Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by Slim Cognito »

That times infinity.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:16 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:27 pm Current photo. Another day, another nothing. Hiding at their camp site in Virginia for FREEDOM!!

aug9-basecamp.jpg
I really don't get these people. I spend my time in my day job providing data/reporting that helps many thousands of people around the world provide clean water, basic child and adult health, promote peace, preserve the environment, end polio, and much more. I like to think that I have had a greater impact for good in the world than these folks could possibly imagine. Sometimes creating a better world is not sitting in a DC park or slowing down traffic but sitting in an invisible backroom role that enables many others to do what is needed to bring good to our world.
You're not from the culture these people are from. I am. They're angry about "privilege" because they have never experienced it. They aren't getting the good jobs, the good pay. Okay, they never try to, but minor detail. I've known people like them all my life. Whining every day about how tough they have it (even when well housed and well fed) and how "those people" get everything (because they have no clue what affirmative action actually does).

When I saw this video, I saw someone who wants to be one of those famous and fabulously rich televangelists. Saying all the right words in the right order in the right cadence, so earnest his voice breaks on cue. With TPC/1776 and the signature dirty white beard and bald pate combined with the cute handle, he may have thought he'd found his breakthrough moment. He'd have millions of followers! Interviews! His own show! Maybe even his own station!

Instead he's got a couple dozen unwashed, smelly unemployed grifters and a loyal following via the live-streamers on YouTube who say all the things you'd expect them to: Sleepy Joe! Save America! This latest bill makes me weep! RINOs! But Santa thank you for doing so much for the cause and the movement, and dang doesn't that there Chinese food look good.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Shit, I was taught civics in Junior High/Middle School. Even offered a field trip to DC in 8th grade during summer break.

Are these alleged adults all school drop-outs?

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Nope, no action overnight... so here is some video of Steve-o 1776 Letterman from yesterday.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:47 pm Grant Santa some time to write a book, write his memoires of galant raids against the Red Coats in 1776 and more recent his skirmishes with the park police at The Mall :twisted:
Our grandchildren will hear of how Santa and George Washington, side by side, raided the airports during the Revolution.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:37 pm Um, I wonder if they (the donors) know there are legit charities you can give cars to and receive money off your taxes for an actual charitable donation?

IIRC, Dustin is leaving the 1776 soon.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Gregg wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:35 pm I am skeptical that one day people will talk in hushed tones about the dark times in the woods of West Virginia the way the Chinese do about spending years in the hills with Mao.

But they will about their time at Bunker Hill.
LM K

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:58 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:47 pm Grant Santa some time to write a book, write his memoires of galant raids against the Red Coats in 1776 and more recent his skirmishes with the park police at The Mall :twisted:
I missed part of it and my bad hearing didn't help, but at a recent "morning meeting" (where they sit around and talk, which is unlike the rest of the day), Riddell said he ordered "workbooks" that are supposed to arrive tomorrow to help them "understand the Constitution better." Anyone know where from? One of those conservative universities he's buds with? Ammon's favorite publisher?
Most likely the books written by David Barton and Rick Green.

This is a good guess. The info matches what Santa said
at a meeting.

► Show Spoiler
Attachments
Screenshot_20220810-110726_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-110726_Amazon Shopping.jpg (281.62 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Screenshot_20220810-110812_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-110812_Amazon Shopping.jpg (252.58 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
LM K

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:01 pm In other news, Wyckoff [sp?], the guy who walked hard enough into his camera tripod to bleed next to the eye while Justin of "security" had nothing to do with it, and was subsequently voted off the island, went home long enough to make a rambling, hilariously edited video, but is now live-streaming people and their ugly Trump banners and flags near Mar-a-Lago.
These folks also just left; they didn't feel that studying the US Constitution was worth their time.

Golden Chariot
Patriot Q (comes and goes)
Tom
Tony

Nebraska Patriot is leaving tomorrow.

Edit to add: JLynn left a few days ago
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Maybe Santa is waiting for Hollywood to come a-callin' and offer him a hefty seven-figure fee as executive producer to be able to write his story and turn it into the next blockbuster.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A coloring book at the Constitution with a pithy little joke about "this needs your John Hancock"?

Do they know the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are 2 different documents written more than 10 years apart?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:30 pm A coloring book at the Constitution with a pithy little joke about "this needs your John Hancock"?

Do they know the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are 2 different documents written more than 10 years apart?
Short answer, NO. But the Declaration has the word God in it so they co-join them.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Tsk tsk tsk - the Constitution is totally dedicated to some deity, remember those last words on the parchment - in the Year of our Lord !
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

LM K wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:24 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:01 pm In other news, Wyckoff [sp?], the guy who walked hard enough into his camera tripod to bleed next to the eye while Justin of "security" had nothing to do with it, and was subsequently voted off the island, went home long enough to make a rambling, hilariously edited video, but is now live-streaming people and their ugly Trump banners and flags near Mar-a-Lago.
These folks also just left; they didn't feel that studying the US Constitution was worth their time.

Golden Chariot
Tom
Tony

Sitting in lawn chairs and drinking coffee was worth their time but sitting in lawn chairs, drinking coffee, and reading about the Constitution was a waste of time. Makes sense.

They could just watch videos...

I can still sing along with a bunch of these. This tends to show when I grew up. "I'm just a bill" is still my favorite.
► Show Spoiler
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

After a month Riddell announced you can rent those scooters for $17 a day, and Steve marched near the Capitol yelling something about the U.S. being a constitutional republic, not a democracy. I'm sure everyone in DC took note they've been doing it all wrong all these years.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:44 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:30 pm A coloring book at the Constitution with a pithy little joke about "this needs your John Hancock"?

Short answer, NO. But the Declaration has the word God in it so they co-join them.
Yeah, the complete phrase is "the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them". Nature's God? Sounds pretty pagan to me.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Welp, another nothing evening for the 1776ers. There is one live screamer online now who wanted to report what it's like to be "homeless" in DC. Problem is he can't find them. Topnotch reporting from the ground there. HINT They are all sleeping.
LM K

Post by LM K »

LM K wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:24 pm :snippity:

Golden Chariot
Tom
Tony

Raptor, head of security, left.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I like how they all have call signs, like Pilots. They think they're elite Top Gun material.

Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:03 pm
Raptor, head of security, left.
I house sit for someone who owns a leopard gecko named Raptor. Raptor is extremely good at hiding in the plants of his terrarium. He'd be great at security.

:lol:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:03 pm Raptor, head of security, left.
This is that younger dude who wacked a counter-protestor in the face with his own camera -- and the police were called and they found Raptor had an outstanding warrant outside DC? That Raptor?

Well, damn. This exciting show has gone downhill quickly with so many cast members leaving. I'm very sad. :(
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:44 pm I like how they all have call signs, like Pilots. They think they're elite Top Gun material.
Which one is Shit Head?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Why don't they migrate to somewhere where they can protest the horrible 'invasion of privacy' of TFG? I'm sure they could strike a blow for We The People and the CONSTITUTION down in Florida just as easily as they could do it at a campground in Virginia.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Azastan wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:41 pm Why don't they migrate to somewhere where they can protest the horrible 'invasion of privacy' of TFG? I'm sure they could strike a blow for We The People and the CONSTITUTION down in Florida just as easily as they could do it at a campground in Virginia.
It would be a lot more expensive.

Return to “Current Politics”