Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

p0rtia

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by p0rtia »

much ado wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:26 pm Is anything definitive known about the number and date range of the Alex Jones texts?
I have heard the following:

- Three years (the original statement by the plaintiffs attorney)

- Two years (I think this was also from the plaintiffs attorney)

- A six months period, from 2019 (from the defense attorney)

- Two years, ending in 2019/starting in 2019 (from the news dudes)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Scoop: Jan. 6 committee recently interviewed fmr Trump Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, sources tell me,
@jamiegangel
&
@SaraMurray

Panel also in talks with:
Former Education Secretary Betsy DeVos
Former National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The Daily Beast has a free email newsletter called Confider, the tagline is "Everybody loves it. Until they're in it." :lol: Signup link is https://www.thedailybeast.com/newsletters

Brings up a good point -- why haven't the Murdoch's been brought in to testify? And if they have, why hasn't the Committee shown any of that footage?
Lachlan Murdoch Goes to War With Blog Blaming Him for Jan. 6

LACHLAN GOES LEGAL: Fox Corp mogul Lachlan Murdoch may be using his immense powers to threaten Crikey, a decades-old Australian political news website, but the small outlet is not backing down at all. The notoriously thin-skinned eldest Murdoch son fired off a series of legal threats to Crikey, the Sydney Morning Herald reported, over an absolutely scathing June 29 article, pointedly headlined: “Trump is a confirmed unhinged traitor. And Murdoch is his unindicted co-conspirator.” Politics editor Bernard Keane tied the Murdochs and their right-wing media empire to the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, writing, “If Trump ends up in the dock for a variety of crimes committed as president, as he should be, not all his co-conspirators will be there with him. Nixon was famously the “unindicted co-conspirator” in Watergate. The Murdochs and their slew of poisonous Fox News commentators are the unindicted co-conspirators of this continuing crisis.” While an onslaught of legal threats initially forced Crikey to remove the article, the defiant site put it online this weekend to “clarify” the Murdoch aggression. “He is using the law to silence public debate,” Crikey’s top editor Peter Fray told Confider, while hinting the outlet is preparing its next legal move to defang Murdoch. “He is seeking to intimidate us and we are sick and tired of it.” The Crikey ordeal went public just as it was reported that Lachlan is privately very critical of ex-president Donald Trump, who remains wildly popular with the Murdoch media empire’s core audience. A rep for Murdoch declined to comment.
The Crikey story:
Trump is a confirmed unhinged traitor. And Murdoch is his unindicted co-conspirator
New evidence to the January 6 committee shows just how treacherous Donald Trump was, but will it prise loose his grip on the Republicans?
BERNARD KEANE JUN 29, 2022

This article was first published on June 29 but taken down the next day after a legal threat from Lachlan Murdoch. We have decided to republish the article now, in order to clarify recent media reports about that legal threat.

The House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol has already exposed extensive evidence of a plot by Donald Trump and his co-conspirators to overturn the 2020 presidential election result. But yesterday’s evidence by Cassidy Hutchinson, the former senior aide to Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows, has confirmed his treachery and violent intent.

Hutchinson’s evidence shows that Trump was aware of how heavily armed many of the attendees of his rally and planned march on the Capitol building were on January 6 — “I don’t fucking care that they have weapons,” he said — and that he intended all along to lead them in the march until prevented by his own driver (whom, Hutchinson claimed to have heard was physically attacked by Trump). She also says her boss, Meadows, said that Trump believed protesters were right to call for the hanging of then vice-president Pence for refusing to overturn the result on January 6.

Trump’s crimes go beyond attempting to subvert the election outcome and now extend to inciting an armed mob to march on the Capitol to physically prevent the confirmation of the outcome — a mob he intended to lead himself, and whose murderous intent he thought was appropriate.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/06/29/ja ... m=Confider

Sydney Morning Herald:
Lachlan Murdoch sends legal threat to Crikey over January 6 article
By Zoe Samios August 14, 2022 — 1.48pm

Lachlan Murdoch has threatened news website Crikey with legal action over an article that suggested he and his media mogul father, Rupert Murdoch, were responsible for the riots at the US Capitol in January last year. The article, written by Bernard Keane and published in June, made comparisons between the Murdoch family and former president Richard Nixon’s role in the Watergate scandal. Titled “Trump is a confirmed unhinged traitor and Murdoch is his unindicted co-conspirator”, it alleged Lachlan and Rupert, through their control of right-wing TV network Fox News, were to blame for the January 6 attack on the Capitol, which attempted to prevent the congressional certification of President Joe Biden’s victory.

Multiple media sources, who requested anonymity to speak freely on the matter, said Lachlan Murdoch has issued a concerns notice and fired off multiple legal letters to Crikey since June. The article has already been taken down from the website and various social media platforms, but lawyers are continuing to negotiate. Murdoch is demanding an apology for the claims, which he says are defamatory. A spokesperson for Murdoch was unavailable for comment. Crikey editor-in-chief Peter Fray said: “Crikey and its publisher Private Media are sick of being intimidated by Lachlan Murdoch.”

Allegations of involvement in the January 6 riots are a sore point for the Murdoch family. While high-profile commentators on Fox News have been blamed for encouraging Trump supporters, media outlets in the US including The New York Times have published articles about Lachlan Murdoch’s snubs of former president Donald Trump and reports published in recent months say he is scathing of the January attack. Last December, the select committee investigating the riot revealed that Fox News hosts Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, and Brian Kilmeade urged a senior Trump aide to get the president to act against the riot. Meanwhile, a US Congressional hearing last month heard that Trump was watching live footage of the riot on Fox News as it happened, ignoring pleas from his family and advisors to step in.

Rupert Murdoch, who is not an Australian citizen, is widely known not to sue for defamation. However, Lachlan Murdoch is more litigious and this is not the first time he has demanded an apology from Crikey. In April last year, Crikey deleted an article by its founder, Stephen Mayne, which made claims about Murdoch’s tenure as a board member of Channel Ten. Fray said at the time that Mayne had made a series of mistakes in the article and had agreed to “keep the current apology on the homepage for 14 days”. It cost Crikey $14,000 in legal costs and was settled between the two parties. Crikey was also forced to apologise in September 2020 for likening Murdoch to an organised crime figure.

In 2012, Lachlan Murdoch settled a defamation case against Fairfax Media, the previous publisher of this masthead, over an article that ran in The Age’s CBD column about his alleged use of News Corp’s corporate jet. He donated the $50,000 settlement to charity. Murdoch, who is the CEO of Fox Corp and a non-executive chairman of News Corporation, is facing two major lawsuits in the US from voting machine companies that are seeking billions of dollars in damages over claims that Fox News’ lies about the 2020 election destroyed their businesses.
https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... m=Confider
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:24 pm https://twitter.com/ZcohenCNN/status/15 ... 1956157444
Scoop: Jan. 6 committee recently interviewed fmr Trump Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, sources tell me,
@jamiegangel
&
@SaraMurray

Panel also in talks with:
Former Education Secretary Betsy DeVos
Former National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien
In case anyone has forgotten, Elaine Chao has been wed to Mitch McConnell for nearly thirty years.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:22 pm
much ado wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:26 pm Is anything definitive known about the number and date range of the Alex Jones texts?
I have heard the following:

- Three years (the original statement by the plaintiffs attorney)

- Two years (I think this was also from the plaintiffs attorney)

- A six months period, from 2019 (from the defense attorney)

- Two years, ending in 2019/starting in 2019 (from the news dudes)
Most sources I've seen say the messages retrieved are from mid-2020 and older. I haven't seen anything talking about a number.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pence opens door to speaking with House Jan 6 Select Committee
Wonder if he's rattled over the recent events at Mar a Lago?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pompeo on January 6th Committee Interview: They were chasing witches. This was a wandering interview. I spoke the truth to them. They were looking for discussions about the 25th amendment..
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This Week @ThisWeekABC
BREAKING: Rep. Liz Cheney tells @jonkarl
the Jan. 6 Committee is in “discussions" with former Vice Pres. Mike Pence's counsel about testifying. https://abcn.ws/3PQhxYB

The Gateway House of Boys is ANGRY about it.

Liz Cheney Says January 6 Committee in “Discussions” with Mike Pence’s Lawyers About Testifying (VIDEO)
By Cristina Laila Published August 19, 2022 at 3:08pm

RINO loser Liz Cheney on Friday said the January 6 Committee is actively in “discussions” with former Vice President Mike Pence’s counsel about testifying. “We’ve been in discussions with his counsel,” Cheney said during a sit-down interview with ABC’s Jon Karl. “Look, he played a critical role on January 6. If he had succumbed to the pressure that Donald Trump was putting on him, we would have had a much worse constitutional crisis. And I think that he has clearly, as he’s expressed, concerns about executive privilege, which, you know, I have tremendous respect. I think it’s, you know, hugely important constitutional issue in terms of separation of powers,” Cheney said.

“I believe in executive privilege. I think it matters. But I also think that when the country has been through something, as grave as this was, everyone who has information has an obligation to step forward. So, I would hope that that [sic] he will do that,” Cheney said. “So, you think we’ll see him here in September in this room before the committee?” Karl asked. “I would hope that he will understand how important it is for the American people to know every aspect of the truth about what happened that day,” Cheney said.

Cheney was asked if Trump would be asked to testify to the January 6 Committee. “I don’t want to make any announcements about that this morning. So, let me just leave it there,”
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ing-video/

Boo hoo.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ron Johnson won't testify to the Jan. 6 Committee because he only plotted to overthrow the election for "a couple seconds."

"I had virtually no involvement!" he said. "Literally, my involvement lasted seconds. OK?"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

"But Your Honor, I only had my finger on the trigger for a split second!"
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"lasted only seconds" --- his sprint confirms it :twisted:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"I cant be the father. I was only in there for..."

YOU WERE ALL THINKING IT!
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:37 am "lasted only seconds" --- his sprint confirms it :twisted:
You're thinking Josh Hawley of Missouri.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The wrong guy? :bag: :crying:

Ah yes, Ron is still aspiring for that race track ;)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/22/politics ... index.html
The Justice Department has issued a new grand jury subpoena to the National Archives for more documents as part of its investigation into the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, two sources familiar with the investigation tell CNN.

This latest subpoena, issued on August 17, is in addition to a subpoena the Department of Justice sent to the Archives earlier this year, requesting the same documents and information that the Archives had previously handed over to the House select committee investigating January 6.

This new subpoena, which has not been previously reported, is understood to request additional documents and data from the Archives, pertaining to a period of time both before and after January 6.

Thomas Windom, an Assistant US Attorney, who is leading the criminal probe into the effort to impede the transfer of power after the 2020 election, including the potential role played by former President Donald Trump and allies to organize a group of fake electors who could keep Trump in power despite losing the election. The US Attorney’s Office declined to comment.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/2 ... n-00053310
Aides to the Jan. 6 select committee traveled to Copenhagen last week to review documentary footage related to Donald Trump ally and pardon recipient Roger Stone, according to two people familiar with the trip.

The select panel aides viewed portions of more than 170 hours filmed by a Danish documentary crew led by Christoffer Guldbrandsen. That team, known as The Ark, tracked Stone for long stretches of time over two years — including on Jan. 6, 2021, as a mob swarmed the Capitol in an effort to keep Trump in power.

The research trip to Denmark is the latest indication of a still ongoing and active investigation by the Jan. 6 committee, even as it nears the release of its final report and legislative recommendations this fall. The panel has signaled it intends to maintain its aggressive pace through the end of the current Congress: Jan. 3 of next year.

The substance of the footage the committee aides viewed, and whether it included any raw footage or material that isn’t expected to appear in Guldbrandsen’s forthcoming film, was not immediately clear. Guldbrandsen, a spokesman and his attorney did not respond to requests for comment. Stone and his attorney did not immediately respond.

A spokesman for the Jan. 6 select committee declined to comment on the Copenhagen visit.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Jerry Nadler blew Carolyn Maloney out in NY12. Nadler's not on the J6 Committee, but he is chair of the Judiciary Committee.

NY12.JPG
NY12.JPG (115.4 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Off Topic
:lovestruck: :faint:

bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't let the door hit ya...
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:25 pm Don't let the door hit ya...
Lordy, I hope there are tapes... :daydreaming:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Purely wishful and vindictive thinking but I wish there were enough to yank his pension and good standing.
raison de arizona

I hope this is a sign that the USSS is cleaning house and drumming out the tfg minions.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:25 pm Don't let the door hit ya...
"After 25 years..." Does that mean he is quitting before he qualifies for a pension? Andy McCabe got fired 15 minutes before he got 30 years and he lost his.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”