Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

from link in tweet
Inside one far-right sheriff’s crusade to prove Trump’s bogus voter-fraud claims
In rural Michigan, county Sheriff Dar Leaf has teamed with a Trump-camp lawyer to chase the former president’s outlandish rigged-election theories. A member of a radical group of “constitutional sheriffs,” he’s now under investigation himself.

By PETER EISLER and NATHAN LAYNE
July 29, 2022, 10 a.m. GMT

Donald Trump’s claim that the 2020 election was rigged has been decisively debunked by local election officials, state and federal courts, and the former president’s own attorney general. All deemed his case bogus.

Here in Michigan’s rural Barry County, Sheriff Dar Leaf rejects all that.

Since late 2020, Leaf has been investigating one of Trump’s most fantastical false assertions – that vote-counting machines somehow flipped votes from Trump to Democrat Joe Biden. Working with key figures in the former president’s failed effort to overturn the election, the Republican sheriff has petitioned courts seeking to seize election equipment, assigned investigators to grill local clerks about balloting processes and made sweeping requests for their records. The sheriff is barreling ahead despite the conclusions of judges and the county’s Republican prosecutor that he lacked probable cause.

In the process, Leaf is roiling conservative Barry County, where Trump won decisively, and testing a legal theory with revolutionary implications for American democracy.

Leaf is in the vanguard of the so-called “constitutional sheriffs” movement, which asserts that sheriffs, typically elected in counties, possess supreme law-enforcement power in their jurisdictions – exceeding that of state police, federal agencies and any other official, including the U.S. president. The movement’s most prominent group, the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, takes the extreme position that sheriffs can and should ignore any law they deem unconstitutional.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... stigation/
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Fascists must fascist..
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Has anybody in the "constitutional sheriffs" movement found the word 'sheriff' in the Constitution yet? :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

I don't want to spoil the suspense, but if you want to know how the thread ends.

Jeff City, same as it ever was. :eek: :eek: :eek:
► Show Spoiler

https://twitter.com/annieschulte/status ... 5383950338

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:15 pm I like this video from a person that was homeschooled.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ji8NuhvlTM
Great choice. Thanks.

In the dial-up 90's pre-interwebs period, I hosted several networks including K-12NET which offered support forums and materials for homeshooling. Mind you, these were the days when there were more people with pet tarantulas than home PC's. So, it was a bit of a novelty, but increasingly popular. I can personally verify there were no banjos and very few crucifixes present in the homes of my subscribers.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:40 am Has anybody in the "constitutional sheriffs" movement found the word 'sheriff' in the Constitution yet? :think:
Or tried to.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

dan1100 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:59 am I don't want to spoil the suspense, but if you want to know how the thread ends.

Jeff City, same as it ever was. :eek: :eek: :eek:
► Show Spoiler

https://twitter.com/annieschulte/status ... 5383950338

This is quite possibly the best thing I've read this Summer.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:51 am
Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:40 am Has anybody in the "constitutional sheriffs" movement found the word 'sheriff' in the Constitution yet? :think:
Or tried to.
Clearly, the common law was incorporated in, and yet supercedes, the written Constitution like some jacked up tesseract of legal philosophy.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:28 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:51 am
Or tried to.
Clearly, the common law was incorporated in, and yet supercedes, the written Constitution like some jacked up tesseract of legal philosophy.
Too also: The United States, having just won its independence, rejected all British common law. /birfer
Image ImageImage
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Washoe County Republican Party rejects results of Biden's 2020 presidential election win

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2022/08/ ... 207061002/

:snippity:
Among other statements, the resolution claims: "Washoe County election systems allegedly suffered a cyber-attack on Nov. 5, 2020 that flipped votes to Biden and altered the outcome and which has never been dispelled by county or state."

In an email response, spokesperson Bethany Drysdale said, "The Washoe County election system was not hacked."

The resolution was done in solidarity with GOP factions in Texas; Arizona’s Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix; and tiny Langland County, Wisconsin.

It is part of a debate among Republicans locally and nationally about claims of fraud.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

poplove wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:09 pm "Washoe County election systems allegedly suffered a cyber-attack on Nov. 5, 2020 that flipped votes to Biden and altered the outcome.
No shit? Well, damn. I guess someone should go back and change the totals for your county, then. Send then to...somebody....in Washington, or....somewhere. The history books will have to be corrected, too. Meanwhile, you can pass the time watching President Biden presidenting all over America.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:33 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:34 pm
wow.
Wow, yes. I got tears over this starting with Stewart's comment about standing on the shoulders of Vietnam veterans, Gulf War veterans, etc.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Any of them up for reelection, other than Lee? Maybe this will help McMullin in the primary.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.peninsuladailynews.com/news ... -concerns/
PORT ANGELES — Numerous concerns raised by a pair of election activists are the result of a large number of election observers who are new to the process and are being educated on the rules and procedures, said Clallam County Auditor Shoona Riggs.

“It’s been a great experience for the majority of them,” she said. “It’s going well for the most part.”

Riggs sent a two-page, seven-point email on Friday to Sue Forde, Keith Larkin and Donnie Hall addressing issues that had arisen during the previous two weeks.

Forde is the Clallam County Republican chair and is running for the District 24 legislative seat now held by Democrat Mike Chapman of Port Angeles. Larkin is a former Sequim City Council member. Hall is an organizer of the Sequim-based Independent Advisory Association.

Concerns addressed in Riggs’ email ranged from potential illegal activity around drop boxes or polling places, the use of binoculars or “opera glasses” by election observers, a sign next to a ballot drop box stating it was under 24-hour video surveillance and election observers not following established rules and procedures.
For the record, Port Angeles, while being on the far west side of the state, that city and the rest of the Olympic Peninsula is more right wing leaning. And don't get me started on the dumb-ass Twighlight series of geographical boners. The only fun I had in reading the first book in that series was picking apart the geographical inaccuracies (and there were many).
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:32 pm Any of them up for reelection, other than Lee? Maybe this will help McMullin in the primary.
I dunno, but I think McMullin really has a chance. Also, he is running as independent, so no primary for him. Lee already won his primary, I just hope any Dem voters will flip over to McMullin. He may not be everything they want, but a Dem is not going to win there and McMullin is SOOOO much better than Lee, they should really give him a chance. IMO.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Didn't know where to put this but omg
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Here's a followup on Joey Gilbert's failed lawsuit to overturn the results of the NV gubernatorial primary. Of course, he's going to appeal and will lose that too.

Judge shoots down Joey Gilbert election lawsuit over lack of ‘competent evidence’
https://thenevadaindependent.com/articl ... t-evidence
raison de arizona

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Rep. Mark Green, who voted against the CHIPS bill, said today on Fox Business that "we cannot allow China to take Taiwan until at least the CHIPS act is executed and we can produce our own chips."
:roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm surprised he didn't rage about Biden taking down Kitty Clover.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

the Alabama GOP released the following image:

► Show Spoiler

nothing subtle about that.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/gop ... -rcna43803
A Republican group in Alabama is apologizing after accidentally using a picture of the GOP elephant that contained Ku Klux Klan imagery.

The Lawrence County Republican Party intended to post an image of the GOP elephant on its Facebook page, but ended up using one in which the white spaces between the animal’s legs were drawn to resemble hooded Klansmen.

A party official said the image was taken from the results of a Google search and that the image was immediately replaced once the mistake was detected.

“I would like to offer a deep and sincere apology for a picture that temporarily appeared on this page last night. A google search picture of a GOP elephant was used and later found to have hidden images that do not represent the views or beliefs of the Lawrence County Republican Party,” Shannon Terry wrote in a Facebook post apologizing for the use of the image.

“As chairman I take full responsibility for the error,” Terry added.

The image had been used in a 2020 article in Mother Jones accusing the GOP of racism.

House Minority Leader Anthony Daniels, a Democratic legislator from Huntsville, blasted the use of the image. “Shame on the Lawrence County Republican Party for this disgusting image,” Daniels wrote on Twitter.
raison de arizona

Holy crap! Not only that, they ripped it off from Mother Jones. They liked it so much, they appropriated copyrighted art. Despicable.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ala ... 26824.html
Jim

Post by Jim »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:09 pm Didn't know where to put this but omg
She should have no problem attracting white, single, hateful, proud boys and other hate groups...they're mostly single.

How many women she attracts is another story.

We should advertise her site as a closeted gays site and really watch the fun! :bag: I'll see myself out.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”