King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

RVInit

Re: King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by RVInit »

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
pipistrelle

Re: King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla (Scorpio/Cancer) + Queen Elizabeth II

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:19 pm I am not terribly sad. I mean, I'm sad, but she lived a long, super interesting life, and didn't suffer too much at the end (as I understand it). That's all any of us can ask for. I'm happy she was queen almost my entire lifetime, and I'll be interested to see what Charles III will do. But I haven't lost the guiding light of my life.

I prefer to think of her like this:

That's what women did during WWII, and she dived in.
Yeah, that's my favorite role of hers. Several photos of her working on vehicles.

I think a lot of people are sad as much for the end of an era, that era not being great in many ways but historically significant, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Cold War, oh, wait, all wars. Well, also the passing of the silent/greatest generation who weren't glued to their phones (although they like radio and TV).

She had a remarkable life, and how many people live until they're 96 as mentally alert as she was? And she was physically active as she could be.

My only regret is that she had to deal with you-know-what.

(Someone wondered how the corgis are taking this.)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:51 pm I love this one.
On behalf of all of us here at His Illuminated Majesty's Air Force, The Regiment Mourns. We of course welcome the Sovereign's beloved dogs as

Canine Companions of the Imperial Dachshund Regiments (CCID)

Here's What Happens to the Queen's Beloved Dogs Now

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:45 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:42 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:40 pm I used to be better, but :oldlady: Had to refresh my memory on Charles I and Charles II. How could I have forgotten, especially the latter?
Charles II was the one who left office a head shorter.
That was Charles I.

Charles II was restored after the Commonwealth.
***Hangs head in shame*** :bag:

You are, of course, right. Apologies to all who were distressed.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:31 pm

a Dorgi (Corgi-Dachshund mix)
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:33 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:42 pm

Charles II was the one who left office a head shorter.
That was Charles I.

Bonnie Prince Charlie of great romantic fame of thousands of novelists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Edward_Stuart
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Know it's highly unlikely to expect a comment from His Illuminated Majesty's Air Force, but there are reports of thousands of Dachshunds and Dorgis descending upon Balmoral and London. Are there any plans the 699th can share to reassure everyone of the security of the services? Or what Her Majesty was referring to when she said to Candy, her Dorgi, "And where did you come from? I know what you want." :P Donuts & Pup-Peroni?

What is a dorgi? A look at Queen's royal pets as Candy makes surprise appearance
THE QUEEN makes no secret of her love of dogs, and it seems Britain's longest-serving monarch is a huge fan of one dog breed in particular. So what is a dorgi, and how many pets does the Queen have?
By KATIE SEWELL 10:27, Sun, Feb 6, 2022 | UPDATED: 10:28, Sun, Feb 6, 2022

The Queen was recently photographed looking at memorabilia for her Platinum Jubilee in the run-up to the anniversary of her accession on Sunday, February 6. And to the delight of animal fans, the Queen received a special visit from her beloved pet dog Candy, who looked like he was after a tasty royal snack. After Candy walked proudly into the Oak Room of Windsor Castle, the pup approached some of the people in the media who had gathered for the event.

The Queen gave her beloved pooch a stroke and was heard saying: "And where did you come from? I know what you want." The Queen is known to be an animal enthusiast, and Candy is one of many dorgis the Queen has owned over the years.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/15 ... -candy-evg

Is Candy related to any 699th Members?

Candy.JPG
Candy.JPG (77.57 KiB) Viewed 800 times

Dorgi.JPG
Dorgi.JPG (92.31 KiB) Viewed 800 times

Queen Elizabeth ll, with the Queen Mother and Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones (now Sarah Chatto), and a dorgi at the Badminton Horse Trials in April 1976.

Dorgi 2.JPG
Dorgi 2.JPG (86.69 KiB) Viewed 800 times

Queen Elizabeth II holds a dachshund under her arm as she watches the veterinary inspection on the last day of the Badminton Horse Trials in 1976.

The Queen’s dorgis may have one of the most famous women in the world as their owner - but they have no idea. They have been known to make appearances at some of her engagements, and have met other notable people like the 2012 New Zealand rugby team.

It's believed the Queen had four dogs at the time of her death: two Pembroke Welsh Corgis, a Dorgi (Corgi-Dachshund mix), and a Cocker Spaniel named Lissy. Lissy joined the family in January 2022. She's also credited with creating the Dorgi after breeding one of her dogs with Princess Margaret's dachshund Pipkin.

Any comment from Lt Col Root Beer or Lt Biscuit about the Dorgi breeding with Princess Margaret's dachshund Pipkin? :dog:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

SuzieC wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:49 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:33 pm
That was Charles I.

He would have been Charles III, but he was a mere pretender. After the failed Jacobite rising at Culloden, Charles escaped to the Isle of Skye, and made his way to Rome, where he died some 40 years later.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:43 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:31 pm

a Dorgi (Corgi-Dachshund mix)
That story did not answer the question it promised to answer in the headline.

In fact in the last sentence it just said "I dunno" :shrug:
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:28 pm
SuzieC wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:49 pm

He would have been Charles III, but he was a mere pretender. After the failed Jacobite rising at Culloden, Charles escaped to the Isle of Skye, and made his way to Rome, where he died some 40 years later.
James II fled to France, abandoning the throne to William and Mary. The Scottish refused to accept this and still viewed James as King of Scotland. James later landed in Ireland, attempting to regain the throne, failed, fled back to France and lived the rest of life there. Bonnie Prince Charlie was his grandson. And all that was after the English Civil War, execution of Charles I, etc, etc.

All this was witnessed by the colonists in America. I wonder what they thought of it all. It is something never mentioned in my American History classes, and didn't even know about this until years later, but it must have been important to the colonists at the time.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:58 pm The 14 presidents whose time in office overlapped with Elizabeth's reign were

Truman
Eisenhower
Kennedy
Johnson
Nixon
Ford
Carter
Reagan
Bush 1
Clinton
Bush 2
Obama
Trump
Biden

Of the 14, she never met Johnson at all. She met Truman before becoming queen. That may be where the number 12 comes from.

She outlasted the 12 presidents she met while they were in office and she was queen. She met 13 of the 14 men who were president during her reign but she met Truman before she became queen.
You were correct. I was wrong about the date of the death of George VI. He died on February 6, 1952. Truman was indeed still US President on that day. Elizabeth's coronation was some 16 months later.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Social media is pretty vile right now.
Hic sunt dracones
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Haters gotta hate i expect but..... why and what's the f'ing problem for the haters?

The Queen (other than of course being one of the Lizard People beloved of David Icke) was a tough old bird with a steel backbone, a sense of what was right and a bone deep delivery of service.

Charles used to be thought of as "the kooky one" what with his silly obsession with the environment, sustainability, organic farming and other such outré stuff /sarc. He should have stood up to the general establishment and never married that woman, however he has gotten at least one good son out of that.

Camilla makes him happy and seems to be a strong, stable, sensible influence, not a clothes horse like the first one but solid, what the Olde Conservatives used to call "having bottom" as in grounded not ass.

William hasn't set a foot wrong that I can see and has a wife who appears to centre him.

Andrew has been effectively cast into outer darkness and is now an irrelevance

The Ginger and the Grifter are now starting to reap what they sowed and are becoming ever more irrelevant in the real scheme of things.

Hey, in comparison to some families I known, they are practically a beacon of sanity....
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Yeah, it will be fun to watch.

Post by Foggy »

I'm looking forward to seeing what King Charles does, after all the funeral stuff. By then he'll have had a good chance to think about what it all means, and what he wants his legacy to be, now that he's king.

He gets a reset, imho. But we'll have to see. Ol' Wifehorn says "He's always been an odd duck." :oldlady:
far beyond ... far beyond ...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Wifehorn is right. Prince (now King) Charles is an intellectual and a nerd. Nerds have created the world as we know it today. He is a Renaissance man with wide and diverse interests. I think he will make a remarkable King.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I am not a monarchist, but…

Charles reign could go two ways; he champions “worthy” causes and is lauded; he champions “worthy” causes that upset the “establishment” (including the royal hangers-on) and is turned in by the media. Camilla looks as if she will remain “solid” whatever.

William and Kate are, to me, are exactly what they are expected to be, “modern”, jolly good sports, and basically boring.

“Ginger and the grifter” seem to be fulfilling the role of black sheep. It is interesting to look at the timeline of Harry’s transformation from action hero, good egg, and fun ‘spare” to his current situation.

Now that Andrew’s suspected best supporter has passed it remains to be seen how the rest of the family act towards him.

As ever Anne will remain aloof from everything.

Edward, who?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Charles has, with the tacit support of the Queen already stated and will be "slimming down" The Firm. If you don't have an active participation in Royal duties, you don't get to sup at the trough.

Anne blazed the path with her children and without titles, Zara, in particular holds her own with charity works etc.

Expect the rationalization of The Firm to continue under Charles, I think the hardest part for him will be that he will no longer be able to be as outspoken on those issues he holds dear

If he follows his mothers path though, soft power and influence is still his to wield appropriately, time will tell.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yes, and of course the UK is facing unending problems from Brexit that never seem to stop, and they have a brand new prime minister. The royalty is imho only a sideshow, not the action in the center centre (OMG, almost forgot I'm yappin' about the UK :oopsy: ) ring.

'Course, on Fogbow we're all about the sideshows. And the centre ring. And stuff. :whistle:
far beyond ... far beyond ...
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

As my mind was processing the fact that we no longer have a queen, I started wondering what would happen to our money, stamps, passports, etc. This article answers several of my questions. It could take several years before everything is replaced with King Charles III.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/breaking ... d16ea583b9

Also wonder if Queen Romana approved the new king. Did anyone even ask her? :roll: :nope: :nope: ;)

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”