Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving well.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Breaking with other Southern GOP governors, Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey extended her state’s mask order for another month Thursday but said the requirement will end for good in April.

The move came a day after President Joe Biden slammed the governors of Texas and Mississippi for deciding to lift their mask mandates, saying their actions reflect “Neanderthal thinking.”

Ivey has faced political pressure to lift the mask order like her Republican counterparts but said she will follow the recommendations of medical officials and keep the mandate that was set to expire Friday in place until April 9.

“We need to get past Easter and hopefully allow more Alabamians to get their first shot before we take a step some other states have taken to remove the mask order altogether and lift other restrictions. Folks, we are not there yet, but goodness knows we’re getting closer,” Ivey said at a news conference.

The governor called masks “one of our greatest tools” in preventing the virus’ spread but emphasized that she will not extend the mask order further, saying it will become a matter of personal responsibility when the mandate ends.
https://www.snopes.com/ap/2021/03/04/ka ... ama-masks/

Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Republicans behaving well.

Post by AndyinPA »

Thumbs up.

She was slow to put a mask provision in place originally, IIRC.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

You're missing part of the story, the fact she extended it is good, but she also said it wouldn't be extended past April 9th regardless of infection rates because "I also respect those who object and believe this was a step too far in government overreach."

I give her four stars out of ten. Maybe five. If she were truly behaving well, she would respect the science in addition to those who object.

She's definitely better than a lot of them, but that's a low bar.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I missed that part. Four out of ten for me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:47 pm I missed that part. Four out of ten for me.
-2 out of 10. After all she refused to treat this seriously when it started last year, just like all the other governor in the Neo-Confederacy. She's got a lot of work to do to dig out of the negative hole.

[For reference Kemp is at negative infinity]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fair points. I hereby revise my opinion to;

Better than Texas.

Well done, Alabama.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:32 pm Fair points. I hereby revise my opinion to;

Better than Texas.

Well done, Alabama.
I’ll drink to that!
Mr. Thumb
Mr. Thumb
1FE31F40-0D07-4542-B31B-E6D5F655C5CA.jpeg (49.11 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 6736124928
Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
West Virginia Republican Gov. Jim Justice on CNN: "I don't know really what the big rush to get rid of the mask is, because these masks have saved a lot, a lot of lives."
6:40 PM · Mar 4, 2021·TweetDeck
A fine member of the Justice family.

Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/status ... 7243749377
Joe Walsh@WalshFreedom
I helped to radicalize the Republican Party base. And for that, I am profoundly sorry. And I am dedicating the rest of my active life to do what I can to deradicalize them.

3:18 AM · Aug 31, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

FUCK YOU JOE WALSH
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:38 am FUCK YOU JOE WALSH
:yeahthat:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... er-sports/

Opinion Piece by Paul Waldman
Witness Texas targeting the parents of trans kids for investigation as potential perpetrators of “child abuse," or Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) demanding that Supreme Court nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson define the word "woman,” and segueing into a rant about a transgender swimmer.

Which is why it was so extraordinary when Utah Gov. Spencer Cox, a mainstream conservative Republican, on Tuesday vetoed a bill meant to stop transgender kids from participating in school sports.

What truly distinguished Cox’s actions wasn’t the veto itself, which came after the Republican governor of Indiana vetoed a similar bill. It was the letter Cox released explaining his veto, which did something I don’t believe I’ve seen any Republican do since the party launched its moral panic over transgenderism a few years ago.

What did Cox do? He showed consideration for transgender kids themselves.

:snippity:

"Four kids [in Utah] and only one of them playing girls sports. That’s what all of this is about. Four kids who aren’t dominating or winning trophies or taking scholarships. Four kids who are just trying to find some friends and feel like they are a part of something. Four kids trying to get through each day. Rarely has so much fear and anger been directed at so few. I don’t understand what they are going through or why they feel the way they do. But I want them to live."
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:38 am FUCK YOU JOE WALSH
:yeahthat:
DAMNIT, joe walsh….

Don’t make me start to like you…..

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... np2sv1plus
On Wednesday, local news outlet WGRZ reported that former Republican Erie County Executive Joel Giambra has suspended his campaign for New York state Senate — and left the Republican Party altogether.

"In an email sent to friends and supporters, Giambra said he, 'can no longer remain a Republican or continue with my campaign to seek the Republican nomination for Senator in the 61st District,'" said the report.

Giambra first began his campaign in February, with an endorsement from the Erie County Republican Party.

"I cannot stand with party leaders who double down in their support of the NRA after yet another mass shooting; who applaud the decision to take away a woman's right to choose and who encourage the elimination of LGBQ rights; and who still believe that Donald Trump is their president," wrote Giambra in his explanation for why he is changing his party affiliation.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:clap:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/08/22/c ... -democrat/
Colorado Sen. Kevin Priola of Henderson announced Monday morning that he has changed his party affiliation from Republican to Democrat.

Considered a more moderate Republican in the statehouse, Priola said he believed the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol would make the GOP distance itself from Donald Trump and “the political environment he created.” But it did not, and he wrote that he watched “brave and honorable Republicans” who did get threatened and ridiculed.

He wrote in a letter that he could no longer support a party that accepted “a violent attempt to overturn a free and fair election and continues to peddle claims that the 2020 election was stolen” and one where his GOP colleagues “would rather deny the existence of human-caused climate change than take action.”

Priola’s decision makes a difference for state Republicans who needed three additional seats to win the majority in the Colorado Senate — now they need four, making it a much heavier lift in the November election.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bravo. Let's keep and increase the blue majority in the house.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Iowa Mayor Didn’t Want to Sign Pride Month Proclamation. Residents Changed His Mind.

File this one under “yes, it is actually worth speaking up.”

Cedar Falls Mayor Rob Green finally agreed on Monday to sign a Pride Month proclamation after dozens of residents spoke out against his initial refusal to do so because of his religious views.
He sent a memo to the seven city council members April 21 saying he did “not support or recommend the issuance of this proclamation,” citing “my Christian beliefs” found in the Bible’s New Testament as the reason he would not be signing the proclamation.
Mayor changes mind
After more than an hour of public comment, Green, in a surprise turnaround, announced he had decided to sign the proclamation, despite his reservations.

“I’m not comfortable signing the proclamation because of my beliefs, which are not gonna change here tonight,” Green said in his closing comments.

“But, looking at some of the comments that were said tonight, I appreciate what’s being said,” he added. “It’s not (that) you’re looking for me to agree—it’s to support the community. … And I think that’s something I really didn’t appreciate before, that I really didn’t take to heart.”

He added his memo wasn’t a result of any outside pressure, just that his own values were in conflict.

“I certainly want people to feel safe in the community,” he said. “I hope that you take my genuineness. I’m not a hateful person.”
https://iowastartingline.com/2023/05/02 ... clamation/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Where in the NEW testament does it say homosexuality is a no-no?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:44 pm Where in the NEW testament does it say homosexuality is a no-no?
No where.

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Romans 1:26-27
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:15 pm Romans 1:26-27
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
I stand corrected....however I note it's not Jesus saying any of these...

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Frater I*I wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:21 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:15 pm Romans 1:26-27

I stand corrected....however I note it's not Jesus saying any of these...
Mark 10:6-9
6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:4-6
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

It's all rather weak sauce if you ask me.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:28 pm :snippity:
Mark 10:6-9
6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matthew 19:4-6
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

It's all rather weak sauce if you ask me.
If I recall, those passages are in context of speaking about adultery and/or divorce, but I'll admit that I haven't read the bible since I was in the jailhouse in 2005...

Trent Reznor

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”