Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

US v Doug Jensen

Kendra

US v Doug Jensen

Post by Kendra »

Interesting thread. Next month is right around the corner.

Blessedly free of having to report anything about the MAL search affidavit, I will instead be heading down to court for a 2 p.m. pretrial conference for Iowa QAnon believer Doug Jensen, who's scheduled for trial next month.

Parenthetical note: Ashli Babbitt's mother, Micki Witthoeft, has been in regular attendance at recent Jan. 6 hearings for detained defendants and was in court today appearing to offer support to members of Doug Jensen's family.
Kendra

Re: US v Doug Jensen

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Doug Jensen requested new counsel just before jury selection started here in DC, which would have delayed the trial considerably.

Judge Kelly sealed the courtroom to speak to Jensen and his current counsel directly.

Ultimately, Kelly denied the motion.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:06 pm :snippity:
NEW: Doug Jensen requested new counsel just before jury selection started here in DC, which would have delayed the trial considerably.

Judge Kelly sealed the courtroom to speak to Jensen and his current counsel directly.

Ultimately, Kelly denied the motion.
I see the defendants are more and more pulling pages out of the SovCit playbook.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I imagine all the convictions and harsh penalties are starting to sink in.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Body worn camera shows Jensen telling police “What happens if we push? You guys should be arresting the Vice President”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It’s an update on timing. Jury wants extra time this evening. Judge had indicated he wanted update from jury by 5p. Jury appears to want until 6pm
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

G.U.I.L.T.Y. on all counts. Scott Macfarlane tweets that Jensen was taken into customer custody pending sentencing.

:groupdance:
Edit: Fix typo :bag:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:04 pm G.U.I.L.T.Y. on all counts. Scott Macfarlane tweets that Jensen was taken into customer pending sentencing.

Customer of the U.S. Marshals? :biggrin:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:07 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:04 pm G.U.I.L.T.Y. on all counts. Scott Macfarlane tweets that Jensen was taken into customer pending sentencing.

Customer of the U.S. Marshals? :biggrin:
Ooops, typo. Custody.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

OIP (15).jpeg
OIP (15).jpeg (41.24 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

An ongoing issue with these Jan. 6 jury trials is that you barely have time to write the story on closing arguments before the jury returns their guilty verdicts.
Let's all hope Officer Goodman is having a long tall cold one tonight.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:brickwallsmall: :cantlook: :doh:
QAnon believer who thought he was storming the White House during the Capitol riot
The residence of his demi-Dog :?:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Don't worry, Doug. This is all part of the plan you trusted, I'm sure.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:34 am Don't worry, Doug. This is all part of the plan you trusted, I'm sure.
I suspect Jensen is not very high in intelligence in more than a "he's not too bright" sense. Just a guess.

I didn't realize he had a dangerous weapon (don't know what it was).

He had a couple superseding indictments. His own special page on the DOJ site.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/defenda ... las-austin

JENSEN, Douglas Austin

Case Number:
1:21-cr-6
Charge(s):
Knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; disrupting the orderly conduct of government business; violent entry and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building; parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building; and obstructing a law enforcement officer during a civil disorder

Location of Arrest:
IOWA, Des Moines
Case Status:
Arrested 1/8/21. Indicted 1/11/21.

Superseding indictment issued 2/10/21. Arraigned 2/23/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts.

Second superseding indictment issued 4/9/21. Arraigned 6/8/21 where he pleaded not guilty to all counts.

Another superseding indictment returned 11/10/21.

Found guilty 9/23/22 of all seven counts. These include five felony offenses: assaulting, resisting, or impeding a law enforcement officer, obstruction of an official proceeding, interfering with a law enforcement officer during a civil disorder, entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a dangerous weapon, and disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds with a dangerous weapon. They also include misdemeanor offenses of disorderly conduct in a Capitol building, and parading, demonstrating, or picketing in a Capitol building.

Case Documents:
Jensen - Indictment
Jensen - Complaint
Jensen - Statement of Facts
jenson_ss_indictment.pdf
second_ss_indictment.pdf
Jensen - Superseding Indictment 11-10-21
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

The judges ought to start sentencing these jerks to consecutive sentences, rather than concurrent.

I'd prefer four or five 3-year sentences (out of 5 or more years) and served consecutively rather than having them all rolled into one 5-6 year sentence.

Won't happen, but it would be nice. It also might send a message to the others awaiting trial to change their pleas.....
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

US v Doug Jensen

Post by Kendra »

NEW: High-level Jan 6 defendant Doug Jensen files argument seeking leniency at 12/16 sentencing

Defense: "Jensen is a passionate man who became embroiled in conspiracy theories & conservative politics.. an uneducated union laborer who became overwhelmed by conspiracy theories"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

US v Doug Jensen

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:53 pm
NEW: High-level Jan 6 defendant Doug Jensen files argument seeking leniency at 12/16 sentencing

Defense: "Jensen is a passionate man who became embroiled in conspiracy theories & conservative politics.. an uneducated union laborer who became overwhelmed by conspiracy theories"
Did anyone else hear the unspoken Blazing Saddles finale to that line?
"Jensen is a passionate man who became embroiled in conspiracy theories & conservative politics.. an uneducated union laborer who became overwhelmed by conspiracy theories...you know, a moron."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

US v Doug Jensen

Post by Kendra »

TWO DAYS before sentencing of Doug Jensen, Cap. Police inspector sends letter to judge:

"If Officer Goodman had not led the defendant & the rest of the mob away from the Senate Lobby & an attempt was made to breach those doors, there would have been tremendous bloodshed"

(MORE)
pipistrelle

US v Doug Jensen

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:53 pm
Hey, Jensen, my dad was an uneducated union laborer and a WWII veteran, and he never "became overwhelmed by conspiracy theories" or chased a cop in the Capitol. And he sure as hell knew the difference between the Capitol and the White House. :roll:
Kendra

US v Doug Jensen

Post by Kendra »

Five years.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

US v Doug Jensen

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:29 amFive years.
Sucks to be him :wave: :loser: :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

US v Doug Jensen

Post by Kendra »

Doug Jensen, who led the mob in confronting Capitol officer Eugene Goodman on Jan 6, is now serving his prison term at the federal prison facility in Fort Worth, Texas

Through late 2025 =====>

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”