Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Alex Jones - Alexander Emerick Jones "I’m so sick of fu*king Tr*mp*"

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
pipistrelle

Re: Alex Jones - Alexander Emerick Jones "I’m so sick of fu*king Tr*mp*"

Post by pipistrelle »

humblescribe wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:20 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:59 pm Don’t know if this clip has been posted. The judge!

Edit: “Twice. TODAY.” :twisted:
I could not be a judge. I do not have this sort of calm and collected presence when I am talking to fools and assholes.

I would tell Jones, "Lissen here, Mr. Jones. You have repeatedly not answered questions that were asked of you. You have repeatedly added irrelevant and distracting information to your responses. You have lied on the stand. This is not how our system works. You answer the question asked, period. I have admonished you before. Apparently, you do not understand that I am in charge of the proceedings in this courtroom. Let me make myself clear: If you continue to be non-responsive in your answers; if you continue to augment answers with irrelevant information; if your answers suggest perjury, I will hold you in contempt of court and fine you $1,000 per occurrence, payable in cash or bond before you leave court at the end of the day. I am going to ask you a yes/no question, and I want a one word response. Do you understand what I just said?"
I like hers because it's exactly how today's mother would talk to a 12-year-old brat with limited language skills, including the part where he starts to raise his hand and she cuts him off. You can tell underneath the calm and collected demeanor she's pissed and holding back because she has to be the adult in the room.
bob

Post by bob »

Too also: the suck eggs court reporter takes down words, not gestures and tone.

Making the cold record ... even colder.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN is replaying Megaphone for Conspiracy right now for those who missed it the first time. Scary as hell.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:10 pm CNN is replaying Megaphone for Conspiracy right now for those who missed it the first time. Scary as hell.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

So how long before Jones sues his lawyers for "accidentally" releasing all his phone info?
bob

Post by bob »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:23 am So how long before Jones sues his lawyers for "accidentally" releasing all his phone info?
The chance of Jones' winning such a suit is low.

The chance Jones' grifting off filing such a suit is high.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:41 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:23 am So how long before Jones sues his lawyers for "accidentally" releasing all his phone info?
The chance of Jones' winning such a suit is low.

The chance Jones' grifting off filing such a suit is high.
But isn't that the point?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

In the wake of the toad's defamation trial, a thought rose to the surface of my murky brain.

In the past, I would happily have repeated and believed the familiar refrain: I may disagree with your words and beliefs to the core of my soul, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Welp, that is no longer true.

Not sure it ever was, but the toad lays the issue bare. I don't think he or anyone else should be allowed to lie like rugs in ways that do demonstrable damage to either individuals or the body politic.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:stamp: :like: :yeahthat: :fivestar:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

,BUT.... But.... but... we MUST hear both sides.... :twisted:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:55 am In the wake of the toad's defamation trial, a thought rose to the surface of my murky brain.

In the past, I would happily have repeated and believed the familiar refrain: I may disagree with your words and beliefs to the core of my soul, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Welp, that is no longer true.

Not sure it ever was, but the toad lays the issue bare. I don't think he or anyone else should be allowed to lie like rugs in ways that do demonstrable damage to either individuals or the body politic.
Welcome to my world. :oldman:
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The paradox of tolerance states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant. Karl Popper described it as the seemingly self-contradictory idea that in order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must retain the right to be intolerant of intolerance.
Less well known [than other paradoxes] is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.—In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

I believe this philosophy covers lying liars like AJ.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

It makes perfect sense. Assuming the goal is a tolerant society, the intolerant, when they publicly advocate intolerance, are working against that goal. I vote they be given the choice to knock it off (the public part) or leave.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
Huh. Learned sumpin’ important (to me) and new today. Whilst googling Pogo characters to see if the butterfly on Pogo’s head in Roady’s new avatar had a name, I discovered that we named our first dog after a Pogo character, Beauregard Frontenac Bugleboy III (only we used Beagleboy). Even though Pogo was available in all of the home bathroom libraries when I was growing up, I never put it together. Thanks, Roady!
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:05 pm
Off Topic
Huh. Learned sumpin’ important (to me) and new today. Whilst googling Pogo characters to see if the butterfly on Pogo’s head in Roady’s new avatar had a name, I discovered that we named our first dog after a Pogo character, Beauregard Frontenac Bugleboy III (only we used Beagleboy). Even though Pogo was available in all of the home bathroom libraries when I was growing up, I never put it together. Thanks, Roady!
One of the great comic strips of all time. Our public library has a print copy of one of the published compilations of Pogo. I checked it out a couple of years ago. Some of the political stuff is, of course, a bit dated (Spiro Agnew as a hyena, for example) but a lot of it still applies.

"We have met the enemy and he is us!"

I still use the joke that "Friday the thirteenth falls on a Wednesday this month", but no one gets it, or knows the reference.
bob

Post by bob »

Turns out that "intimate text" may actually have been ... intimate:
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

:mad: You know this is going to open up a seedy network of asswipes trading photos of their wimmins, and worse.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

OK, that's fun. :biggrin:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

@TimothyNoah1
“Jack Shafer on the Lie Economy. Lying is more lucrative than truth-telling, and outrageous lies pay better than moderate lies because advertisers of sketchy products will pay top dollar to reach pre-sorted maximally credulous audiences.”

“Jones has profited and is likely to continue to profit from his labors in the Lie Economy, the marketplace where gullible viewers are sorted from the skeptical and delivered to advertisers who make the most of their naïveté.”
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... y-00050731
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:57 am @TimothyNoah1
“Jack Shafer on the Lie Economy. Lying is more lucrative than truth-telling, and outrageous lies pay better than moderate lies because advertisers of sketchy products will pay top dollar to reach pre-sorted maximally credulous audiences.”

“Jones has profited and is likely to continue to profit from his labors in the Lie Economy, the marketplace where gullible viewers are sorted from the skeptical and delivered to advertisers who make the most of their naïveté.”
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... y-00050731
Same reason the Nigerian scammers use bad grammar and obviously fake stories.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

There's a hearing in Connecticut today. Apparently when Alex Jones' phone data was exposed, it was found to include confidential medical files of people associated with the Sandy Hook shooting.

An article about what this is about -

The trail of Alex Jones' phone records to his Texas trial started in Connecticut
In a dramatic moment during the Texas trial, the attorney for the parents, Mark Bankston, revealed that Jones’s lawyers had mistakenly sent the plaintiffs two years’ worth of Jones’s text messages. In addition, Bankston said he also received confidential psychiatric records of the families suing Jones in the Connecticut case. Bankston says Jones’s Texas attorneys must have gotten those records – which he later said he destroyed – from Jones’s lawyer in Connecticut, Norm Pattis.

“Norm Pattis up in Connecticut was passing this file along to [Jones’ defense attorney in Texas, Andino] Reynal, and I know that because the directories contain … backups of Norm Pattis’ computer,” Bankston told a Texas judge on Aug. 4.

:snippity:

Though the case is on pause, the plaintiffs are trying to get the case remanded back to Connecticut, and Waterbury Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis is trying to get to the bottom of the confidential records dump. She’s ordered both Pattis and Reynal to appear in her court for show-cause hearings set for Wednesday, Aug. 17.
Today both Liz Dye and Frankie Graziano are live tweeting the hearing -

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

He accidentally sent a link to Jones' attorney in Texas who apparently accidentally sent the link to Jones. :roll: but more importantly :mad:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump has lost Alex Jones. He announces today he is off the Trump train: “I am supporting Desantis .. I can look into his eyes on HD video, and I see the real sincerity.”

Return to “Other weirdos”