Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Liz Cheney, WY

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Liz Cheney, WY

Post by raison de arizona »

Breitbart's take on the elder Cheney's ad in surprisingly...not surprising.
AZSuburbs 🇺🇸🌝🌵 @noprezzie2012 wrote: Mansour: Liar Dick Cheney Who Destroyed Millions of Lives Declares Donald Trump the Greatest Threat in U.S. History
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Exactly.

Am I the only one who remembers this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_f ... an_Century
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
My fambly, as I have said, was all Republicans until me. My mom's first cousin was governor of Pennsylvania and ambassador to the UN, and my grandma was a die-hard Republican. I'm glad they didn't live to see what happened to the Republican Party. Uncle Bill, I'm proud to say, was involved in the Stop Goldwater movement. I think he'd be a never-Trumper today. :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:48 am Exactly.

Am I the only one who remembers this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_f ... an_Century
Oh man... I think I'd rather be back dealing with that kind of republican craziness than what we've got now.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

So we all know what's going to happen, but here are the first out-of-the-gate results. Only 4%, we know she'll lose, but the margin is narrower than polling suggested.

931.JPG
931.JPG (76.15 KiB) Viewed 1472 times

As of 9:55pm EDT, here comes the freight train. And the original counts are absentee, not ED votes.

955 Liz.JPG
955 Liz.JPG (72.14 KiB) Viewed 1457 times

Results: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... oming.html

Liz voted with T*** over 90% of the time, was against Obamacare, for the T**** tax cuts, on and on. She's still Darth Vader's daughter on policy and that won't be missed.

Hageman, though, is an odd character. She was anti-T**** in 2016. Now she says she's an election denier. But is that just an act? Or will she be part of, as conservative commentator Scott Jennings just said on CNN, the "Dead End for the Republican Party"?
Hageman says 2020 election was 'rigged'
Victoria Eavis Aug 4, 2022 Updated Aug 12, 2022

Rep. Liz Cheney’s Donald Trump-endorsed challenger, Harriet Hageman, told a crowd of people Wednesday in Casper that the 2020 election was “rigged” in favor of President Joe Biden. This statement is Hageman’s clearest public stance on the integrity of the presidential election so far. “Absolutely the election was rigged. It was rigged to make sure that President Trump could not get reelected,” Hageman said on stage during Politics in the Park at Washington Park. “What happened in 2020 is a travesty.” Her statements were met with cheering and whistling from the crowd.

Trump and his allies insist, without evidence, that the election was stolen. An Associated Press review of “every potential case of voter fraud in the six battleground states disputed by former President Donald Trump” uncovered fewer than 475 instances (not all of which were cast in favor of Biden). That figure would have had no bearing on the outcome of the election. Hageman, a natural resources attorney who grew up outside of Fort Laramie, came just shy of saying the election was rigged at a recent congressional debate and was called out by Cheney.
“So, I’d be interested to know whether or not my opponent, Mrs. Hageman, is willing to say here tonight that the election was not stolen? She knows it wasn’t stolen,” Cheney said in late June. “I think that she can’t say that it wasn’t stolen because she’s completely beholden to Donald Trump. And if she says it wasn’t stolen, he will not support her.”
https://trib.com/news/state-and-regiona ... in-article

Regardless, Hageman is going to be a minor freshman with no national name ID. Imagine we'll never hear about her again unless she misbehaves.

And it's amazing how tiny Wyoming is, with less than 300,000 Registered Voters in the whole state. And they get two US Senators, that's really nuts. Just Broward County, FL has 1,236,317 RVs.
There were 200,579 registered Republicans as of July 1 compared to 43,285 Democrats, for a split of about 71% to 15%. Unaffiliated (34,925), Libertarian and Constitution Party (3,418) voters together make up the remaining amount.

Wyoming.JPG
Wyoming.JPG (44.71 KiB) Viewed 1459 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Cheney: I have said since January 6th that I will do whatever it takes to ensure Donald Trump is never again near the oval office, and I mean it. I am a conservative Republican… I love what our party has stood for. But I love my country more.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Excellent remarks from Liz Cheney. Look forward to sharing a transcript of her concession speech (which is fresh air, to see a candidate concede -- who would have guessed that would deserve a compliment!!).

MAGA is THRILLED about this and saying all kinds of nasty things. They seem to be ignorant that they're ridiculing REPUBLICANS. :lol: They are tearing a big part of the party into shreds. MAGA is only 30-35%. If they keep turning off the traditional Republicans by pumping outrageousness, those voters will stay home for the Midterms. Guess we should encourage that but dammit, we need two parties who both love America and want to work together. It's sad seeing President Biden's remarks today providing optimism and hope drowned out by vile MAGA social media who just HATE & have GRIEVANCES no matter what. That's not going to be sustainable.

Here's T****'s spox Taylor as an example of what a poor strategy this is for Republicans. See you in November, Tay Tay.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox carried some of Cheney’s speech but interrupted it to bash her
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: what are the chances if she rejoins the election as a (independant) write-in? Any Democrat that could win over a split Republican votership?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Not in Wyoming. I read of Democrats reregistering to vote for Cheney, the devil they know.

I never thought I’d be sad to see a Cheney lose.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm :snippity:
Regardless, Hageman is going to be a minor freshman with no national name ID. Imagine we'll never hear about her again unless she misbehaves.

:snippity:

Wyoming.JPG
So was Ms. Tinfoil-Greed out of GA-14....look how that turned out...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Biden should appoint her to something, just to piss 'em off. :boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:16 pm Biden should appoint her to something, just to piss 'em off. :boxing:
You know what, I hadn't thought about that but it's not a terrible idea. I can't stand her politics but she at least has principles. I'm sure there are places she could be useful where her politics wouldn't be a big problem.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Great! Another formerly sane person taking advantage of the Big Lie for personal gain. Ima keep an eye on this one.

She looks crazy to me.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't think she would accept anything. She doesn't want to alienate the repubs that are with her and also hate DFO's guts. And I abhor her politics. I appreciate how she has handled her hatred of DFO, but that's not really a high bar, IMO.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:24 pm
Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:16 pm Biden should appoint her to something, just to piss 'em off. :boxing:
You know what, I hadn't thought about that but it's not a terrible idea. I can't stand her politics but she at least has principles. I'm sure there are places she could be useful where her politics wouldn't be a big problem.
There is always ambassadorships available and unlike other diplomatic appointees, she actually does have experience in State. I suppose there could be other positions in state though I assume she is still a neocon which is now much closer to Biden than to the isolationist and crazy American First folks. Given her prior USAID work, foreign assistance areas might work.

Too also, while you may not want them as a cabinet secretary, some groups like having opposing opinions (not crazy) on their team as it keeps them grounded.

However, AndyinPA may be right that she cannot take the role. Opposing dumbass may be a common cause with the democrats, she still probably wants support from the remaining non-crazies in the GOP and those who have basically been booted but cannot bring themselves to join with progressives.

I do miss the days when politicians could passionately disagree but still be civil.
101010 :towel:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Sorry, but not sorry. Liz is just as vile as her daddy when she is not on the J6 committee stage. :talktothehand:

IIRC, Didn't she move to Wyoming specifically to run for office -- easy pickup?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

It comes with a small risk (but what in life doesn’t)

If the Democratic Party put it out that at present she is the only 2028 presidential contender that they are concerned about.

See how fast GQP heads explode… :)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:19 pm Sorry, but not sorry. Liz is just as vile as her daddy when she is not on the J6 committee stage. :talktothehand:

IIRC, Didn't she move to Wyoming specifically to run for office -- easy pickup?
IIRC, she lost her first shot at running because she didn't have a residence there.

And I agree about the vileness of both Cheneys.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:47 pm I don't think she would accept anything. She doesn't want to alienate the repubs that are with her and also hate DFO's guts. And I abhor her politics. I appreciate how she has handled her hatred of DFO, but that's not really a high bar, IMO.
I hear that one of these days, the Postmaster General or something is gonna come up vacant.

She could play a role in ensuring that Trump mail-in votes go missing maybe?

EDIT: I forgot to add: I know the routine... I'll see myself out.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ing-trump/
Former congresswoman Liz Cheney (Wyo.), who waged a losing battle to steer fellow Republicans away from former president Donald Trump after his supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, accepted a teaching position at the University of Virginia, the school announced Wednesday.

Cheney will serve as a professor of practice with the University of Virginia Center for Politics, in an appointment that runs through the end of the year, according to the announcement.

“Preserving our constitutional republic is the most important work of our time, and our nation’s young people will play a crucial role in this effort,” she said in the statement. She said she hopes the work will help find “lasting solutions that not only preserve, but strengthen our democracy.”
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by raison de arizona »

Liz Cheney @Liz_Cheney wrote: As a matter of fact, I do.
George Conway @gtconway3d wrote: hi @Liz_Cheney do you know anyone who might be interested in joining this group x.com/sarahlongwell2…
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Liz Cheney, WY

Post by Ben-Prime »

Well, well, well, Lex Luthor isn't too keen on The Joker. Whaddaya know?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”