Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Steve Bannon

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Steve Bannon

Post by northland10 »

In his case, I don't think the whether he was pardoned would matter because he was never convicted in the first place. He was pardoned before the trial.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm trying to be a nicer person, but it's difficult when wonderfully bad things happen to horrible people.

:blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:27 am I'm trying to be a nicer person, but it's difficult when wonderfully bad things happen to horrible people.

:blackeye:
I am finding balance in my later years. i'm more supportive of great and good people, and I don't even pretend to be nice to or about horrible people. It's a relief.
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:06 pm Can they dangle the prospect of a lighter sentence if he relents and agrees to testify before the committee, in effect purging himself of the contempt?
The short answer is the court decides on the sentence, as guided by the bounds set by the statute (the hard limits) and the recommendations of the sentencing guidelines (the soft limits).

There probably is a way for the prosecutor to recommend the lowest required sentence, but the judge wouldn't be required to accept a such a recommendation.

It is also possible for the prosecutor to dismiss the charges before sentencing.

But I don't expect Bannon to even offer to purge.
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

bob wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:33 pm But I don't expect Bannon to even offer to purge.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
:radioactive: :radioactive: :radioactive:
much ado

Post by much ado »

If Bannon purged, there would be nothing left.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:17 am
Listen very carefully to that second clip, listen to the orders Bannon is giving:

Preserve all documents!

I am especially addressing the Secret Service :twisted:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

Tulsi, huh? I've wondered (briefly) what she's been up to.

About time!

CPAC Speech Could Lead To Gabbard’s Expulsion From Hawaii Democrats
"The party’s Oahu chapter is asked to investigate the former congresswoman, who is accused of helping to raise cash for the GOP."
https://www.civilbeat.org/2022/03/cpac- ... democrats/

Tulsi Gabbard to Speak at CPAC, Joining Its ‘Great Un-Wokening’
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... g-1310422/
Tulsi Gabbard, the former Hawaii congresswoman who sought the 2020 Democratic nomination for president, is completing her metamorphosis from iconoclast progressive to hardcore conservative by appearing as a featured guest at the Trumpy love-in known as the Conservative Political Action Conference.

CPAC 2022 begins Wednesday in Orlando, where Gabbard will join a roster of GOP loyalists — including Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, Republican senators Ted Cruz, Rick Scott and Marco Rubio, and Representatives Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Lauren Boebert, Madison Cawthorn and Marjorie Taylor Greene — in building buzz for the star of the circus, former President Donald Trump.
Apparently, she's fitting right in with MTG.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

One thing I cannot fathom is how come no one is going to prison for stealing the laptop, copying the hard drive without permission and dumping it into the public domain.

Second, has there ever been any proof that it is actually Hunter Biden's laptop?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:53 pm
Second, has there ever been any proof that it is actually Hunter Biden's laptop?
No.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Wikipedia has its own page on the issue
The Hunter Biden laptop controversy involves a laptop computer that conservative media outlets claimed without evidence had belonged to Hunter Biden. They further stated that the laptop had been dropped off but never collected by an unknown individual at the Wilmington, Delaware repair shop of a blind proprietor in April 2019. The New York Post published a story stating the allegation three weeks before the 2020 United States presidential election, and president Donald Trump seized on it in an attempt to engineer an "October surprise". The laptop was of unclear origin and contained emails obtained by Donald Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, and other digital files relating to Hunter Biden, some of which were later confirmed as authentic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Bi ... ontroversy

Looks to me like someone managed to successfully infiltrate a fake laptop and generate rightwing outrage.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

They further stated that the laptop had been dropped off but never collected by an unknown individual at the Wilmington, Delaware repair shop of a blind proprietor in April 2019.
I would like to see anybody on this forum try to drop off a laptop at a repair shop without leaving any name or phone number. Did the repair shop have his name and phone number? How was the shop going to alert him when the laptop was fixed?

This whole story is utter horseshit (but we learned this week that horseshit can be yummy).
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:03 pm
They further stated that the laptop had been dropped off but never collected by an unknown individual at the Wilmington, Delaware repair shop of a blind proprietor in April 2019.
I would like to see anybody on this forum try to drop off a laptop at a repair shop without leaving any name or phone number. Did the repair shop have his name and phone number? How was the shop going to alert him when the laptop was fixed?

This whole story is utter horseshit (but we learned this week that horseshit can be yummy).
Oh you are missing another point, oh most Feathered one. Would you get away with dropping off a laptop on a place on the other side of the Continent to where you live? And would you chose a legally blind proprietor who was a Lump supporter when your dad was in the race to run against that same Frump? H Biden lives in LA from what I heard.

The Man probably left a fake address and phone number. The Repairman couldn't see the man who dropped it off clearly as he has crappy vision outside of 8 inches from his face.

So ya H Biden flew across the country to drop off a laptop filled with incriminating crap in 2019 to a trump supporter as Biden Senior was entering the race to be President. No doubt because there are no Laptop places in California.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

JUST IN: DOJ is notifying the Judge Nichols of Bannon's daily courthouse press conferences trashing the Jan. 6 committee. They say Bannon selectively omitted publicity he generated himself when alleging tainted jury pool.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 38.0_1.pdf
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:53 pm One thing I cannot fathom is how come no one is going to prison for stealing the laptop, copying the hard drive without permission and dumping it into the public domain.

I read somewhere that even the computer repairman who allegedly received it from Hunter Biden refuses to confirm that it is really his.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:03 pm

All that is very true, but they don't care. The story plays well with the MAGA crowd. That is what is important.

Look how long the story about HRC being involved in child sacrifice in a New York Pizzeria's basement has lasted. It hasn't completely gone away yet. And there was even less evidence or plausibility in that story.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

How did the MAGA crowd get so stoopid? Homeschooling? It takes a **special** kind of stoopid to believe that Hillary is sacrificing children… for any reason at all. Or that there are FEMA camps dotting the landscape ready for Libs to fill with Red Staters. (More projection) Or that a man who renegs on a contract to let his cows graze on federal land is a hero because freedom and too also contracts are for suckers.

We’ve decided not to go to a family Celebration of Life for mr520’s aunt after seeing bone-chillingly stoopid bullshit on one of his cousin’s Facebook page. Most of the cousins commented approvingly and when the mr brought it up last night with another cousin, he got “Yeah it might be best if you don’t come.” He’d just stopped for a visit a month ago and thought everything went fine - but apparently not. They didn’t talk politics at all yet he’s marked as a lib. He doesn’t feel comfortable around family.

I hate this time.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Someone I went to school with, one of the "accelerated" kids, who I would have said was smart, now promotes MLM bs. (If you're so great at marketing, why do you have so few followers, hmmm?) Worse, he posted a blurry photo of heaven knows what (it looked like gray abstract art or an ultrasound gone bad) and said it was a shocking photo of adrenochrome being drained from an infant. Happening on some kind of ship in harbour. Horrors! He must have caught some flak for it because he's back to MLM crap.

Sadly, smarts and education are not a catchall vaccine against Bannon, conspiracy theories, and stupidity.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:38 pm I read somewhere that even the computer repairman who allegedly received it from Hunter Biden refuses to confirm that it is really his.
Ya he said he couldn't see the guy clearly due to his sight issues, so he couldnt be 100% sure it was him. This is the fox News website confining that to a paragraph

https://www.foxnews.com/us/laptop-thoug ... owner-says
Isaac said he has a condition that affects his vision and “can’t be 100 percent sure” it was Hunter Biden who dropped off the computer for repair. Isaac said he contacted the FBI out of concern, but declined to specify what he meant.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:07 pm How did the MAGA crowd get so stoopid? Homeschooling? It takes a **special** kind of stoopid to believe that Hillary is sacrificing children… for any reason at all. Or that there are FEMA camps dotting the landscape ready for Libs to fill with Red Staters. (More projection) Or that a man who renegs on a contract to let his cows graze on federal land is a hero because freedom and too also contracts are for suckers.
Constant repetition. Hearing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over till it seems ludicrous to even argue the point. Over 20/30 years.

What you thought as horrifying was probably perfectly reasonable to your relations as they have nothing but the right wing menu of facts to draw upon.

That's why that experiment which CNN where Fox Viewers who watch it for a month rapidly change their minds, because they are exposed to new information for the first time, stuff they simply had not heard before.

In a bit you are going to HATE, the so called progressives have their own bubbles too. Since the Roe thing blew up I've seen some completely stupid and incorrect lines about Pregnancy being thrown about on social media, stuff that is 100% objectively scientifically wrong but people scream it like it's written on the Living Rock by Gods own finger.

For example, one person said about Uvalde School massacre "A Fetus doesn't have a Heartbeat just a reaction of Nerve endings, those Kids had real Heartbeats!" Uh, by the time an "Embryo" becomes a "Fetus" (about the 10th week), it is a real heartbeat pumping real Fetus made blood. The Heart starts pumping embryo made blood around day 20 or 21.

And the whole shit of "YOU WANT WOMeN TO DIE!!" and the talk of huge numbers of women dying due to illegal Abortion? The amount of Deaths by abortion the year Roe was enacted was 42. Last year it was 8. Easily explainable by better medical practices the last 40 years.

Then there is the fairly low numbers of abortion doctors actually getting killed by the "violent" anti-abortionists. The talk of Pro-lifers killing abortion docs as been a constant drumbeat for decades. But in actuallity, there have only 8 murders of Abortion workers in 40 years, around 17 attempted. 429 DEATH THREATS ZOMG!!! So, about 10 a year across the whole US. WOW! VANDALISM!!!! 1507 Occurances!!! You mean 26 a year over every Abortion clinic in the USA, and 'Vandalism' could be as little as a poster stuck on a door. Gosh.

Figures from 2015. Yes, I've seen the headlines of a spike in numbers in 2022. I'm looking at pre-Trump and the rise in Right wing violence in general.

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data- ... d-violence

Gee, it seems like those Anto-abortionists have been kinda sitting around knitting rather than gunning down Abortion docs, but you have that narrative of Anti-abortion violence stuck in your mind. So you have false narratives injected into your own head as well from "progressive" spin as well.

Ya I turned this into a bit of a rant about "progressive" false information, but Its needed to show how you can be convinced of false narratives yourself. So if you have been programmed with wrong facts, what chance do people in states where Fox is blaring from every TV have?

And believe you me people are going to start bringing up actual attacks now because they will fight to preserve the false narritive even knowing its untrue. They will say I said people Pro-abotionists have not been murdered by anti abortionists. Like hell I did, but more people have been shot dead in America in the time I took to type this rant than have been murdered or attempted murdered by pro-life people in 40 years.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Steve Bannon responds to court order, telling judge that members of the Jan 6 committee refusing to testify+the judge's order quashing their subpoena "resulted in a trial that violated Mr. Bannon’s Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights."

Bannon says indictment should be tossed.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Bannon is melting down: “DOJ is lying. The FBI is lying. All of them are lying. Merrick Garland .. listen pipsqueak .. you’re a lawless scumbag! Suck on that. And the FBI is a bunch of lawless Gestapo!”

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”