A place for Kriselda's stuff

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Re: A place for Kriselda's stuff

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Maybe this interview with Carl Jung will help. He discusses after this life towards the last part of the interview.

https://www.openculture.com/2012/07/fac ... _life.html

"Man cannot stand a meaningless life."

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:16 pm Maybe this interview with Carl Jung will help. He discusses after this life towards the last part of the interview.

https://www.openculture.com/2012/07/fac ... _life.html

"Man cannot stand a meaningless life."
Thanks! I'll check that out!

:thor:
Слава Україні!
Героям слава!

Proud recipient of the Imperial Illuminati Air Force Order of the Golden Wiener with
Device for grammatical valor attached.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

The Universe is a good place to expound on your fears. The Fogbow is excellent too. I have always been terrified of death except when severely depressed and then I didn't care.

But chronic pain will also bring you to that even if you are terrified of it. I have often pondered what comes after death. I do know it's not pearly gates or burning hell. I think it's being every where and knowing everything. I could be wrong.

❤️

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:53 pm The Universe is a good place to expound on your fears. The Fogbow is excellent too. I have always been terrified of death except when severely depressed and then I didn't care.
I understand that Right now I actually consider it something of a good thing that I'm able to feel terrified about it because then I know my depression isn't as bad as it can get. I just wish I could do that without the actual fear and repetitive thoughts.
But chronic pain will also bring you to that even if you are terrified of it. I have often pondered what comes after death. I do know it's not pearly gates or burning hell. I think it's being every where and knowing everything. I could be wrong.

❤️
I like your view of it. It sounds beautiful and peaceful.

My fear of death being that I'm left as an awareness left alone in a void comes from my experiences when under anesthesia. During that time, I'm aware that time is passing and of my own existence, and that there is nothing and no one else around. There's complete sensory deprivation, and I have no idea how long it will last. It's the most frightening, horrific experience I've had, and I've had to undergo it a few times. (The last time I had surgery, they had to give me Valium or something similar to calm me down enough to get the anesthesia IV started.)

Thankfully, getting it out and on the page, along with the suggestions and words of encouragement I've gotten do seem to be helping get the looming feeling to back off at least some. I've quite grateful for that!

Слава Україні!
Героям слава!

Proud recipient of the Imperial Illuminati Air Force Order of the Golden Wiener with
Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I was reading Orly_licious' post about the "Super Sized Salon" show, but thought I'd respond here to keep that thread more for the fans of the show...
orlylicious wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:45 pm And -- Jamie just dropped her new merchandise:
It's been a long time since I was last able to go shopping and see how clothes sizes are running these days, but from what I recall, neither Jamie nor any of the woman working for her could wear a 3XL (22-24) - which is the largest size offered for the t-shirts. This is, I realize, more likely a function of what's available in online merch stores as opposed to a decision on Jamie's part not to carry larger sizes, but I still find is kind of sad and ironic for a show that's presented as being fat positive.

Слава Україні!
Героям слава!

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm currently on Hulu to stream live TV and my local channels. Ive been having a problem, though, with some of the streams of certain channels - MSNBC in particular - freezing fairly regularly. This forces me to go back to my home page and reload the Hulu app and then MSNBC and hope that "rebooted" it enough to have MSNBC streaming again.

I've been looking at several of the options available, but don't know how good the quality of their streams are or if I'd just run I to the same kind of problem.

Whichever service I use will need to carry MSNBC, History Channel and Bravo, as well as my local channels. So far, Sling and possibly Dish streaming (NOT their satellite service) are looking the most likely. YouTube is out becuse it doesn't have all the channels I need.

If you have any experience with either Sling or Dish streaming, I'd love to hear your impressions. Or, if you have another streaming service that you really like, let me know about that, too.

Thanks!

Слава Україні!
Героям слава!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”