Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Supply Chain Bottlenecks

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Supply Chain Bottlenecks

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Gregg, to the Ford courtesy phone, please. Calling Gregg to the Ford courtesy phone.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

It's like poor Clemenza who had to wait for his new car because of WWII, yet, a couple years after the war, he gets his car but with temporary wooden bumpers.

Except that bumpers are a bit more important than the badge, well to some customers.
101010 :towel:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Without link, the messages I have seen since late summer is that the L.A. Ports have cleared. There seems to be some indications that freight has been re-routed to the east coast.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:19 pm Without link, the messages I have seen since late summer is that the L.A. Ports have cleared. There seems to be some indications that freight has been re-routed to the east coast.
That trend has been happening for a while, long before the COVID mess. Savannah GA can be well worth the extra cost for the Panama Canal transit depending on the type of goods involved. I did a study for a consulting client a couple years ago that showed that Savannah was the best port, and Macon GA the best warehouse location, to get into large retailers' distribution networks, in terms of total road miles needed to traverse to get products to retailers' regional distribution centers.

The reason for the collapse (and for the LA port situation to get straightened out so fast) is that Chinese factories are not operating, so there's less product looking for a ride to the US/Europe. If it were solely about the port capacity in Los Angeles, we wouldn't see container prices at this level; they'd be more in line with normal historical patterns, where the seasonal rush of Christmas-related merchandise would be on the water right about now.

Return to “Economy”