Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:48 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:11 pmHe sent them a 282 page letter!
To be fair: It is only 26 pages; the rest is the 'zibits.
That's some pretty enlarged zibits. He should see a doctor about that. One who won't declare him the healthiest of human beings ever to live since the Garden of Eden.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feder ... ba34fe4107
Fox News contributor Joe Concha weighs in on a district court judge throwing out five media libel lawsuits by former Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann on "Hannity."

JOE CONCHA: But you're right, given the precedent here, what we saw with "The Washington Post" and "CNN" settling out of court for, remember those are $250M lawsuits against those organizations, it's interesting that this judge who was appointed by Jimmy Carter, by the way, clearly on the back nine at this point, decides to throw these suits out. And you think about the way "The New York Times" or "Rolling Stone" or these other outlets reported on Sandmann, painting him as the, basically the face of teenage racism. You know, it was no different than the way "CNN" or "The Washington Post" did, and it's hard not to see this ruling as anything other than politically motivated because "CNN" or "The Washington Post," you know, they have plenty of legal resources, and they knew that it was in their best interest to settle because they're on the losing side of this argument," based on what you mentioned before, the video evidence that anybody could see at home.
:roll: Video at the link for those who can stomach Concha. ?? Why do those media outlets he named have "quotation marks"?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:16 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feder ... ba34fe4107
Fox News contributor Joe Concha weighs in on a district court judge throwing out five media libel lawsuits by former Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann on "Hannity."

JOE CONCHA: But you're right, given the precedent here, what we saw with "The Washington Post" and "CNN" settling out of court for, remember those are $250M lawsuits against those organizations, it's interesting that this judge who was appointed by Jimmy Carter, by the way, clearly on the back nine at this point, decides to throw these suits out. And you think about the way "The New York Times" or "Rolling Stone" or these other outlets reported on Sandmann, painting him as the, basically the face of teenage racism. You know, it was no different than the way "CNN" or "The Washington Post" did, and it's hard not to see this ruling as anything other than politically motivated because "CNN" or "The Washington Post," you know, they have plenty of legal resources, and they knew that it was in their best interest to settle because they're on the losing side of this argument," based on what you mentioned before, the video evidence that anybody could see at home.
:roll: Video at the link for those who can stomach Concha. ?? Why do those media outlets he named have "quotation marks"?
Whatta maroon. CNN and WaPo (and NBC, I believe) settled because they decided throwing a couple million at Sandmann was cheaper than fighting the lawsuit for years. And now the already announced appeal equals more years.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:39 amCNN and WaPo (and NBC, I believe) settled because they decided throwing a couple million at Sandmann was cheaper than fighting the lawsuit for years.
Those three entities did settle, but the amount is confidential.

"Settled for millions" is a bit of a right-wing talk point.
And now the already announced appeal equals more years.
Eggsactly: These non-settling defendants likely paid six figures to "win," and will likely pay six more to "win" on appeal.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

bob wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:52 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:39 amCNN and WaPo (and NBC, I believe) settled because they decided throwing a couple million at Sandmann was cheaper than fighting the lawsuit for years.
Those three entities did settle, but the amount is confidential.

"Settled for millions" is a bit of a right-wing talk point.
You are correct, that hasn’t been disclosed. And looking back, all I find are “law school professors” and whatnot estimating seven figures. I also find them estimating $50k. I thought I saw Sandmann say it was seven figures at some point, but I believe I was mistaken because I can’t find it now.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump will also insist he got the apology, just like he does with the Times.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Stewart: Fox News, they refused to put me on all day.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hunter Biden has been mentioned 31 times over the last 90 minutes of Fox News programming (Hannity's show and the first half of Ingraham's show)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

this is how Jesse Watters refers to the White House press secretary
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:53 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1553158007525081090
this is how Jesse Watters refers to the White House press secretary
Watters is a class A cad. I posted this upthread, but a reminder of what a dirtbag he is:
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Jon Stewart has been trying to get on Fox News since this went down. He's succeeded.
The Problem With Jon Stewart @TheProblem wrote: “That’s simply not true. Don’t take my word for it. Go to http://Congress.gov. The text of the bill has not been changed.” — @JonStewart on @FoxNews dismantling Republican Senator Pat Toomey’s talking point that a budget gimmick was snuck into the PACT Act at the last minute.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I have Fox on at the moment to listen to. Pretty much all they're covering is Pelosi going to Taiwan. Seriously, it's like 99% of all their coverage at the moment.
Edit: Granted CNN is also covering the Pelosi & company plane land and all that stuff, Fox is covering this live. After all the hearings and stuff they didn't cover live :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:50 am I have Fox on at the moment to listen to. Pretty much all they're covering is Pelosi going to Taiwan. Seriously, it's like 99% of all their coverage at the moment.
Edit: Granted CNN is also covering the Pelosi & company plane land and all that stuff, Fox is covering this live. After all the hearings and stuff they didn't cover live :brickwallsmall:
I was listening to Fox News yesterday afternoon, and they were all on about a) the Manchin plan is a huge tax hike on lower end (<$400k) taxpayers, and b) this is already on the back of a huge tax hike, as a 9.1% inflation rate is actually the same thing as a 9.1% tax hike.

Biggest. Tax. Hike. Ever.
raison de arizona

Not a Manchin fan for sure, but this was a nice move.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: “Harris, are you afraid we’re going to do something good that’ll help our country?” — Joe Manchin to Harris Faulkner, setting her off
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox News doing big segment with video of first TX migrants getting the bus in NYC. Still haven't heard this week about Alex Jones, January 6 or nothing. Started the hour with CHINA CHINA CHINA.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hannity starting now (for me). He promises among others Marco Rubio and Paul Manafort. Shades of a :shit: show :biggrin:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:

Yes, they went there. Short bit, but had to show shots of Hillary's But Her Emails hats and shirts and sniping about making money from this latest kerfuffle. I don't recall ever hearing them snipe about tfg's grifting ever.
raison de arizona

Five minutes into Biden coughs too much and how that hurts the US optics to the world.
:roll:

Now we’ve moved into how the FBI raid has “supercharged” tfg’s campaign.
:roll: :roll:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hope I can fall back asleep before the next segment, F&F First is going to have the Hunter laptop repairman on to talk about the discrepancies in the Justice Department :roll:

I'm only 30 minutes in and they've mentioned Hunter multiple times, the Biden lavish family vacation (oh, and Hunter's on the plane too! Horrors!). Outrage over the Mar a Lago "raid". Can't recall if they mentioned the NY State AG sit down and pleading the 5th multiple times.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Maybe I am checking in too early but F&F seems all wrong. Where are the lady legs? Isn't this supposed to be a strip club show? I haz confused. It is no longer a sex show?

BRING OUT THAT CURVED WHITE COUCH AND SHOW US SOME CLEAVAGE AND LEGS!! FREEDOM!!!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Don't forget the long blonde hair!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I managed to stay awake for the laptop guy. Twice he stated why isn't the AG/DOJ doing anything about it and they've had it since 2019!!!

Not once did the hosts point out that Biden wasn't in charge in 2019 and 2020. During the interview Fox kept showing in sidebar photos of Biden family leaving for the family vacation. Seriously. Then they asked the laptop guy about his thoughts on the "raid" at MAL like he was some big legal expert or something.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox’s Doocy surprisingly presses Rep. Steve Scalise on FBI agents receiving death threats due to baseless GOP attacks over lawful Mar-a-Lago search.

Scalise: “It concerns everybody if you see some agents go rogue.”

Doocy: “Who went rogue? They were following a search warrant.”
“Steve, why not wait a week or so until we know more about this search warrant than immediately rush to judgment and say, ‘The FBI, they’re crazy.’”

What is happening today? Steve Doocy continues to press Rep. Steve Scalise about GOP criticism of the lawful Mar-a-Lago search.
Wow. Push back.
raison de arizona

That Scalise video enrages me. I’m apoplectic. Anyway. Kennedy is on now. What an unmitigated turd. I hate them all.
23DCD05E-E903-460A-BE8C-8E1B566F5F0B.jpeg
23DCD05E-E903-460A-BE8C-8E1B566F5F0B.jpeg (180.02 KiB) Viewed 458 times

Return to “Current Politics”