Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Wisconsin Governor 2022

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Wisconsin Governor 2022

Post by raison de arizona »

NOT MICHELS! Michels is currently down 2 points (45-43) vs. the Dem, Barnes, let's increase that!

Here's what they will get otherwise:
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: NEW: Tim Michels, the Republican nominee for Wisconsin Governor, said he supports “an exact mirror of the 1849” ban on abortion, which includes forcing victims of rape and incest to give birth. (@WISN12News)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
duck dodgers
Verified: ✅ Until 23,500

Re: Wisconsin Governor 2022

Post by duck dodgers »

Barnes is running for Senate against RoJo, not governor. Tony Evers is the current Governor and is running for re-election.
"You can syndicate any boat you row"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Wisconsin Governor 2022

Post by RTH10260 »

Wisconsin GOP candidate calls for 'pitchforks and torches'

SCOTT BAUER
Fri, September 2, 2022 at 9:24 PM

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Republican candidate for governor in Wisconsin endorsed by Donald Trump is calling for people to take up “pitchforks and torches” in reaction to a story that detailed his giving to anti-abortion groups, churches and others — rhetoric that Democrats say amounts to threatening violence.

Tim Michels, who co-owns the state's largest construction company, faces Democratic Gov. Tony Evers in the battleground state. If Michels wins, he will be in position to enact a host of GOP priorities passed by the Republican-controlled Legislature leading into the 2024 presidential election. Evers has vetoed more bills than any governor in modern state history and is campaigning on his ability to serve as a check on Republicans.

Michels, a multimillionaire, this week reacted strongly to a story published by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel detailing charitable giving by he and his wife's foundation, some of which went to anti-abortion groups and churches that have taken anti-gay positions.

Since the story's publication, Michels has gone after not just Evers and Democrats, but also the Journal Sentinel and, more broadly, all reporters.

“I believe people should just, just be ready to get out on the streets with pitchforks and torches with how low the liberal media has become,” Michels said Thursday on a conservative talk radio show. “People need to decide ‘Am I going to put up with this? Am I going to tolerate this, taking somebody that gives money to churches or cancer research and use that as a hit piece in the media?’ I’m appalled. It’s disgusting.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wisconsin-go ... 43056.html

Return to “Governors & State Elections”