Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hijack This Thread

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

That will not negate any Interpol arrest warrant the US may have issued. Locked into the great country of Russia, but it's large.

PS. you said Russian citizenship? I guess that makes him elligible as cannon fodder in the war in the Ukraine....
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:05 pmPS. you said Russian citizenship? I guess that makes him elligible as cannon fodder in the war in the Ukraine....
One can hope that Snowden is forced to fight in the war he claimed would never happen.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I, for one, was on the lying traitor side (traitor in the colloquial sense, not the legal sense).

For those keeping score, in my opinion anyone who intentionally discloses classified information, including Snowden, Chelsea Manning, Daniel Ellsberg, and Reality Winner, are criminals, irrespective of their motives. The only bad thing Barack Obama ever did as President was to commute Chelsea Manning's sentence. She had completed her appeals, and like most inmates at the US Disciplinary Barracks whose appeals were complete, she could have been transferred to the US Bureau of Prisons where they have programs for trans inmates. (Under a Memorandum of Agreement, the military transfers inmates whose appeals are complete so long as they have a defined term left on their sentence -- the BOP won't take life without parole or death penalty inmates).

Also a criminal, but I didn't learn about it until after his death: Neil Sheehan. He was the reporter working with Daniel Ellsberg on the Pentagon Papers case. Ellsberg went out of town and gave Sheehan a key to his apartment and told him that he could access the records, read them and take notes, but could not make copies. Sheehan removed the documents from Ellsberg's home, had them copied, and put them back. He never told his editors at the New York Times that he had actually stolen the documents from Ellsberg.

I think it's one thing for journalists to get classified information from a source and decide to publish (although the Supreme Court specifically declined in the Pentagon Papers case to decide whether a publisher in such a situation was criminally liable, as the narrow issue before the Court was that of prior restraint). But I think it's another thing entirely for a journalist to steal documents from a source in contravention of the source's specific and limited consent. I used to have a lot of respect for Sheehan (and I loved The Arnheiter Affair, but all of that vanished when I read this NY Times article, How Neil Sheehan Got the Pentagon Papers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/p ... eehan.html
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Halloween scare of the year. :roll:

I remember the 1st Halloween that Mrs. V and I were married (1977) there was a scare and the authorities were telling folks to hand out candy in the original wrappers instead of wrapping it in Halloween paper napkins. Also not to hand out homemade treats like chex mix or rice crispy squares.

So we dug into our jars of pennies and wrapped a candy bars worth of them in Halloween napkins. Of course we had to explain to every parent who came to the door that the napkins did not contain potentially poisonous candy but
nonpoisonous coins. ;)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

David Pogue
@Pogue
To celebrate @NASA’s success in smashing into an asteroid Monday, Google has a joyous little surprise for you. Just Google “dart mission”….

9:24 AM · Sep 28, 2022 ·Tweetbot for Mac
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:like:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:biggrin: Cute.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

It's time to bring the plants in for winter and I had 3 that need to be in full sun. Outside these guys live in pots, inside the best full sun is the 3 big kitchen windows that look sorta NW. So I had the bright idea of making them some hangers. I haven't done any macrame in probably 20/30 years but I had a go at it. I finally got them done with lots of Fuck Fuck Fucks and they are functional at least and the plants should be happy there. I have them on a rolling laundry rack so they can be moved easily if need be.
IMG_2332.jpeg
IMG_2332.jpeg (98.69 KiB) Viewed 454 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice. I think I remember that corner of your room from last fall.

I had a spider plant pretty much die on me due to neglect. I figured I'd just get rid of it, but put it outside and went away for a few weeks. Now I have a new spider plant that I have to replant. I just brought it inside last week. Now the nights are in the 40s and the days are in the 60s. That is absolutely the weather I love.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

How it started.
► Show Spoiler
How it's going.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I've never been a Lambo fan, but that is just wrong.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Somebody does not appreciate a free car wash :twisted:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You're Sacramento looks great!!!!!!!!!

Poor Lamborghini.... It is just wrong.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I had initially posted about the Library of Congress’ flute collection in V’s thread because Mrs V is a flautist. I didn’t realize, at the time, that it was big news because Lizzo - a classically trained flautist - would showcase an historical crystal flute from that collection at one of her concerts. Naturally, RWNJs were horrified by Lizzo’s actions. Anyway, here is a great tweet showing off what Lizzo can do.

raison de arizona

Crouching tiger, hidden mountain lion. :o
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My bro lives in Ojai. :shock: It’s not a huge town.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:48 am I had initially posted about the Library of Congress’ flute collection in V’s thread because Mrs V is a flautist. I didn’t realize, at the time, that it was big news because Lizzo - a classically trained flautist - would showcase an historical crystal flute from that collection at one of her concerts. Naturally, RWNJs were horrified by Lizzo’s actions. Anyway, here is a great tweet showing off what Lizzo can do.

I know I'm gonna regret asking this, but please, someone tell me were the "twerking" is supposed to be?

I know, I know. But seriously, even now, I can't believe that they would make this up out of thin air. I mean, not when they could have just body-shamed her, as they so often do.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From what I know of Lizzo, she's known for her outrageous outfits and for twerking. From her Wikipedia page -
Throughout her career, Lizzo has been subject to body shaming. She is considered an image for body positivity and self-confidence. She partially credits social media, and the Internet in general, for changing the narrative around size and giving visibility to overweight women. In December 2019, Lizzo sparked controversy at a Los Angeles Lakers game, where on camera she danced and twerked to her song "Juice" while wearing a dress that revealed her thong. In an interview with CBS This Morning she said, "Anyone who knows me knows that this is how I've always been. This is how I've always liked to dress." On January 5, 2020, Lizzo stopped using Twitter; she cited "too many trolls" as the reason for her departure, and stated she would "be back when I feel like it". Her Twitter account has since been updated by her management, while she remains active on her Instagram. Lizzo often discusses her mental health and its impact on her career.
A tweet with her performance which outraged the RWNJs and thrilled her fans -

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Yes, but I saw no twerks with the glass flute playing.

And my god is she good!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

The "twerking" they're referring to is where she plays some trills in the flute and shakes her behind in rhythm with the trills. In the video MN-SKEPTIC posted, it's about 40 seconds in.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm betting most of the RWNJs find her hot and are horrified by that.

Return to “General Stuff”