Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.fodors.com/world/asia/japan ... ama-castle
This Might Look Like an Ordinary Cat. But He’s Actually a Japanese Lord

Japan's Sanjuro cat has A LOT to purr about.

It was built to repel bloodshed and chaos: a mighty hilltop fortress that for centuries was home to violent warlords. Yet somehow Japan’s only remaining mountain castle has now been conquered by a celebrity cat.

Despite its majestic appearance and extraordinary history, Bitchu Matsuyama Castle has always attracted few tourists due to its isolated location, hidden amid forested mountains in southern Japan.

Not long before the pandemic began, local tourist authorities devised an unusual strategy to attract visitors to their town of Takahashi and this castle, which looms over it. Takahashi authorities sought publicity by handing control of their castle over to an orange-and-white feline called Sanjuro.

This cat is named after Sanjuro Tani, the fearsome warrior who led the Takahashi branch of the Shinsengumi, a short-lived and mysterious Japanese police force tasked with quelling an uprising and executing dissidents in the 1860s.

As if that wasn’t a big enough honor for this cat, he’s also been named the owner of Bitchu Matsuyama Castle, which is located about 20 miles from the city of Okayama. Sanjuro is the official “Lord of the Castle.” He even has his own memorabilia. For $3, visitors to Takahashi can purchase a sheet of stamps that features both Sanjuro’s paw print and an image of him lying on his back.
Sanjuro will now answer your questions. https://www.bitchumatsuyamacastle.jp
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Some of you may remember from the old Fogbow way way back, I used to have a different profession and used to live on one of the preserves I managed. One day when I went to close the gates at one of the properties a little black kitten came out of the woods as I was backing up my truck to leave. I stopped and went over to pick him up, and all his brothers and sisters came running out. I took them all home, Poohie did NOT like that AT ALL. I got them vet care and turned them over to a foster program so they could find furrever homes. This man is having one of those experiences. :lol: Except looks like his kitty had a few more siblings and friends than mine.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

We had a mama cat that rounded up spare kittens every time she had a litter. She'd have 3 of her own and the next day there would be 5. Then 6 or 7. Some newborn, some that looked 2 months old. We have no idea where she collected them from or why she adopted them as her own, but she did it every time she had kittens.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Came home today to find all three drawers in the bathroom vanity were open, and I know they weren't opened when I left. Wonder who did that? :batting: :biggrin:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I love my little rescue kitty. But she is a real bitch. She bitches about her food bowl which is always filled with fresh food. She just wants me to fluff it up. Then she won't eat it. She's just checking. The bedroom window looking into the fir trees must be open six or so inches so she can show the birdies what a murderous cat she is. She hunts and brings bats and small marsupials inside. She purrs and rubs against me but when I go to pet her, she attacks me. I do love her and now that I know her ways, we get along just fine. Gotta go fluff her food.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

I wants the kitty for my very own!!! I will love him and hug him and name him George. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

You are evil, misnaming a perfectly innocent creature like that. George? That cat's name is obviously Satan. :thumbsup:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer

You, sir, have forgotten or NEVER PAID ATTENTION IN CLASS about the many strong Georges in
Anglo-Saxon history. Suranis, help me out here.

St. George -"an ideal of martial valour and selflessness" and patron saint of the Most Noble Order of the Garter. He slayed a DRAGON!
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Saint-George

George I - The first Hanoverian King of Britain -"Jacobites attempted, but failed, to depose George and replace him with James Francis Edward Stuart, Anne's Catholic half-brother."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_ ... at_Britain

George V - who governed during WWI.

George VI - Queen Elizabeth II's father who ruled during WWII.

George Frederic Handel who introduced the phrase "Halleluiah!" to pop music.

And, lest we not forget, the very first PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES was named George.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

George Goethals, builder of the Panama Canal.

George S Patton WW II general.

George Harrison Beatle.

George, cat character in the Tom and Jerry Cartoons.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Pffft. Those were heroic Georges. That cat is not heroic, it is evil personified.

That cat is thinking "I will kill you in your sleep." :twisted:

Satan. :banana:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I have to agree with Foggy here, that cat is one scary dude. Beautiful. But scary.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Vole Patrol!

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer

The Vole Patrol looks disciplined.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

They are also gorgeous cats. :lovestruck:
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

No vole goes unobserved! :lol:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

𝕐o̴g̴
@Yoda4ever
Kitty's favorite place in the house to sleep...🐈🐾😍🎥:tt/psykbryt_
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

We have had many, many cats - all but one were rescues. Our orange boys came along when we had kittens and raised them. We had Uncle Bengal, Uncle D'Artagnan, Uncle Harpo, and Uncle Aaron.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.fodors.com/news/photos/17-b ... ipping-for
17 Bookstore Cats Worth Road Tripping For

15 OF 17
Sinclair
WHERE: Baltimore, Maryland
Sinclair is both Official Greeter and Store Trainer at the Kelmscott Bookshop on W 25th Street. Beyond simply welcoming customers at the front door, he enjoys guiding them through the stacks, swatting them gently when he’s identified just the right book for them. He is currently training his apprentice, Pierre, who dutifully follows behind but is not yet bold enough to make his own astute recommendations. Once an abandoned boy found alone in an apartment building, Sinclair has cat-apulted to shop management in just five years.
bookstorecats-kelmscottbookstore-sinclair-975x975.jpg
bookstorecats-kelmscottbookstore-sinclair-975x975.jpg (133.95 KiB) Viewed 682 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Trudy.jpg
Trudy.jpg (62.45 KiB) Viewed 571 times
This is Trudy our senior cat of 3 who’s now 14. I personally wear Birkenstocks most of the time, especially around the house. Whenever I sit at my desk I generally kick them off and the True almost always turns up and puts them on herself and wears them as long as I sit here… LOL! She’s a very sweet old girl. :lovestruck:
Tiredretiredlawyer

She’s a beauty!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:15 pm She’s a beauty!
:lovestruck: I love how she’s got one paw in each shoe. No dummy, that one!
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “General Stuff”