Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Manafort

These people suck. They are bad people.
Suranis

Re: Manafort

Post by Suranis »

Dubai hasn't joined the worldwide sanctions on Russia, so a lot of Russians are trying to cash in their bitcoins and buy land there these days.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Folks on the bird site have been speculating as to why Manafort was flying out of FL to a country not observing Russian sanctions. FL is not near where he lives, but does just happen to be where tfg does. :think:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:57 pm Folks on the bird site have been speculating as to why Manafort was flying out of FL to a country not observing Russian sanctions. FL is not near where he lives, but does just happen to be where tfg does. :think:
Oh, interesting point.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Huh. It’s really cheap to fly to Dubai. You can take one flight from NYC that takes 25 hours, or another that takes around 17 hours, for under $700. From Miami, it’s under $800. Kayak is advertising $300 flights.

It’s not to save money. :P
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I am sure he can sell the real Hunter Biden laptop for a hansome price and recoup that loss :twisted:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... bfd2ed08e3
Ex-Trump adviser Paul Manafort says seeing prisoners being transferred reminded him of 'movies about the Holocaust': book
:snippity:
Manafort, according to the Guardian, recounted his experience in the federal prison system in the book, writing that at an airfield "somewhere in Ohio" seeing "prisoners...being herded in long lines and then separated into other buses and on to...transport planes…reminded me of movies about the Holocaust."

Manafort's memoir, "Political Prisoner: Persecuted, Prosecuted, but Not Silenced," is due for release on August 16. In the book, he painted himself as a victim of the Mueller probe and the justice system.

Manafort also revealed in the book that he informally advised people close to the Trump campaign after he was released from prison to serve the rest of his sentence in home confinement amid the COVID-19 pandemic in May 2020. But Manafort kept this advising under wraps because he didn't want to be scapegoated for Trump losing and thus jeopardize his chances of receiving a presidential pardon, per the excerpt.

"I didn't want anything to get in the way of the president's re-election or, importantly, a potential pardon," Manafort wrote, according to the Guardian.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Now, there’s a book full of Lies. I wonder if a single sentence in it is true? I will never know I guess because I’ll never read it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Can't wait for the Amazon reviews, they should be brutal. :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker ... 8f5iwAqMgQ
Former 2016 Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort arranged for transcripts of his plea hearings to be sent to federal prison to prove to inmates that he wasn’t a “rat,” he wrote in a forthcoming book.

Manafort wrote that he needed to prove himself after conflict erupted between him and “Billie J” — a prisoner incarcerated with him at FCI Loretto who Manafort dubbed a “hypocrite” and a bully. Billie J, in Manafort’s telling, abused his power over the jailhouse commissary, using “his role there to get people hard to find commissary goods — for a price, of course.”
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Sounds like he's doing some ratting on the prison store system in his book. This might be a problem if he ever gets locked up again.
raison de arizona

Quick clip, two-tiered justice system.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

"author, political prisoner"

They left a few resume bullets off that list.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 am "author, political prisoner"

I mean, in fairness, I think everything after 'Author, ' was the title of his book. But yeah.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:56 pm
tek wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 am "author, political prisoner"

I mean, in fairness, I think everything after 'Author, ' was the title of his book. But yeah.
Yeah, there was a two minute or so clip of him talking about his book, but it was boring shilling so I didn't bother posting it. But that is why they had him on the air, I suppose.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump-pardoned felon Paul Manafort: “Yes, they’re targeting me and they’re targeting the president, but really they’re coming for the American people. The American people’s power to vote is a threat to their attempt to seize power and take control of all levers of govt.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.theatlantic.com/books/archi ... mp/671160/
The title of Paul Manafort’s memoir, Political Prisoner, is ridiculous, but at least he’s writing what he knows. For much of his professional life, Manafort served as a lobbyist and an image consultant for the world’s most prolific torturers. One of his clients, the Angolan revolutionary Jonas Savimbi, led an army that incinerated its enemies alive. Another of his clients, President Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines, dumped hundreds of mutilated corpses in the streets to show the price of opposing him.

After spending 23 months in prison on charges of bank fraud, witness tampering, conspiracy, and tax evasion—the longest stretch in a low-security facility in Pennsylvania—Manafort now places himself in the same category as the victims of rape and beatings whose suffering he was once handsomely paid to minimize. This grotesque conflation feels like the fitting capstone to his career.

After decades of working to soften the reputations of dictators, corporations, and Republican senatorial candidates, he’s now applying his craft to himself. His book is an attempt at redeeming a career wrecked by Robert Mueller’s prosecutors, who portrayed him as one of the most corrupt characters to ever bestride Washington. With little prospect of ever representing fancy clients again, or perhaps even finding himself a new slate of scoundrels, he has discovered that his best hope is to rebrand himself as a right-wing martyr, a victim of the same forces that Donald Trump says conspired to end his presidency.
But his greatest enemy is Andrew Weissmann, the prosecutor that Mueller assigned to his case. He depicts Weissmann as a wicked grand inquisitor bent on pressuring Manafort into submission. (Out of either spite or sloppiness, Manafort consistently misspells his tormentor’s name.) The central thesis of the book is that Weissmann wanted to inflict so much pain on Manafort that he would turn state’s witness and feel no choice but to parrot the special prosecutor’s lies about Trump.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:violin: :crying:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wonder what the schedule for his book tour will be - all right wing media outlets that ask softball questions?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Does he have a new wig? Gads, he looks terrible! :lol: If the chyron hadn’t identified him I wouldn’t have known who he was.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

OK, just for giggles, I put in a request for the ebook at the library. 8-)
raison de arizona

Deripaska indicted for sanctions evasion and obstruction of justice.
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/ru ... ns-evasion
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
raison de arizona

One can only hope McConnell and his kickbacks get pulled into this mess.
:popcorn:
Kendra

Manafort

Post by Kendra »

Library got copies of his damn book. I have borrowed, who know how much I'll read, but not tonight. Let me know if anyone wants quotes.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”