Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: 2022 Pennsylvania Senate race

Post by Phoenix520 »

And who puts raw asparagus on a veggie tray?
The French! Not raw, parboiled. Or lightly steamed.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

All of Pennsylvania learned a new word today.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:39 pm All of Pennsylvania learned a new word today.
Not me! ;)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This little Pennsylvanian had it as his word of the day ;)

:lol: Meidas (wonder how they got permission to use Wizard of Oz clips but it's perfect)

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:faint:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bob

Post by bob »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 pmMeidas (wonder how they got permission to use Wizard of Oz clips but it's perfect)
I'll take the over on its lawyer saying, "Go for it; it is fair use."
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Word is Fetterman raised $500,000 off crudite. :lol: Go John and Josh (who was so impressive during the Jan 6 bogus litigation all the way up to SCOTUS).
Political Polls @Politics_Polls 6h
Pennsylvania Senate:
Fetterman (D) 52% (+16)
Oz (R) 36%
Pennsylvania Governor:
Josh Shapiro (D) 51% (+14)
Doug Mastriano (R) 37%
@POStrategies / Pittsburgh Works Together
Good account to follow for polling --

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What I'm curious about is how the voting will go in the deep red parts of PA.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

These are the kinds of numbers we should be seeing in Georgia as well. Walker is a joke.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

This account is a hoot:

Luke

Post by Luke »

2 HOURS AGO

Mehmet Oz has offered his first comments since a video of him shopping for crudité went viral. John Fetterman has raised lots of money off it.
"We'll do whatever we need to do to make sure that people of Pennsylvania respect what we're about," Oz says.

What happened: Mehmet Oz, the Republican nominee for Senate in Pennsylvania, is blaming exhaustion for his bungling of a grocery store name, days after the video of him shopping for crudité set the Internet aflame.

Here's his response to Newsmax when asked about the video, originally from April, that resurfaced and went viral this week:

"I joke about a crudité, which is a way of speaking about how ridiculous it is that you can even put vegetables on a plate in the middle of a campaign. We'll do whatever we need to do to make sure that people of Pennsylvania respect what we're about and then we're going to work as hard as we can to fix their problems." — Dr. Mehmet Oz on Newsmax [WTF does this even mean? :lol: ]

Asked about his struggles with the store name — Oz appears to say "Wegners" instead of Pennsylvania mainstays Wegmans and Redner's — the Republican blamed exhaustion from the campaign trail. "I was exhausted. ... I don't think that's a measure of someone's ability to lead the Commonwealth," he said. :(

The campaign of Oz's opponent, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D), said it had raised more than $500,000 from the crudité video alone — including a sticker of the non-existent "Wegners." "Oz clearly has never been in a grocery store before. That’s why this is resonating with supporters across Pennsylvania,” said Brendan McPhillips, Fetterman's campaign manager.
https://www.politico.com/minutes/congre ... clap-back/

Starts at 4:20 :lol:

On to the next one... a Family Feud takeoff on how many houses Oz owns. This is gonna be a fun race to watch, Oz is being destroyed.

bob

Post by bob »

On to the next one... a Family Feud takeoff on how many houses Oz owns. This is gonna be a fun race to watch, Oz is being destroyed.

"I legitimately own two houses," Oz said.

The other eight properties are just laundering foreign money? :think:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

"I was exhausted. ... I don't think that's a measure of someone's ability to lead the Commonwealth," he said.
Umm ... Mehmet? You're not running for a position where you can 'lead the commonwealth'. You're running for a position that allows you to represent the commonwealth in the United States Congress.

Glad I could clear that up for you.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Too also, if Biden said he was exhausted, there'd be (even more) calls for him to step down cuz...unable to lead.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

What was with the qualifier on that answer? "legitimately" own :?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

bob

Post by bob »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:30 pm What was with the qualifier on that answer? "legitimately" own :?
Per the Daily Beast, Oz's full(er) answer:
“Legitimately, I own two houses,” he said, according to footage filmed by the operative and obtained by The Daily Beast.

“But one of them we're building on, the other ones I rent,” Oz added.
The "legitimately" still doesn't make sense. And, of course, he owns more than two; owns, not rents.

But perhaps he meant to say, "I rent out," as in, he doesn't have a present possessory interest in them. And we already know he does rent at least one out.

"For completeness":
In fact, according to public records, Dr. Oz owns 10 properties:

• a 9,000-square-foot mansion in New Jersey

• a 7,000-square-foot country house in Pennsylvania

• a condo in New Jersey

• a piece of residential real estate in Sariyer, Turkey

• another piece of residential real estate in Sariyer, Turkey

• a Manhattan condo

• another Manhattan condo

• an oceanside mansion in Palm Beach, Florida

• a cattle farm in Okeechobee, Florida

• and a piece of residential property in Konya, Turkey, which appears to be used as a student dormitory

Oz’s wife, Lisa, also owns a mansion in Maine with her family and a pool house next to Oz’s New Jersey mansion.
So they're not all "houses."
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I miss a line like "... and in Pensylvania I own a letterbox! ..."
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I understand he bought a 7,000-square-foot mansion in Eastern PA in the spring. Any bets on how long after he loses the election before it's back on the market again?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Wow, he has a mansion attached to the letterbox :?:

:twisted:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Those apples will go perfect with foie gras as a canapés for the next reception at his Jersey mansion. The two dudes? Not so much.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oz is really, really bad at this. He's got nothing. Oz says he is "an immigrant that worked up through the ranks." I'm not sure how poor Oz was, but I do know that he went to Harvard as an undergrad then Wharton. :shrug: Scholarship? Dunno. I suspect hooey.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Oz was born in 1960 in Cleveland, Ohio, to Suna and Mustafa Öz, who had emigrated from Konya Province, Turkey. Mustafa was born in Bozkır, a small town in southern Turkey, and graduated at the top of his class at Cerrahpaşa Medical School in 1950 and moved to the United States to join the general residency program at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, where Mehmet was born.”

“Suna (née Atabay), who comes from a wealthy Istanbul family, is the daughter of a pharmacist with Circassian (Shapsug) descent on her mother's side.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Oz
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “U.S. Senate”