trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:58 am I guess this was a lawsuit he filed accusing people of trying to rig the 2016 election for Hillary.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1 ... 7296501760
:lol:
Judge wrote:Plaintiff’s theory of this case, set forth over 527 paragraphs in the first 118 pages of the
Amended Complaint, is difficult to summarize in a concise and cohesive manner. It was certainly
not presented that way. Nevertheless, I will attempt to distill it here.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:27 am One of the responses on one of the Twitter feeds about the dismissal.

IMG_20220909_092230_kindlephoto-55343653.jpg
Ha!!!!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Former Trump WH lawyer Ty Cobb tells
@MajorCBS
the possibility of an indictment against the former president is “very high.” Find out why, here —>
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:53 am https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/ ... 3131872258
HABBA says Trump plans to appeal the decision, describing it as "rife with erroneous applications of the law."

The judge basically said Trump didn't offer any facts to substantiate the lawsuit, which was full of conclusory/political language.
Is this the parking garage lawyer?
Yes.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The thing on top of his head needs eyes too.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

To Dr. Ken and Suranis: :rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

The Lincoln Project releases DJ Trump. :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

hahaha Mitch McConnell bwahahaha wants tfg hahaha to pony up bwahahaha for the Republican Senate candidates :bwahaha:
Republicans to Trump: Pony up more cash in battle for Senate
The former president is sitting on $99 million — money Mitch McConnell wants spent on Trump-backed GOP hopefuls who are lagging in the money chase.

Mitch McConnell is indirectly nudging Donald Trump to help Republicans try to flip the Senate, part of a broader GOP campaign to get the former president to open up his well-stocked coffers for the rest of the party.

The minority leader is advising Trump-backed candidates and senators with good relationships with the 45th president to prod him to transfer millions of dollars from his leadership PAC to super PACs supporting Trump’s favored candidates, according to two people familiar with McConnell’s entreaty. Trump has repeatedly trashed McConnell over the past 18 months, including calling for his ouster as GOP leader. But the two have a shared goal of turning the Senate red.

The private push to get Trump to financially engage in a number of battleground states comes as the former president sits on roughly $99 million, stored in his PAC. That unused cash is drawing increased attention from GOP leaders as the midterms approach, with Trump’s own endorsed candidates lagging in polls and trailing their Democratic opponents in fundraising.
:snippity:
One Republican senator, granted anonymity to speak candidly about the situation, doubted that Trump would loosen his purse strings even for his own candidates given the long-running tensions between him and Senate Republicans — a sentiment echoed in part by some operatives close to the former president.

“It’s not Trump’s job to elect a Senate majority,” said one Trump world adviser.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/0 ... e-00055874
raison de arizona

Wasn't expecting to hear this out of Ty Cobb's mouth, I have to admit.
Former Trump White House lawyer Ty Cobb thinks Justice Department's Trump investigation is related to Jan. 6 — "The Takeout" podcast

Ty Cobb, who was a White House lawyer during former President Donald Trump's administration, suspects the Justice Department investigation into whether Trump mishandled White House documents — some of them highly classified — is really about a broader inquiry into potential crimes related to the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot and efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

"It is about the bigger picture, the Jan. 6 issues, the fake electors, the whole scam with regard to the 'big lie' and the attempts to…cling to the presidency in a desperate fashion," Cobb said on this week's episode of "The Takeout" podcast.

A clue for Cobb, a former federal prosecutor, was the scope of the warrant authorized to search Trump's Mar-a-Lago compound.
"I think the president is in serious legal water, not so much because of the search, but because of the obstructive activity he took in connection with the Jan. 6 proceeding," Cobb said. "I think that and the attempts to interfere in the election count in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania and perhaps Michigan. That was the first time in American history that a president unconstitutionally attempted to remain in power illegally."
"There is a simple way to disqualify President Trump," Cobb said. "He clearly violated the 14th Amendment of the Constitution's Article III when he gave aid and comfort and three hours of inaction with regard to what was happening on the grounds of the Capitol. That clearly gave aid and comfort to the insurrectionists."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-tru ... t-podcast/
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I thought the knighted post was a photoshop joke. No?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Has to be - no details.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
much ado

Post by much ado »

Umm... Isn't that explicitly forbidden by the Constitution?
Article I Legislative Branch

Section 9 Powers Denied Congress
Clause 8 Titles of Nobility and Emoluments

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
https://constitution.congress.gov/brows ... /clause-8/
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

Ummm, a knighthood is a title of commonality, not of nobility, and plenty of US citizens, including public servants, have been knighted (a special category of knighthood for non-UK). But I never heard of a secret knighthood; the whole purpose is a public honor.
much ado

Post by much ado »

'Nobility' is only a restriction on the kind of title the U.S. cannot grant. No Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust can accept a foreign title of ANY KIND WHATEVER.

Name one U.S. politician who has accepted a foreign title.

ETA:

I found this about honorary knighthoods...
Americans who have been awarded an honorary knighthood or damehood

For over a century, US citizens have received honorary British knighthoods and damehoods. For example, US Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H W Bush, and Dwight D Eisenhower all became Knights of the Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath. Eisenhower also became an honorary member of the Order of Merit in 1945 for running the Allied campaign during World War 2.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/awards-and ... ent/103441

Perhaps the fact that it is 'honorary' makes it okay?
raison de arizona

much ado wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:29 pm Name one U.S. politician who has accepted a foreign title.
Eisenhower. Reagan. Bush.
https://www.almanac.com/fact/was-any-us ... y-englandr
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Thomas Jefferson
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

A friend sent me this TikTok...

much ado

Post by much ado »

Heh. Heh. Heh.

Very good.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:35 pm
much ado wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:29 pm Name one U.S. politician who has accepted a foreign title.
Eisenhower. Reagan. Bush.
https://www.almanac.com/fact/was-any-us ... y-englandr
They were all honorary. Also, non- honorary Knighthoods can only be bestowed on Subjects of the Sovereign, meaning from countries int eh Commonwealth that still recognize the Crown as head of state, and the UK.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Not to mention that, in private, Elizabeth II is said to have thought D.Trump was an insufferably vile, classless buffoon.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
much ado

Post by much ado »

roadscholar wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:21 pm Not to mention that, in private, Elizabeth II is said to have thought D.Trump was an insufferably vile, classless buffoon.
I'm hoping that, eventually, we will learn details of what Elizabeth II thought of many of the world figures she met.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

roadscholar wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:21 pm Not to mention that, in private, Elizabeth II is said to have thought D.Trump was an insufferably vile, classless buffoon.
Permitteth me to sayeth, Lord Road Scholar, thy collar befitteth thee exceeding well.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Ruff Ruff Ruff.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”