Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Chilidog

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:13 pm Normally I confine Bongino spew to the Bongino thread, but I’m going to put this here and I’ll tell you why. Bongino had a private dinner with tfg and one other person the other night. He’s been pretty tight lipped about it other than to say that it was 2+ hours and if anyone thinks this raid will deter tfg from running, it is having the opposite effect. Anyway. I bring that up to preface that on his show today Bongino rolled out that the SC info tfg had was old limo routes that had already been driven. Namely, his point being that routes driven by presidential vehicles are kept under extreme wraps - SCI wraps, but once they are driven it doesn’t matter anymore and it can be declassified. I’d completely blow it off except for Bongino’s intimate dinner with tfg, and the fact that Bongino was a Secret Service agent for many years including being assigned to presidential details.

Take for that what you will, I found it vaguely interesting. Most likely BS, but quite possibly BS they are testing for rollout.
I’m willing to be that even if they are old routes, there are only so many routes and that asides from minor variations, there are going to be repeating patterns.

Bongino is an idiot
Chilidog

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Chilidog »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm Maybe. I want to know what's up with the folded triangle flag. When did someone in his family serve?
Fred Trump Jr.

he was a pilot in the Air National Guard
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

TY.

But that brings up another question. If it's his, why would jr have it and not, say, Mary?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 pm TY.

But that brings up another question. If it's his, why would jr have it and not, say, Mary?
Jr, like his dad, has sticky fingers..
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:58 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 pm Maybe. I want to know what's up with the folded triangle flag. When did someone in his family serve?
Fred Trump Jr.

My take is anyone can buy a flag and fold it up like that. And Jr. would.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:45 pm
Fred Trump Jr.

I'm confused about the size of the stars. They are really small. Even if you could get a flag that folds to those dimensions and actually manage to have four stars showing, they would be larger. Does he have a crappy insert in there?

If the flag was from an American Legion post and they folded a flag like they did my grandfather's*, I would admit an insert would be a better choice, but at least get stars that fit the dimensions of the flag.

► Show Spoiler
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:26 pm

Fred Trump Jr.

I'm confused about the size of the stars. They are really small. Even if you could get a flag that folds to those dimensions and actually manage to have four stars showing, they would be larger. Does he have a crappy insert in there?

If the flag was from an American Legion post and they folded a flag like they did my grandfather's*, I would admit an insert would be a better choice, but at least get stars that fit the dimensions of the flag.
The more I look at it, the more it looks like a plaque, not a flag.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Totally agree there is something 'off' about that flag. As you point out could be some sort of insert.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

maybe its a folded Australian flag?
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lock him up!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:35 pm

It is a real flag case. Probably this one from these folks.
https://www.flagsconnections.com/Americ ... 236-AA.htm
qbawl wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:38 pm Totally agree there is something 'off' about that flag. As you point out could be some sort of insert.
I am wondering if it might be, besides an insert, a 15-star or 20-star flag. There are probably some cheap flags with tiny stars.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:03 pm

It is a real flag case. Probably this one from these folks.
https://www.flagsconnections.com/Americ ... 236-AA.htm
qbawl wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:38 pm Totally agree there is something 'off' about that flag. As you point out could be some sort of insert.
I am wondering if it might be, besides an insert, a 15-star or 20-star flag. There are probably some cheap flags with tiny stars.
Maybe it’s just the case on the left, no flag,
5C15D4BC-46BF-41FE-B5AB-9BDF84350530.jpeg
5C15D4BC-46BF-41FE-B5AB-9BDF84350530.jpeg (60.24 KiB) Viewed 707 times
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Suranis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:44 pm maybe its a folded Australian flag?
Our stars are not arranged that way - unless you use scissors - which I wouldn’t put past jr

Only one of our stars is 5 pointed, the others are 7 pointed
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia
northland10

Post by northland10 »

The pattern on the stars, which don't seem to line up quite right either, would only work on the 1795 flag (i.e. the same one from the Star Spangled banner fame) or the current flag. I tried printing and folding 1795 one, and while the spacing was closer, I could not make it work in the result he has. In either case, you have to really cheat the margins to get the layout he has.

I suppose I should end the thread hijack I started.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

It's been a long time since Boy Scouts, but are the stars oriented right? They look like they point straight up and I would have thought they'd be rotated a bit.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just for reference purposes, I did a screen capture on Junior's flag -
Junior's Flag.jpg
Junior's Flag.jpg (8.45 KiB) Viewed 651 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I have my father's and my father-in-law's flag in the standard triangular holder. Neither of those boxes look like either of them. They were folded by honor guards.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I rotated and deskewed the image to show the stars in their traditional orientation :flag:
Fake flag.png
Fake flag.png (85.81 KiB) Viewed 590 times
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:38 pm
Suranis wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:35 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:30 pm I don't think anyone has. I know Fred bailed out of Germany when his mandatory service came up, then he returned years later and Germany revoked his citizenship for not serving. I remember reading something about one of tfg's children wanting to serve (Jr?) and tfg telling them in no uncertain terms that military service was only for losers.
That wasn't Fred. That was Fred's father Fredrich Drumpf, exiled from Bavaria.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... ia-deport/
Ah, thank you! :thumbsup:
Not only but also, according to Dr. Wikipedia.
Frederick Trump (born Friedrich Trump German pronunciation: [fʁi:dʁɪç tʁʊmp]; 14 March 1869 – 30 May 1918) was a German–American barber, businessman, and patriarch of the Trump family.

Born in the village of Kallstadt, in the Kingdom of Bavaria (now in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany), Trump trained as a barber and then immigrated to the United States at the age of 16 and continued his former trade. Several years later, in 1891, he moved to Seattle and began speculating in real estate. Trump then returned to Bavaria and married Elisabeth Christ, the daughter of a former neighbor. As he had purportedly migrated to America in order to evade conscription, the Bavarian Government stripped Trump of his citizenship and permanently banished him following an investigation. As a result, Trump and his family returned to the United States. He became a U.S. citizen in 1892.[citation needed] During the Klondike Gold Rush, Trump travelled to the Yukon Territory and made his fortune by operating a restaurant and a brothel for miners in the boomtown of Whitehorse.
(Apparantly the Drumpf family name had been changed to Trump well before Friedrich was born.)

I saw in a documentary about the Alaska/Yukon Gold Rush (not specifically about Trump) that Trumps brothel/hotel/etc was originally a float on the river, but the business outgrew the float so they established the permanent base in Whitehorse.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

THINGS I'M WATCHING FOR:

-Literally anything Magistrate Judge Reinhart says. He may broadly characterize the contents of the affidavit. He may address threats against him and the (groundless, it seems) claims of bias.

-Which Trump lawyers show up, and do they address the court?

-Does Reinhart lean toward releasing a heavily redacted version of the affidavit rather than simply keeping the entire document under seal?

-Does Reinhart reveal more about the initial search warrant process to underscore his decision to grant/sign it?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:48 am https:// twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1560276769806041089
THINGS I'M WATCHING FOR:

-Literally anything Magistrate Judge Reinhart says. He may broadly characterize the contents of the affidavit. He may address threats against him and the (groundless, it seems) claims of bias.

-Which Trump lawyers show up, and do they address the court?

-Does Reinhart lean toward releasing a heavily redacted version of the affidavit rather than simply keeping the entire document under seal?

-Does Reinhart reveal more about the initial search warrant process to underscore his decision to grant/sign it?
Imho will not happen, a judge does not have to justify his actions. Justification is in the reasons given for the warrant.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

We’re here in West Palm Beach ahead of the hearing - follow along for updates. Hearing starts at 1pm
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:10 amImho will not happen, a judge does not have to justify his actions. Justification is in the reasons given for the warrant.
The magistrate judge's ruling is reviewable. Judges don't like to be reversed, so they give reasons ("justifications") for their rulings, to explain to the higher courts (and the parties, and the public) how and why the rulings were made.

The judge's ruling, however, likely will be terse and ultimately unilluminating, e.g., "The government opposes unsealing the application to prevent revealing the details of an ongoing investigation; this is a sound reason, and my independent review of the application and its supporting evidence concludes the government's concerns are valid. Denied."
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Is there a call-in number for this hearing? Or will it be televised?

ETA: Won't be televised as per Nicholas.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”