trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Gregg

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

We need an over/under betting pool.

January 21st, 2025. Donald Trump

Prison

Oval Office

Firmly ensconced in a Piss Proof Tomb on a New Jersey Golf Course

Crashing wedding Receptions at Mar A Lago
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

According to Trump’s recent statement he should be put back in power immediately. He now has a high powered attorney and judges to back his claims regarding an illegal election. What’s next. Nothing is out of the question with this guy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump is fuming at McConnell after he criticized his Senate endorsements: “He not good .. later on we’ll have to do something with him. The party is furious at him. We have to put up with him for a period of time, but eventually he’ll be gone. He’s bad news.”
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:sick:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:08 am Yes. Infuriating.

And after we clean up the mess, we should take steps to make sure we never elect a crook to be president again.
Technically, we didn't. Or most of us didn't. Unless you're going to say, "But...her...emails..." Nah.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

June bug wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:35 pm
Gregg wrote:
Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:16 pm

Starting with security clearances.
:yeahthat:

But a literacy test would have prevented this one...
Neither one is going to happen, as either would require a Constitutional amendment.

Instead, he’s on the comeback trail and may very likely be back in the Oval Office in 2025.

Then everything will be up for bidding.
I am terrified of that very thing happening. The only thing that will stop it is if the right wing media and the majority of Republicans in office decide to dump him. And ditch the current RNC and start all over. They need a huge house cleaning from elected Republicans to right wing media.

We are seeing several in the media putting their toes into that water. Doocey, Ann Coulter, what's her name on Fox, Newsmax didn't cut Napolitano's mike when he basically said based on what we have already seen they can indict Trump. I hesitate to say it, and probably will be deeply disappointed, but it could be happening.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re discussion about qualifications for potus: imho a candidate ought to at least been elected to a state office, legislative preferred, or executive. Personally I would suggest at least one term completed. (but then Obama would not have made the cut, iirc he was in his first term).
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:06 pm re discussion about qualifications for potus: imho a candidate ought to at least been elected to a state office, legislative preferred, or executive. Personally I would suggest at least one term completed. (but then Obama would not have made the cut, iirc he was in his first term).
Obama served in the Illinois Senate for eight years, if that counts.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:09 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:06 pm re discussion about qualifications for potus: imho a candidate ought to at least been elected to a state office, legislative preferred, or executive. Personally I would suggest at least one term completed. (but then Obama would not have made the cut, iirc he was in his first term).
And the US Senate too. also.
raison de arizona

Slarti the White wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:10 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:09 pm
And the US Senate too. also.
Well, yeah, but he didn’t complete that term.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I also agree that it would be a good thing for "us" to start laying the groundwork for a Constitutional Amendment regarding requirements for anyone running for POTUS. They should have to qualify for the highest level of security clearance because they have access to the nation's most potentially damaging secrets. They should have served at some level of government and they should have to pass the same test of knowledge of the Constitution and US government as a person who becomes a US citizen. Every one of these requirements would have saved us from the disaster of Trump as POTUS. His election and term was a huge embarrassment for these United States.

I do believe he and/or Kushner were involved in the loss of human intelligence lives. The timeline of his ultra secret meeting with Putin, followed by his strange and unprecedented interest in receiving the list of names of all human intelligence sources, followed by the largest loss of intelligence sources in the following months, is at least suspicious.

His hoarding of classified documents, and refusal to return them is highly suspect as well. I want the whole story of who he may have shared US secrets with to come out and to be repeated over and over again from now until after the next Presidential election.

I'm not asking for much, am I? :lol:

— Demetri Martin
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

— Demetri Martin
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

This is a really interesting article from 2021 a out the CIA's loss of human intelligence sources in recent years and why they think it's been happening so much more often in recent years. Interestingly, it doesn't mention trump's handling of classified information as a reason, focusing more on issues off trade craft and underestimating our opponents.

Here's a gift link to the article and an excerpt from it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/us/p ... =share-url
WASHINGTON — Top American counterintelligence officials warned every C.I.A. station and base around the world last week about troubling numbers of informants recruited from other countries to spy for the United States being captured or killed, people familiar with the matter said.

The message, in an unusual top secret cable, said that the C.I.A.’s counterintelligence mission center had looked at dozens of cases in the last several years involving foreign informants who had been killed, arrested or most likely compromised. Although brief, the cable laid out the specific number of agents executed by rival intelligence agencies — a closely held detail that counterintelligence officials typically do not share in such cables.

The cable highlighted the struggle the spy agency is having as it works to recruit spies around the world in difficult operating environments. In recent years, adversarial intelligence services in countries such as Russia, China, Iran and Pakistan have been hunting down the C.I.A.’s sources and in some cases turning them into double agents.

Acknowledging that recruiting spies is a high-risk business, the cable raised issues that have plagued the agency in recent years, including poor tradecraft; being too trusting of sources; underestimating foreign intelligence agencies, and moving too quickly to recruit informants while not paying enough attention to potential counterintelligence risks — a problem the cable called placing “mission over security.”
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:27 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:11 am
JFC these are the most basic things and he ties them up in knots for years. Literally. Infuriating.
It's his Dharma Way
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA11n5jD
Donald Trump said on Thursday he would pardon and apologize to those who participated in the deadly attack on the US Capitol on January 6 if he were elected to the White House again.

“I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told Wendy Bell, a conservative radio host on Thursday. “I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons, full pardons.

Five people died in connection with the attack and more than 140 law enforcement officers were injured. More than 875 people have been charged with crimes related to January 6, according to an NPR tracker. 370 people have pleaded guilty to crimes so far.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

The members of Congress that had to evacuate their disrupted session fully approve :clap:

:twisted:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I said he'd pardon or offer to pardon them, and I'd guess any nominee like De Santis would as well. That may appeal to the base; not so sure about independents and any non-fascists left in the former "GOP."
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Don’t know where to put this.

And:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

1 hour 30.

When reading the first tweet I was wondering how that worked with the appearently new right swing of CNN.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:53 pm 1 hour 30.

When reading the first tweet I was wondering how that worked with the appearently new right swing of CNN.
It's being positioned as a move from "opinion" (less) to "hard news" (more).
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I do not believe for one moment that CNN will focus on 'hard news' and less on opinion. Sure, they'll have more news, but the opinion segments will be right wing. Perhaps not Cucker Tarlson and Han Shannity right wing, but right wing nonetheless. I think the new boss wants a gentler conservative platform to lure viewers who are Republican but not crazy.

I forget who the majority shareholder is with AT&T, but he is a very conservative, right-wing guy. You know he has the ear of the new CEO.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't they know that that Repubs hate CNN? I don't think they'll come over even if the anchors licks trump's shoes on air.

I used to watch CNN because I figured, if both sides are mad at you, you're doing something right. But no more.

I like Anderson Cooper. I wonder how he'll do in this.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:47 pm Don’t know where to put this.

And:

The Twitterverse suggested the Harwood should be snapped up by NBC for Meet the Press. :oldlady:
raison de arizona

:roll:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”