Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by Greatgrey »

chancery wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:26 pm

Maybe. The trouble is, amicus briefs aren't usually a thing for trial court proceedings.
My HOA is being sued by the Alaska Railroad in AK US District Court, they’re claiming land given as homestead in 1950 is actually theirs.

There are piles of amicus briefs from others impacted, utilities & and the city.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by Slarti the White »

Off Topic
Greatgrey wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:29 pm
Leo Denofrio, provided he’s not gambling at the moment
Or busy with his duties as the Paraclete.

I always dreamed of running into Leo at the poker table (I had numerous exchanges with him back in the day). Last I knew he had made a video about the moon landings being faked -- it turns out his comprehension of physics wasn't any better than his comprehension of Constitutional law...
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I'm trying to persuade my supervisor at the PD's office that we need to file motions to appoint a special master in all our search warrant cases. :dance:

(And yes. I'm back. Miss me? It's been a crazy year. Fill y'all in on the details later. ;) )
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I subscribe to both the New York Times and the Washington Post. I typically share a gift link within a Fogbow hidden tag.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm I'm trying to persuade my supervisor at the PD's office that we need to file motions to appoint a special master in all our search warrant cases. :dance:

(And yes. I'm back. Miss me? It's been a crazy year. Fill y'all in on the details later. ;) )
When this all came up I wondered if people would start filing for special masters willy nilly. Can't wait until the guys in prison get wind of this. They have nothing better to do than file stuff.

And glad to see you back!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Grrrrrrreat seeing you, Panda! Your knowledge and insight are awesome. Looking forward to seeing your posts!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

How can the U.S. government NOT be issuing search warrants for every single residence of Trump's right now? You know damned well that is we don't remove any government documents as soon as possible, our enemies will have swooped in and stolen them!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm I'm trying to persuade my supervisor at the PD's office that we need to file motions to appoint a special master in all our search warrant cases. :dance:

FRP! :thumbsup:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm (And yes. I'm back. Miss me? It's been a crazy year. Fill y'all in on the details later. ;) )
WB!
June bug

Post by June bug »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:17 pm
Hidden Content
Same here.
June bug

Post by June bug »

So glad to hear from you again, FRP!! :thumbsup: :bighug: :thumbsup:
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:02 pm How can the U.S. government NOT be issuing search warrants for every single residence of Trump's right now? You know damned well that is we don't remove any government documents as soon as possible, our enemies will have swooped in and stolen them!
I can answer this. Because there's a fairly large gap (legally) between "we all know it's true" and "probable cause to believe X crime has been committed and Y evidence of said crime will be found at Z location." It's very obvious that the government had multiple human sources of information pertaining to what would be found at Mar-a-Lago. If they had similar information from credible human sources pertaining to Trump's other properties, there isn't any question those locales would have been searched by now. They haven't, ergo we can deduce the government doesn't have sufficient credible information to indicate documents can be found at those properties.

Also, remember how Trump works. Bannon's motto is "flood the zone with shit," and Trump works the same way. The government is essentially treating this as a counterintelligence operation as well as a criminal investigation, and counterintelligence types - like, for instance, Jay Bratt - are always worried about disinformation. Recall how much Trump loves crowing about the FBI's (relatively minor, but very consequential) screw-ups in the Russia-Mueller investigation. The Peter Strzok/Lisa Page affair and the botched Carter Page FISA application (it really was mind-boggling how they screwed that pooch, given that even a layperson like me looks at Page and his dealings and thinks "yeah, that guy's in the employ of Russian intelligence") have given him endless ammo to discredit the FBI with his followers. Just how hard do you think it would be for Trump to put up a phony informant to feed plausible bullshit to the FBI about more classified documents, say, in Ivana Trump's casket? Then the FBI goes and digs up the casket, finds nothing, and Trump makes political hay out of it for the rest of time. They had enough info on Mar-a-Lago to write up a 40 page affidavit. I'm sure they're getting lots more information every day, but if I were running the investigation I would want to make sure absolutely every i was dotted and t was crossed before moving, and that's without taking into consideration things like lawless Trump-friendly judges deciding to affirmatively misstate the law in service to their benefactor.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:28 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:22 pm And to the coming cries of "who leaked this to the liberal MSM?" I say the answer should be "It wouldn't have been leaked had it not been in the pool shed at Mar A Lago in the first place."

And you know it's coming...
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
I have script.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Greatgrey wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:35 pm
chancery wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:26 pm

Maybe. The trouble is, amicus briefs aren't usually a thing for trial court proceedings.
My HOA is being sued by the Alaska Railroad in AK US District Court, they’re claiming land given as homestead in 1950 is actually theirs.

There are piles of amicus briefs from others impacted, utilities & and the city.
Yeah, well, that's a completely different situation, since the others impacted obviously have a personal stake, which is not the case with the former prosecutors. The other landowners might have a basis for intervening, except that it would be more wieldy for them to participate as amici instead of as parties.

But it's up to the district judge's discretion, and many judges don't like it, because it's susceptible to abuse (supposedly independent amici are frequently in fact in league with one of the parties), and because it can multiply the court's workload without doing much more than regurgitating the arguments of the parties.
Off Topic
If it's not an intrusion on your privacy, I'd be interested in checking out the docket of your HOA's case.
June bug

Post by June bug »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:25 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:02 pm How can the U.S. government NOT be issuing search warrants for every single residence of Trump's right now? You know damned well that is we don't remove any government documents as soon as possible, our enemies will have swooped in and stolen them!
I can answer this. Because there's a fairly large gap (legally) between "we all know it's true" and "probable cause to believe X crime has been committed and Y evidence of said crime will be found at Z location." It's very obvious that the government had multiple human sources of information pertaining to what would be found at Mar-a-Lago. If they had similar information from credible human sources pertaining to Trump's other properties, there isn't any question those locales would have been searched by now. They haven't, ergo we can deduce the government doesn't have sufficient credible information to indicate documents can be found at those properties.

Also, remember how Trump works. Bannon's motto is "flood the zone with shit," and Trump works the same way. The government is essentially treating this as a counterintelligence operation as well as a criminal investigation, and counterintelligence types - like, for instance, Jay Bratt - are always worried about disinformation. Recall how much Trump loves crowing about the FBI's (relatively minor, but very consequential) screw-ups in the Russia-Mueller investigation. The Peter Strzok/Lisa Page affair and the botched Carter Page FISA application (it really was mind-boggling how they screwed that pooch, given that even a layperson like me looks at Page and his dealings and thinks "yeah, that guy's in the employ of Russian intelligence") have given him endless ammo to discredit the FBI with his followers. Just how hard do you think it would be for Trump to put up a phony informant to feed plausible bullshit to the FBI about more classified documents, say, in Ivana Trump's casket? Then the FBI goes and digs up the casket, finds nothing, and Trump makes political hay out of it for the rest of time. They had enough info on Mar-a-Lago to write up a 40 page affidavit. I'm sure they're getting lots more information every day, but if I were running the investigation I would want to make sure absolutely every i was dotted and t was crossed before moving, and that's without taking into consideration things like lawless Trump-friendly judges deciding to affirmatively misstate the law in service to their benefactor.
Excellent analysis - thanks, FRP!!
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

fierceredpanda wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:57 pm (And yes. I'm back. Miss me? It's been a crazy year. Fill y'all in on the details later. ;) )
Of course we missed you. Welcome back!

:cheer1: :cheer2: :banana: :thumbsup: :dance: :banana: :cheer1: :cheer2:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re: information about secret government information on nuclear readiness status of another nation.

It's my firm belief that this secret information was leaked to "the other side". The clandestine alphabet soup services have confirmed that "the other side" are in its possession.

This knowlege was uncovered to the MSM to get published. Now the "other side" knows its source has been found, it knows that many things will be changed and their insight is no longer valid. Also the "other nation" with nuclear capability gets to know their own secrets are now public. They may not be a friendly nation from the NATO block.

Just a nice contribution to local conspracy theories.

ps. this does not bode well for the former holder of said document :twisted:

pps. :think: Israel revised: India or Pakistan.

ETA. after contemplating some more:

Pakistan was the subject of the nuclear readiness report.

India was the involountary recipent, the former guy used the content to brag during his visit to India, impress primeminister Modi(?)
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Welcome back!
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

alternatively, if Trump/Jared sold secrets about Israeli nuclear capabilities to Saudi Arabia, Jared is in deep 💩
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Lets see, which countries would that be..... the list is kinda short but

Generates a LOT of problems diplomatically
Israel
France

Generates some problems diplomatically, more likely to cause issues with revealing technical and human intel capabilities
India
Pakistan

Generates some kick back but diplomatically "Who cares", more likely to cause issues with revealing technical and human intel capabilities
Russia
North Korea
China

M'eh, we kinda have been sharing ..... Like .... this stuff for .... Like ..... Forevah!
United Kingdom
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:51 am alternatively, if Trump/Jared sold secrets about Israeli nuclear capabilities to Saudi Arabia, Jared is in deep 💩
Alternatively, Trump has a 'thing' about Macron. Could be France.

So manypossibilities.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:51 am alternatively, if Trump/Jared sold secrets about Israeli nuclear capabilities to Saudi Arabia, Jared is in deep 💩
If that ACTUALLY had happened then Jared and his wife could expect a very professional and very short lived relationship with Mossad and a meticulously documented accidental temporal shortening of expected lifespan....
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

keith wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:15 am
Alternatively, Trump has a 'thing' about Macron. Could be France.

So manypossibilities.
That would be my guess. He is obsessed with hatred of Europe, especially those EU countries. I wasn't surprised that he wanted to keep his grubby hands on intel on Macron.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by Luke »

Cleaned up the topic title a bit, put Spy Hard at the end, Mar-A-Lago more upfront. This is getting indexed "bigly" by search engines, all the keywords are showing up in searches. Fogbow strikes terror in the hearts of evildoers again.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”