Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Jokes

pipistrelle

Re: Jokes

Post by pipistrelle »

► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Suranis wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:50 pmpoint.jpg
“Nuts.”
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
raison de arizona

Kimberly 🧜🏻‍♀️ Dinaro💲 @KimberDin wrote: My first landlord was murdered and my new landlord is potentially kicking us all out by selling my building...which is all incredibly stressful because there's just no way I'm going to get away with it twice
Ryan Simmons @XBillups wrote: I read this to my daughter, who said "Not with that attitude."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

I hate it when cashiers feel like they have to examine my money to make sure it is not counterfeit.
If I could counterfeit money, I wouldn't be buying crap at the Dollar Store.

Walmart is opening dental offices in some of its stores. There will be an express lane for people with 12 teeth or less.

A woman noticed her husband standing on the bathroom scale, sucking in his gut. "That's not going to help," she said. "Sure it does," he replied. "It's the only way I can see the numbers."

This morning I accidently used the dog's shampoo. I feel like such a good boy.

10 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars. Today, everyone has a car and only the rich have horses. Oh, how the stables have turned.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Philosophy is wondering if a Bloody Mary counts as a smoothie.
So, I was at the bar last night and the waitress screamed, "Anyone know CPR?"I said, "Hell, I know the entire alphabet.”
Everyone laughed -- except this one guy.

I never called you stupid, but when I asked you to spell orange and you asked me the fruit or the colour, it kinda caught me off guard.

Young guy: Please bring me a screwdriver.
Girlfriend: Flathead, Phillips, Robertson or vodka?And, that was when he knew she was the one.

Never ask Google for medical advice.I've gone from a mild headache to clinically dead in three clicks.

Once you hit a certain age, you become permanently unimpressed by a lot of stuff.

Finally fixed that annoying sound in my car. I just opened the door and pushed him out.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

10 years ago everyone owned a horse and only the rich had cars.
I suspect that's a typo, and it should be 100 years ago. And even in 1922, cars were becoming more popular.

Don't mean to be picky (Narrator: Of course he's being picky), and the other jokes were good, too also.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If you have a bad musician in your orchestra, give him two sticks, put him in the back, and call him a percussionist. If they can't handle that, take away one of the sticks, put him in the front, and call him a conductor.

What's the difference between a bull and an orchestra. A bull has horns in front and the asshole in the back. An orchestra has the horns in the back and the asshole in the front.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:46 pm
I suspect that's a typo, and it should be 100 years ago. And even in 1922, cars were becoming more popular.

Don't mean to be picky (Narrator: Of course he's being picky), and the other jokes were good, too also.
I hadda do a research paper for High School English, as everybody does (I'm old, this was mid 60's). Mine was about the changes in society due to technology adoption. I showed how automation progressed from giant steam engines driving one tool, to driving a factory floor full of tools, to hand tools like drills. I traced the adoption of the automobile, and showed how the dependence accelerated. Finally, I used those examples to predict the steady adoption and eventual ubiquitous presence of the computer (I was also doing a programming class at the time - ah the joys of 1401 Autocoder and Fortran IV).

My most memorable 'discovery' when chasing the car, was an article in some magazine from the late-ish 20's (New Yorker maybe?) that interviewed a woman that claimed she would rather go with out clothes than give up her car.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

I don't much follow sportsball, but I do follow Stanton because he is a cool guy with important things to say. Anyway, here's the joke.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:46 pm

I thought this was a “jokes” thread.

Sorry
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

pjhimself wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:54 pm I thought this was a “jokes” thread.

Sorry
:boxing: :biggrin:

No, all threads on Fogbow are pedantry threads. Well, not exactly all threads...
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:08 pm

Sorry

No, all threads on Fogbow are pedantry threads. Well, not exactly all threads...
Only the ones people post in.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:31 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:08 pm

Sorry

Only the ones people post in.
All threads I start are safe and pedantry free!!! :thumbsup:
101010 :towel:
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

An Irish priest was transferred to Texas. Father O'Malley rose from his bed one morning. It was a fine spring day in his new west Texas mission parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside.

He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called the local police station.
The conversation went like this:"Good morning. This is Sergeant Jones. How might I help you?”

"And the best of the day te yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Ann's Catholic Church. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn and would ye be so kind as to send a couple o'yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Sergeant Jones, considering himself to be quite a wit and recognizing the foreign accent, thought he would have a little fun with the Good Father, replied, "Well now Father, it was always my impression that you people took care of the last rites!”

There was dead silence on the line for a long moment………
Father O'Malley then replied, "Aye, 'tis certainly true, but we are also obliged to notify the next of kin first, which is the reason for me call. 🍀🍀🍀
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

In ancient Babylon legend says there was once a king who was only 12 inches tall.

A terrible person.

But a great ruler.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I spilled spot remover on my dog.

Now he's gone.

- Steven Wright
raison de arizona

2D26590E-2E12-47F6-93E6-9B4F930951C2.jpeg
2D26590E-2E12-47F6-93E6-9B4F930951C2.jpeg (75.28 KiB) Viewed 944 times
A8592BEA-5A70-4984-B32E-C64755B74E92.jpeg
A8592BEA-5A70-4984-B32E-C64755B74E92.jpeg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I was curious about the orchestra question - easily found - it was from a Nottingham UK maths teacher (maths 'cos UK, not math!; they teach in plural there), Claire Longmoor, who included it on a worksheet for her class. She even wrote a warning at the top of the sheet "Beware there is one trick question!" (Actually some of the others weren't well-defined if one wished to be picky.)

So, as usual, much of the internet decided a very neat little teaching point well-executed was someone being stupid. Duh.

But the hypothetical orchestra must have omitted one of the movements or doubled the tempo to knock our Beethoven's 9th that quickly!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

If they play it like the Minute Waltz, maybe 10 minutes?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:04 pm I was curious about the orchestra question - easily found - it was from a Nottingham UK maths teacher (maths 'cos UK, not math!; they teach in plural there)

:snippity:
Their whole grammar and spelling are weird. Singular nouns take plural verbs. (A couple wait for you.) No, couple is singular; hence it takes the singular conjugation: A couple waits for you. Same with family. There are others too. Just because a singular word implies more than one does not equal a plural predicate. In addition it is not euphonious. It grates.

While I give a pass on the superfluous u in nouns that end in -or like favor or labor, and the -ise suffix (instead of -ize), I am shocked that they spell programme as such. I am shocked that artifact is spelled (or should I write spelt, like the grain?) artefact. I am really shocked that they spell skeptic with a hard c before the e: sceptic. This last one is truly bizarre.

No wonder we revolted in 1775.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Colour me shocked… :whistle:

Return to “The Funny”