Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Big Lie

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: The Big Lie

Post by Kendra »

If anyone can think of a better thread, let me know and I'll post it there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... subpoenas/
The Justice Department’s investigation of the Jan. 6 attack ratcheted up Wednesday as federal agents dropped subpoenas on people in at least two states, in what appeared to be a widening probe of how political activists supporting President Donald Trump tried to use invalid electors to thwart Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

Agents conducted court authorized law enforcement activity Wednesday morning at two locations, FBI officials confirmed to The Washington Post. One was the home of Brad Carver, a Georgia lawyer who allegedly signed a document claiming to be a Trump elector. The other was the Virginia home of Thomas Lane, who worked on the Trump campaign’s efforts in Arizona and New Mexico. The FBI officials did not identify the people associated with those addresses, but public records list each of the locations as the home addresses of the men.

Separately, at least some of the would-be Trump electors in Michigan also received subpoenas on Wednesday, according to a person who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Play stupid games...
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/politics ... index.html
(CNN)Federal investigators subpoenaed the Georgia Republican Party chairman for information related to the fake elector scheme there -- as the Justice Department has issued a fresh round of subpoenas to people from several states who acted as rogue electors after the 2020 presidential election, multiple sources familiar with the situation told CNN.

The subpoena for the chairman, David Shafer, represents a significant step because he played a central role in organizing the fake slate of electors from Georgia and coordinated the effort with the Trump campaign.
The focus on Shafer also comes as sources tell CNN the Justice Department subpoenaed Trump electors this week in Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania -- all states that former President Donald Trump lost.
The Justice Department has been scrutinizing the Trump campaign's use of so-called alternate electors. The new round of subpoenas represents an escalation of a criminal probe that, before now, had approached lower-level Republicans. All along, however, federal investigators have pursued information about political figures higher up, including at the top of the Trump campaign.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:?: Is this the best thread to post the news about the fake electors and DOJ subpoenas going out yesterday? It's not quite an assault on the capitol and not part of the J6 Committee's investigation. Anyway, move these as you wish if it's not the right place :bighug:

https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-team- ... socialflow
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — FBI agents served a search warrant Wednesday on Nevada’s top GOP official, sources told the 8 News Now I-Team’s George Knapp.

Agents seized the cell phone of state Republican chairman Michael McDonald, reportedly as part of an investigation into the fake elector scheme initiated at the end of the 2020 presidential election.

A second search warrant was issued for state party secretary James DeGraffenreid, who also signed the document, but FBI agents could not locate him Wednesday, sources told Knapp.

In December 2020, the 8 News Now I-Team reported the Nevada Republican Party’s six electors signed paperwork signaling their support for former President Donald Trump in a symbolic ceremony devoid of any legal merit, which was held in Carson City and coincided with the official state-sanctioned tally on Dec. 14, 2020.

The man handing out paperwork appears to be Thomas Lane, who the Times/Post/CNN say has been subpoenaed by DOJ. If you zoom in you can see his name on his Trump jacket.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:20 am :?: Is this the best thread to post the news about the fake electors and DOJ subpoenas going out yesterday? It's not quite an assault on the capitol and not part of the J6 Committee's investigation. Anyway, move these as you wish if it's not the right place :bighug:
I would suggest the fake electors thread, but you do you!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:07 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:20 am :?: Is this the best thread to post the news about the fake electors and DOJ subpoenas going out yesterday? It's not quite an assault on the capitol and not part of the J6 Committee's investigation. Anyway, move these as you wish if it's not the right place :bighug:
I would suggest the fake electors thread, but you do you!
Thank you, I did not know it was there :bighug:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Okay that's enough twitter for me today.... Oltman's Dominion whistleblower is Rudy's drunk witness
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:popcorn:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:26 pm Okay that's enough twitter for me today.... Oltman's Dominion whistleblower is Rudy's drunk witness
The office said that Ms. Carone, along with 10 other legislative candidates, had made false statements on an affidavit that candidates were required to submit to election administrators. On one of the forms that was signed by Ms. Carone, she had attested that she did not have any unpaid fines for election law violations and that all of her public campaign filings were up-to-date. The county clerk where Ms. Carone was running for office said on Wednesday that had not been the case.

When she signed the affidavit, Ms. Carone had owed at least $125 in late fees for missing the deadline twice for quarterly campaign filings in 2021, according to a letter from the clerk that was obtained by The New York Times. She had also failed to file an annual statement for 2022 for her campaign and an amendment to a quarterly report last October, the letter said.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:26 pm Okay that's enough twitter for me today.... Oltman's Dominion whistleblower is Rudy's drunk witness
And what's wrong with her? She was so completely credible when she "testified" at that "hearing" Rudi held in MI!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This could go anywhere -- judges behaving badly, Wisconsin, etc -- but I'll put it here due to the underlying insidious underlying attempt to claim widespread election fraud.

Long article; thought; informative, well written. Nice summary of the difference between voter error and voter fraud. Best stuff is at the end.

Direct link to article: https://wisconsinwatch.org/2022/07/a-ha ... ss-snafus/

tek

Post by tek »

If I do it, it is a mistake.
If YOU do it, it is fraud.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

One more (decided not to clutter Capitol assault thread).

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:14 am This could go anywhere -- judges behaving badly, Wisconsin, etc -- but I'll put it here due to the underlying insidious underlying attempt to claim widespread election fraud.

Long article; thought; informative, well written. Nice summary of the difference between voter error and voter fraud. Best stuff is at the end.

Direct link to article: https://wisconsinwatch.org/2022/07/a-ha ... ss-snafus/

it was my understanding that a UPS store mail box IS a legal street address (unlike a USPS P.O. box)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Five whole voters!?!?!

That will certainly make a difference in any election outcome. OMG!

If you could establish a single actor, or a group acting in concert, had numerous (as in hundreds and thousands) of UPS Store mail boxes in the registered voter list, then investigating voting fraud is warranted.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Even though Trump won the county by 59 points. :smoking:

Lani

Post by Lani »

And that's how GOP takes over the elections in Ohio. Meanwhile, also, in Ohio:

Jane Mayer took a deep dive into statehouse politics to learn how a longtime swing state—Ohio voted twice for President Barack Obama—ended up legislating like a radically conservative one. Its laws, she says, are increasingly out of step with the state’s voters, and this is owing to a sweeping Republican effort at gerrymandering. While familiar, gerrymandering “has become much more of a dark art,” Mayer tells David Remnick, “thanks to computers and digital mapping. They have figured out ways now to do it that are so extreme, you can create districts [in which the incumbent] cannot be knocked out by someone from another party.” Mayer also speaks with David Pepper, an Ohio politician and the author of “Laboratories of Autocracy,” who explains how a district is firmly controlled by one party, the representative is driven by the primary process inexorably toward extremism, until you have “a complete meltdown of democracy.”
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/tn ... ohio-right
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I have advocated for a decade to triple the number of House seats.
Currently, using the Census data and the existing number of seats, each congressional seat represents 761,179 people (Montana has one that is over 1 million). In 1790, it was 33,000 people.

A representative democracy is unable to be effective at representing the needs of a district in this manner. The elected representative should serve their constituents.

This would also solve issues with the Electoral College system, which gives each state the Electoral College votes of the House seats PLUS the Senate seats (in general… small states have a minimum).

This would give large population centers better reprentation.

Comments?

And, what would it take to increase the number of Congressional seats? It isn’t a Constitutional amendment, but I don’t think it could be an Executive Order. If the Democratic Party gains control of the House and Senate, I would advocate for at least tripling the number of seats in Congress.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

We'll hafta geta bigger boat Capitol
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Danraft wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:35 pm I have advocated for a decade to triple the number of House seats.
Currently, using the Census data and the existing number of seats, each congressional seat represents 761,179 people (Montana has one that is over 1 million). In 1790, it was 33,000 people.

A representative democracy is unable to be effective at representing the needs of a district in this manner. The elected representative should serve their constituents.

This would also solve issues with the Electoral College system, which gives each state the Electoral College votes of the House seats PLUS the Senate seats (in general… small states have a minimum).

This would give large population centers better reprentation.

Comments?

And, what would it take to increase the number of Congressional seats? It isn’t a Constitutional amendment, but I don’t think it could be an Executive Order. If the Democratic Party gains control of the House and Senate, I would advocate for at least tripling the number of seats in Congress.
An Act of Congress.

It is currently set by the Reapportionment Act of 1929.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

keith wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:30 am We'll hafta geta bigger boat Capitol
Well, the Rethuglicans always say that they want a large tent for all the various factions that they think they represent.

So, just set up a large tent outside for all the Rethuglican Representatives, and let the Democrats do all the important work indoors. This might include having new conference positions like Minority Emissary, Minority Emissary Whip, and Interlocutor.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra

The Big Lie

Post by Kendra »

Might as well stick it here vs another thread.

ALERT: State of California files disciplinary actions against John Eastman, the Trump legal advisor accused of effort to block electoral certification and overturn 2020 election results
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

The Big Lie

Post by Greatgrey »

Wait what?

There ACTUALLY is a California Bar Assn?
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”