "Reject mutations and perverts!"

Leave them for the Dems.
townhall.com

Let the Left Own the Weirdos
The Democrats are always fronting that they are somehow on the side of the oppressed, the victimized, and/or the powerless. Except the people they are backing are none of those

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious Replying to @KurtSchlichter and @townhallcom
Just as you said in this column, Kurt, "Republicans can still blow it, and no one is better at it than them." McConnell passed the CR to prove it. And your warning & prediction that if the GOP "betrays us on #GunControl they lose #Midterms2022" is true. Republicans will lose.

Remarkably, Kurt retweeted it to all his followers! It's like he admits they are going down (at least in the Senate). Kurt was also fractally wrong in 2020, his columns from then are funny about how Trump and the GOP was going to have a LANDSLIDE. Then his next columns were dazed. Anyway, lots of MAGAts are Liking and Retweeting my tweet which I'm finding funny af. Thanks, Kurt.

Kurt Retweet GOP Loses.JPG
Kurt Retweet GOP Loses.JPG (62.57 KiB) Viewed 708 times

Kurt Tweet.JPG
Kurt Tweet.JPG (69.16 KiB) Viewed 702 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Tiredretiredlawyer

The Fogbow's ONE AND ONLY MERRY WARRIOR, ORLYLICIOUS, again takes on MAGA Twitter with gentle yet effective humor!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Orlylicious! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And, of course, ENCORE!!!!!!
raison de arizona

This is being held up by some as indicative of a fading blue wave, but I disagree. I don't believe google search trends will necessarily relate to vote share. We'll see.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

All that means is that people have satisfied their information hunger for Abortion info but everyone feels the cold winds of a cold hungry winter coming.

The prospect of blue instead of a red wave in a month must be causing the MSM physical pain.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Numbah Two Son reports that there will be voting booths on campus at UNCW for both early voting and election day, making the election a hot topic amongst the young Earthlings there.

Good thing. :thumbsup:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporters-early-voting/
Supporters of former President Donald Trump are now not just attacking mail-in voting systems, but are also going after all early voting.

The Daily Beast's Will Sommer writes on Twitter that he's noticed a trend among Trump supporters toward boycotting early voting on the grounds that it is supposedly yet another tool Democrats used to steal the 2020 presidential election.

"Interesting idea emerging from conservative media that Republicans should either vote in-person on election day, or not at all," he observes. "They think all early voting, even from Republicans, somehow helps Democrats cheat."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:58 pm Numbah Two Son reports that there will be voting booths on campus at UNCW for both early voting and election day, making the election a hot topic amongst the young Earthlings there.

Good thing. :thumbsup:
Why you gotta be planetist and cut out the *Non*-Earthlings, Foggy? Dividing us by artificial constructs such as orbits and parallaxes? So disappointing. :|
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
I live in a simple world, where there are only two types of people - Earthlings and space aliens.

Wait, dogs are people. Are they Earthlings? Cats are people, I have proof of that too also. Probably a lot of people are people, like dolphins and poltergeists, but are they Earthlings?

Oh man, now I went and confused myself up in here. :confuzzled:
Edit: I live in a simple world, where there are only three types of people - Earthlings, intelligent animals, and space aliens.

Okay, now I forget what my point is. :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Hokay! I haz voted.

My ballot is even now winding its way to my County Recorder through the labyrinth they call the innertubes. Or something like that.
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “Current Politics”