Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 US Senate races we haven't followed (yet)

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

2022 US Senate races we haven't followed (yet)

Post by Foggy »

So there are 35 races this year:

Seats held by Democrats: 14
Seats held by Republicans: 21

We're talking about 9 of them, so I thought maybe a catch-all thread for the other 26.

We're talking about Alaska, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.

If any of the others are interesting, please tell us why.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: 2022 US Senate races we haven't followed (yet)

Post by Foggy »

The Map.

the_map.jpg
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Mike Lee and Evan McMullin in Utah are polling a lot closer than anyone expected. Fwiw.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The only thing interesting in Illinois is that the GOP appears to have elected a RINO (I mean, not a loon and very possibly, a moderate). The biggest potential issue for Tammy Duckworth is that Salvi's strength is in the northeast, especially in my area, which is purple though has been moving slowly from a red shade of purple to a bluer one.

If you look at the primary, Tammy running unopposed, had more votes than all of the GOP candidates combined. She's probably safe.
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

This 538 article notes, for this season's competitive senate (and gubernatorial) races, Democrats are fielding more experienced candidates. That is, candidates with prior experience in winning elections.

Which may partially explain why the Democratic candidates are currently doing better in the polls.

But left unsaid is the pretty obvious implication that Republicans don't intend to govern; they're not there to fix problems. So no need to nominate and back candidates with proven but unglorious records in the sausagemaking that is politics.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:47 pm This 538 article notes, for this season's competitive senate (and gubernatorial) races, Democrats are fielding more experienced candidates. That is, candidates with prior experience in winning elections.

Which may partially explain why the Democratic candidates are currently doing better in the polls.

But left unsaid is the pretty obvious implication that Republicans don't intend to govern; they're not there to fix problems. So no need to nominate and back candidates with proven but unglorious records in the sausagemaking that is politics.
[Herschel Walker]

Return to “U.S. Senate”