King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

MN-Skeptic

Re: King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:32 pm I thought they were divorced - is this a different Sarah that I just haven't previously heard about, an interesting living arrangement or did they get back together?
It's an interesting living arrangement. Prince Andrew's home has 30 rooms, and Fergie still lives there. It made it easy for raising their daughters. According to the articles I just googled, Andrew and Fergie get along great as friends.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Kriselda Gray »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:53 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:32 pm I thought they were divorced - is this a different Sarah that I just haven't previously heard about, an interesting living arrangement or did they get back together?
It's an interesting living arrangement. Prince Andrew's home has 30 rooms, and Fergie still lives there. It made it easy for raising their daughters. According to the articles I just googled, Andrew and Fergie get along great as friends.
More power to them, then!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

MsDaisy wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:10 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:56 pm
From the White House, according to the pool report: This morning, President Biden formally accepted an invitation to attend the State Funeral Service of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on September 19. He will be accompanied by the First Lady.
From what I heard on CNN, the invite was for POTUS and FLOTUS and that's it. tfg should be howling soon. I'm sure her and his spawn thought they'd all get a ticket.
What are the odds the trumps would "try" to crash? I'd love to see him turned away, especially after already paying for the flight over. He'll probably announce some urgent thing he has to attend to here and he'll be "unable to attend" in order to avoid the embarrassment that no one wants his sorry ass there in the first place. :roll:
Well, since apparently the only valid passport he has is his diplomatic passport which can only be used for official travel. So, there's no 'crashing' the funeral for Donnie.

Of course, he may have some other passport that wasn't confiscated in the Mar-a-largo search.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
keith

Post by keith »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:32 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:55 pm I know folks were wondering…

https: //twitter. com/cnnbrk/status/1568997956199530500
I thought they were divorced - is this a different Sarah that I just haven't previously heard about, an interesting living arrangement or did they get back together?
I think they are living in the same 'house' - some giant 'castle' with several different apartments. Anyway, even if apart, they could split the NINE dogs between them somehow.

ETA: Queen's corgis to live with the Duke and Duchess of York
Queen Elizabeth II's corgis will live with the Duke and Duchess of York, Andrew and Sarah, a source close to the Duke of York told CNN on Sunday.

The pair, who divorced in 1996, both reside at the Royal Lodge on the Windsor estate.

The source told CNN that the Duchess bonded with the monarch over a shared love of dog-walking and horse-riding.

Even after her divorce from Prince Andrew, Sarah continued her friendship with the Queen by walking dogs through the Windsor estate, the source added.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

keith wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:16 am I think they are living in the same 'house' - some giant 'castle' with several different apartments. Anyway, even if apart, they could split the NINE dogs between them somehow.

ETA:
The source told CNN that the Duchess bonded with the monarch over a shared love of dog-walking and horse-riding.

Even after her divorce from Prince Andrew, Sarah continued her friendship with the Queen by walking dogs through the Windsor estate, the source added.
Well, it sounds like the Queen has reason to believe they'll be in good hands :) But 9? I thought there were only 4 left - 2 Corgies, 1 Dorgie and 1 I can't remember, but it doesn't end with "-rgie"
keith

Post by keith »

It is entirely possible that I got the number wrong.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:03 pm Trying to remember who the 4 "good" queens were. There was Elizabeth I & II, Victoria, and the bad one was "Bloody" Mary Tudor. I suppose I could look up Wiki but too lazy.
Wins:

Boudicca, Mary (William and Mary version), Elizabeth I. Victoria, Elizabeth II

Losses Mary Tudor

Draw Jane Grey
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

much ado wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:46 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:51 pm If someone in the UK would pick me up a print edition of the Time of London with the Obit I would be thankful. I'll pay for it and the cost to ship it to me.

Ben-Prime?
According to this web page here...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/help/article ... nday-times

You can order back copies of The Times from this site...

https://www.ocsmedia.net/

They ship worldwide.

ETA: The current Sunday Times contains several articles about Elizabeth II. The cost is 25 GBP. I'm not sure whether that includes shipping.

ETA again: It won't give you a price until you specify your country. So I assume this means the price includes shipping. The weekday issues are 15 GBP to US, but it won't let you select the most recent dates at the moment...
Shipping? For 25 quid it should include a happy ending. This is a newspaper, not a book.

But that's why I asked someone local to get one at a newstand. I wouldn't mind paying that if that's what the shipping costs but royal mail is more reasonable than that, I'm sure the company doing the order is making more than anyone else. Hell, I'll pay that much to someone and let them keep the difference instead of a reshipper.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Apologies.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

keith wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 am :snippity:
Of course, he may have some other passport that wasn't confiscated in the Mar-a-largo search.
Passports had been returned.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:03 pm Trying to remember who the 4 "good" queens were. There was Elizabeth I & II, Victoria, and the bad one was "Bloody" Mary Tudor. I suppose I could look up Wiki but too lazy.
Mary II gets forgotten as she was co-monarch with William of Orange (I.e. William and Mary). She was not just queen consort or regent but fully queen.

Anne was the queen when they unified the Scottish and English crowns.
101010 :towel:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Being somewhat of a news addict, and definitely not a monarchist, the daily twenty four hour bombardment of royal news is starting to grate just a little bit. Being related to and a friend of some whom are invested in the pomp and ceremony (frippery!) it all gets rather awkward. Must go out walking more. :notlistening:

P.S. If any of you get various details wrong about royal matters don’t worry, a number of “constitutional experts” and royal historians (hacks) have been talking a considerable amount of tripe.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

If you are having trouble remembering all the English Kings and Queens here’s a little ditty to sing along to..

Needs updating to include Charley 3..
keith

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:55 am
keith wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 am :snippity:
Passports had been returned.
They found 3 passports at Mar-a-lago.

2 expired civilian passports and 1 diplomatic passport. These are the ones that were returned.

He may have a still valid civilian passport.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Morning news on ABC with a bunch of British peeps, bagpipes, etc…
Where is this? (HAHA)
Can’t be Britain or Scotland as I keep seeing SUNSHINE and shadows…
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 am Being somewhat of a news addict, and definitely not a monarchist, the daily twenty four hour bombardment of royal news is starting to grate just a little bit. Being related to and a friend of some whom are invested in the pomp and ceremony (frippery!) it all gets rather awkward. Must go out walking more. :notlistening:

P.S. If any of you get various details wrong about royal matters don’t worry, a number of “constitutional experts” and royal historians (hacks) have been talking a considerable amount of tripe.
Same thing happened with Diana. I was well and truly over it by day 3 and after another week they could have used the woman's head in a football match and I would have applauded. Bloody hell that was insane.

The hype is basically run by people who could not care less and they hype it to the nines. Those people who actually care would do respectful stuff that would not waste people's time.
Hic sunt dracones
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Gregg wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:22 am
Wins:

Boudicca, Mary (William and Mary version), Elizabeth I. Victoria, Elizabeth II

Losses Mary Tudor

Draw Jane Grey
What about Queen Anne, a queen regnant too, who was (iirc) the last of the Stuarts (I mean the last of the royal house; there are plenty of other non-royal Stuarts still).

You have to feel for the woman: despite 17 pregnancies she died without any of them surviving her.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kris said
I actually got to see PDQ Bach live with our city's philharmonic orchestra when I was younger. It was SO much fun!
Some years back Mr520 and I were putting effort into a local bill to save our mountains from developers. My neighbor, Brian, was a violinist and was tasked with getting some music for a fundraiser, which was held in a cabin in Wilderness Park. The cabin held 50 max.

Imagine our surprise when PDQ Bach rolled up!! They were in town to debut a new piece the next day. Brian had gone to college with one of them. It was rollicking fun!! One of my favorite musical evenings.

ETA They played the debut piece too.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

From what I heard on CNN, the invite was for POTUS and FLOTUS and that's it. tfg should be howling soon. I'm sure her and his spawn thought they'd all get a ticket.
Especially if it turns out the Obama, Bush, Clinton and Carter were invited.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I may be misremembering, but I thought I read a few years ago that the Queen had given up all of her Corgis. Perhaps this story is from that time. Besides, that picture is a much younger version of Her Majesty.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 am
In the name of John Barron, perhaps?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:56 am Imagine our surprise when PDQ Bach rolled up!! They were in town to debut a new piece the next day. Brian had gone to college with one of them. It was rollicking fun!! One of my favorite musical evenings.

ETA They played the debut piece too.
Oh too cool! That would have been a real treat :)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

noblepa wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:06 am
Especially if it turns out the Obama, Bush, Clinton and Carter were invited.
:biggrin: :batting: :daydreaming:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

noblepa wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:11 am

I may be misremembering, but I thought I read a few years ago that the Queen had given up all of her Corgis. Perhaps this story is from that time. Besides, that picture is a much younger version of Her Majesty.
That photo is only 6 years old and was taken at her 90th birthday in 2016. There is also a photo of her with one of the dogs in Feb of 2022 in that same article, so no, she hadn't gotten rid of her dogs. She had 4 at the time of her death according to all sources I've seen. 2 corgis, a dorgie and a cocker spaniel.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:00 pm

That photo is only 6 years old and was taken at her 90th birthday in 2016. There is also a photo of her with one of the dogs in Feb of 2022 in that same article, so no, she hadn't gotten rid of her dogs. She had 4 at the time of her death according to all sources I've seen. 2 corgis, a dorgie and a cocker spaniel.
She also has black labs, used as shotgun dogs. They are not kept at Buckingham Palace.

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”