Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Suranis

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Suranis

Re: Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Basically I'm told I went into what is called diabetic ketoacidosis. Basically it's a massive buildup of acids in the blood. I felt pain all over , thirsty, desperate urge to pee. Thing is I was badly dehydrated, but I could not pee as the anisthetic had me jammed up, so I was screaming I couldn't pee while my lips were shriveled and cracked with lack of fluid. Horrible night. I can't remember half the things that happened.
Hic sunt dracones
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

That’s horrible. Hope you recover well and soon. :bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

You sound like my Mrs: If there is a side effect to a drug or procedure, she gets it in the worst way. I'm glad you made it through. Welcome back.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I'm glad you survived your painful experience. We can assure Foggy there are no PEE TAPES, right? :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:11 am I'm glad you survived your painful experience. We can assure Foggy there are no PEE TAPES, right? :biggrin:
:lol: :lol:

Hope you’re out of hospital soon and feeling better! :bighug:
June bug

Post by June bug »

Hope all your complications are over and your recovery is fast and easy. :bighug:
much ado

Post by much ado »

That sounds like hell. Glad it's behind you and that you recover quickly.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Some photos. Mainly when I was in hospital, but you can see the sexy scarring I have been installed with on the last 2. The first couple was when i was headed to ICU and when I was in ICU. I'll spoiler them so people don't need to see if they dont want to and to stop massive page scroll

► Show Spoiler
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Wow, what a nightmare! Glad you can't remember half of it, sucks that you can remember the other half. I hope you are doing better now.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

My doctor would not take out the stitches as there was what seems to be s titch of infection under them, which is slowly shrinking under Antibiotics. So he sent me into the equivalent of A&E. I've been setting here for 11 hours watching people who arrived after me bieng seen before me.

Just thought I would let you all enjoy my suffering.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:11 pm My doctor would not take out the stitches as there was what seems to be s titch of infection under them, which is slowly shrinking under Antibiotics. So he sent me into the equivalent of A&E. I've been setting here for 11 hours watching people who arrived after me bieng seen before me.

Just thought I would let you all enjoy my suffering.
:grouphug:

I wish I could give you a really big hug right now. Or just sit there with you, holding your hand.
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

That sounds awful. Hopefully you’ll be seen and out of there as soon as possible.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Sounds dreadful sitting and watching. Hopefully, you have been seen by now.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya was seen by a doctor. spent 10 minutes taking out my stitches and sent me home, telling me to finish my Antibiotics.

Worth the 12 hour freaking wait. Yeesh.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:shock:

'Course, in 12 hours you read four books, yesno? :mrgreen:

:bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Sur, I hated reading this thread this morning. I crying when someone is in pain or going through something like this. I hope this is the last of your tribulations honey. I wish you healing and happiness. 💕
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sadly, it wasn't.

I know some of you will be laughing about this (So I might as well give you some entertainment), but its been a year of hell for me.

TLDR I have been getting lots of pain and infections ever since last September, particularly my teeth.

But all this culminated in last Thursday, when my flat went on fire.
IMG_20230713_170451.jpg
IMG_20230713_170451.jpg (99.09 KiB) Viewed 633 times
IMG_20230713_170444.jpg
IMG_20230713_170444.jpg (157.8 KiB) Viewed 633 times
I don't really want to describe what happened right now, but I went into a blind panic. went into hospital for some smoke inhalation for a few hours. And yesterday my foot swelled up so I went to a doctor, and ya because I grazed my foot off something and rand around outside barefoot while the fire brigade did their thing, I have a bad infection in my foot.

Anyway, I'm staying at my mothers for now. She is probably as happy about it as I am. I try to tell myself it could have been worse, I could have lost everything.Which is true. But as the culmination of half a year of antibiotics and pain and shite I haven't talked about, I'm beaten.
Hic sunt dracones
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Suranis

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

:shock: Holy shit Suranis! Thank goodness you're okay :bighug:
jemcanada2

Suranis

Post by jemcanada2 »

MsDaisy 2 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:15 am :shock: Holy shit Suranis! Thank goodness you're okay :bighug:
:yeahthat:

You and Foggy have come too close to fires in the last few weeks! I hope your foot is feeling better soon and you get back to your flat. :bighug: :bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Suranis

Post by Volkonski »

Oh that's awful. Best wishes for your recovery.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Suranis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Best wishes, Suranis. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of things and I truly hope life gets better for you, and quickly!! :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Suranis

Post by Foggy »

Hang in there, my friend. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Suranis

Post by raison de arizona »

OMG Suranis! :eek: Thinking of you, hope things go better. :bighug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This is what my foot looks like. Spoilered as its very red and purply. The Burn on my arm is very superficial. it had a blister which has since burst but its basically a skin abrasion, hardly worth recording
► Show Spoiler
Ok what happened essentially is I had an old dryer that my father had, which my brother gave me. I had to rotate the drum fast to make it go, but other than that it ran ok. Well not on thursday. When the fire alarm went off I thought it was fake as that fucking fire alarm has gone off hundreds of times before.

Well it gept going off so I decided to check on the dryer. I thought there was steam coming out of it so I pulled out the clothes, which were fine. then the steam kept coming... and then it turned black, and I saw flame and I went into a blind panic. I remember running around going aaaaahhhh and my brain was telling me the ceiling was going into a superheated state and was going to go into flame and and... Basically I went into a total freeze reaction.

I do remember ringing the fire brigade. But if it wasn't for a guy upstairs who dragged the dryer to the window and poured water from a bucket onto it, the whole place could have gone up. He told me to unplug the thing so I did which is probably where I got burned.

It could have been a lot worse.

When I was getting released the doctor said "if you need anything else you know where we are." I said "How about a certificate of Sanity." She grinned and said "We could all do with one of those."
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Introduce Yourself”