Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Delarin »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:07 pm
The FBI is required to give to Trump an inventory of what was found in the search; if Trump claims he had no govt property in his home and this is a witch hunt, then he should release the search inventory. Time to put up or shut up......
If the FBI found nothing in the search, would Trump get a receipt that said nothing was found? Anyone know?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

keith wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:03 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:37 pm
keith wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:08 pm "Save America Jesus F##king Christ" is he name of his grifting contractor?
I thought the same thing, but in this case its actually Joint Fundraising Committee.
Yeah, sure it is, spoil sport
:shrug:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:53 pm You know I've been waiting for this:
:thumbsup: This should be a six-part series at Rondeau's House Of Birf!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:15 pm If they're already accusing the FBI of planting evidence, they must know trump is in trouble.
I was surprised that wasn't the first tweet out of the box.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Delarin wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:18 pm If the FBI found nothing in the search, would Trump get a receipt that said nothing was found? Anyone know?
He would get a grand prize of no indictment or arrest.

I'm hoping it's true that they wouldn't go in unless they're rock solid they were going to get something, and I don't mean a stray classified but not too important document. I would like to believe that it's true it was something they had to get right away to prevent harm vs., eh, let's get some evidence of something.
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:34 pm He would get a grand prize of no indictment or arrest.

I'm hoping it's true that they wouldn't go in unless they're rock solid they were going to get something, and I don't mean a stray classified but not too important document. I would like to believe that it's true it was something they had to get right away to prevent harm vs., eh, let's get some evidence of something.
That is my hope as well. I was thinking about the "put up or shut up" challenge in the tweet. It only works if the FBI gives him a receipt whether or not something was found. In that case, if they found nothing, then Trump would have already waved that piece of paper in front of a TV camera - and since he didn't, we could pretty confidently conclude the FBI found something bad.

On the other hand, if the FBI only provides a receipt if evidence is actually seized, then if they found nothing Trump would have no piece of paper to show, so it might be some time before we know how it went.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Delarin wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:53 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:34 pm He would get a grand prize of no indictment or arrest.

That is my hope as well. I was thinking about the "put up or shut up" challenge in the tweet. It only works if the FBI gives him a receipt whether or not something was found. In that case, if they found nothing, then Trump would have already waved that piece of paper in front of a TV camera - and since he didn't, we could pretty confidently conclude the FBI found something bad.

On the other hand, if the FBI only provides a receipt if evidence is actually seized, then if they found nothing Trump would have no piece of paper to show, so it might be some time before we know how it went.
Jr.'s relieved they didn't take his stash.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Delarin wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:53 pm

The Wall Street Journal reports that a Trump lawyer was present and said the FBI seized some papers:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-search ... 1660049490
On Monday, FBI agents “seized paper,” said Ms. Bobb, the Trump lawyer who was present during the FBI search. A spokesman for the Secret Service referred questions to the FBI, where a spokeswoman declined to comment.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

To no-ones surprise, The usual suspects are hitting keyboards with much fervour

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna42148
Some users on pro-Trump internet forums told users to “lock and load,” agitated for civil war and urged protesters to head to Mar-a-Lago in the hours after news broke that the FBI searched former President Donald Trump’s Florida compound on Monday.

One user posting about the “civil war” shortly after the search was Tyler Welsh Slaeker, a Washington state man awaiting sentencing for storming the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, according to previous research and statements posted online. A report in December by Advance Democracy, a nonpartisan, nonprofit investigative group, found that Slaeker posted to the pro-Trump internet forum TheDonald under the username “bananaguard62.”

On Monday night, the username “bananaguard62” posted the top reply to the “lock and load” post.

“Are we not in a cold civil war at this point?” the account asked. Another user responded, “several points ago.” Another top reply to Slaeker quoted a notorious antisemitic Nazi rallying cry.

In the months before Jan. 6, Slaeker had posted selfies to his bananaguard62 account, and he would later appear in photos from the Capitol riot and arrest records. On Jan. 6, he uploaded a photo of himself watching Trump’s speech from a tree on the Ellipse. Metadata from that photo confirms it was taken by Slaeker, according to the Advance Democracy Report. NBC News has also seen the photo and its metadata.

In the minutes after news of the search broke, users on pro-Trump forums like TheDonald, a Reddit-like website that was used to provide logistics before the Capitol riot, urged immediate violence, asking questions like “When does the shooting start?” and calling upon Trump to summon militias.

The most popular comment responding to the news, upvoted over 1,200 times, was simply the words “lock and load.”

Later on in the night, Slaeker clarified in a reply that he could not be more specific about his civil war post.

“I am awaiting sentencing for trespassing into the Capitol,” he wrote. “I am only being careful with my words.”

Slaeker’s recent posts illustrate that some of the same people on extremist forums talking about “civil war” or angling for more violence have taken real-life action in the past.

“Prior to the attack on the Capitol on January 6th, we saw unprecedented plans online to conduct real-world violence,” Advance Democracy President Daniel J. Jones, a former Senate Intelligence Committee staff member, said in a statement. "The online outrage was based on false allegations of voter fraud and bizarre theories of coordinated government corruption. The raid by the FBI has provoked similar violent rhetoric online — including from at least one individual charged in relation to the insurrection on January 6th.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:25 pmThis should be a six-part series at Rondeau's House Of Birf!
Nah; all we got was a lame DeMaio piece. :crying:

Fractally wrong, of course, but ultimately boring.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

You're so right Bob, read DeMaio's ignorant and nasty/ridiculous-as-always bloviating and decided it wasn't worth it. For DeMaio to suggest T**** was a "retired military officer" was so (as you put it) fractally wrong (along with other errors), it wasn't worth subjecting folks here. It was a lot of this:

MAGATears Impotent Rage.JPG
MAGATears Impotent Rage.JPG (39.45 KiB) Viewed 808 times

The "impotent rage" is a nice touch, that must be a vintage bottle. :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Ummm…wasn’t former President Bill Clinton living in the same private residence with Hillary when a search warrant was executed at their place. Sorry Trump, at best you are the second former President whose residence was searched.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Delarin wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:18 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:07 pm
The FBI is required to give to Trump an inventory of what was found in the search; if Trump claims he had no govt property in his home and this is a witch hunt, then he should release the search inventory. Time to put up or shut up......
If the FBI found nothing in the search, would Trump get a receipt that said nothing was found? Anyone know?
They seized 10 boxes of documents so he has a receipt.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I was gonna say - didn't we see FBI agents carrying boxes of documents away? So why is there a question whether they took anything and whether they have to give Trump an inventory of what they took? They took boxes of documents, so they have to give Trump a list of what they took, period. This is not rocket surgery.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

NSFW - Language
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 pm
Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:40 pm I suspect that right-wing violence in this great land of ours is about to skyrocket. They are saying they won't tolerate this because they won't.
I am probably to the point of saying, well fuck em.
SuzieC wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:50 pm Arm yourselves, libs. I've been saying for some time that liberals should have guns.
I have a gun, and 500 rounds of ammunition, and my boys know how to shoot. I have been practicing disassembly and assembly, and I plan to join a local shooting range. I am liberal up to a point, and then look out.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What's to have kept tfg from hiding documents in, say, the larder, or other places unlikely to be searched?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Trump on TS already planting the seed of evidence being planted
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:11 am
northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 pm
Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:40 pm I suspect that right-wing violence in this great land of ours is about to skyrocket. They are saying they won't tolerate this because they won't.
I am probably to the point of saying, well fuck em.
SuzieC wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:50 pm Arm yourselves, libs. I've been saying for some time that liberals should have guns.
I have a gun, and 500 rounds of ammunition, and my boys know how to shoot. I have been practicing disassembly and assembly, and I plan to join a local shooting range. I am liberal up to a point, and then look out.
There's this place:
https://theliberalgunclub.com/
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:17 pm https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1557124189966016514
Trump ally Rep. Scott Perry says the FBI seized his cell phone one day after Mar-a-Lago raid
:popcorn:
A0D9CE5E-3A3F-40F0-987E-893FA603AEB7.jpeg
A0D9CE5E-3A3F-40F0-987E-893FA603AEB7.jpeg (331.19 KiB) Viewed 682 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:26 am What's to have kept tfg from hiding documents in, say, the larder, or other places unlikely to be searched?
Hopefully, hubris and over 70 years of getting away with crimes. :pray: :pray:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Did her head shrink or are the hats getting bigger?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:48 am Trump on TS already planting the seed of evidence being planted
https:// twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/status/1557345707639685121
I would not be surprised to hear that agents performing the search do wear bodycams.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:26 am What's to have kept tfg from hiding documents in, say, the larder, or other places unlikely to be searched?
Police and FBI know where criminals like to hide their stash. And then they work methologically opening door by door, each one.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”