American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:52 pm One of the least annoying livestreams. For now.

https://youtu.be/WyzoYhgC-O4
That is just too boring. I'm watching Anarchy Princess

At least she engages her viewers with often snarky comments and says what is going on -- other streamers are boring by comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-Ej_KqaAw
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

8A7F1ECB-D980-4FF2-853E-4A2755EE239C.jpeg
8A7F1ECB-D980-4FF2-853E-4A2755EE239C.jpeg (155.66 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
tencats

Post by tencats »

Oh oh, they're not going away. Nope, God has sent an angle.
:brickwallsmall:
I don't care if they don't give us the permit. No toilets and that sucks but we don't care because we done it like that before.
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxels_C1W3Qw ... bWIYXaDvO6

God sent this angle. Santa had an epiphany? :roll: :cantlook:
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxqSRZIhOhVO ... yX1etpJ_40

Or you all can go play your own little games without me. :boxing:
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkx0Il9Q05h00 ... fqYwey6r9t
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Anarchy Princess had a great comeback on Santa saying he was quitting(leaving). "It's what a domestic abuser does to control their victims." She is right. Smart lady.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Oh my, Santa has had it with them and is headed back to Ohio.

We shall see.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:21 pm Oh my, Santa has had it with them and is headed back to Ohio.

We shall see.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Breath.....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

On a side note, I just learned you can only have 15 smileys on a post. :panic:
101010 :towel:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:21 pm Anarchy Princess had a great comeback on Santa saying he was quitting(leaving). "It's what a domestic abuser does to control their victims." She is right. Smart lady.
:yeahthat:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

oh man-

what all did I miss?

can't watch with volume right now
LM K

Post by LM K »

After the evening meeting, Santa went off ... again. At the beginning, he was ranting about ... not being able to find his favorite crackers for months!

Start at 1:25:15:

Hippy calls out Santa
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 pm oh man-

what all did I miss?

Park police showing up in force and not doing a thing about the criminals, Riddell throwing a pretend hissy fit and saying he's going back to Ohio, and lots of confusion as the cult seems to be breaking up.

There's an elderly couple among them who stand out as being the only ones who look remotely middle class-dress neatly, clean, etc. I think I heard tonight they spent their retirement money on this band of criminals. They're the only ones I have an iota of sympathy for, even though they support far rightists. I think they have an RV. Maybe they'll be like SSG Moe and live out their days in it.
LM K

Post by LM K »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 pm oh man-

what all did I miss?

I can catch folks up it will be a few hours.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A bunch of them surrounded a random woman because they thought she was a friend of AP. AP thinks they touched her but she doesn’t know what happened to her. That must have been when all the police showed up. Who did nothing. Someone said one of them shook hands with Riddell.

raison de arizona

South Park Santa
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:04 pm A bunch of them surrounded a random woman because they thought she was a friend of AP. AP thinks they touched her but she doesn’t know what happened to her. That must have been when all the police showed up. Who did nothing. Someone said one of them shook hands with Riddell.
:snippity:
Don't read too much into that. The cops have had it with 1776, including Santa. Today, a police supervisor told Santa that the group is calling too much over nothing stuff. It's about time they said that. 1776 calls police 3+ times per day this past week.

Members and supporters of 1776 have, these past 2 days, been shocked ... SHOCKED that law enforcement is no longer placating them. In fairness, after 27 days of being placated, it makes sense that they'd be SHOCKED that police are now doing their job.

At least 12-14 police showed up last night. At least 14-16 showed up today. Santa has lost all influence with the law enforcement, and he knows it. The handshakes are now just good manners and nothing more.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Today was another shitshow. It was glorious!

The group is exhausted. Counterprotesters have kept the 1776 from sleeping a full night's sleep for at least 5-6 nights. Ma, who is 82+, feel asleep during the morning meeting. She's just too sleep deprived.

The day started with a somber morning meeting. Tonight police will start enforcing the no sleeping in cars condition of the permit. Santa asked how many who owned vehicles were willing to be arrested for engaging in "civil disobedience" (sleeping in their cars). 12 people raised their hand. Frankly, that was probably 100% of the vehicle owners at the meeting. Santa said that they needed at least 20 vehicles to make the civil disobedience work. "Let's rent cars!" someone yelled. Renting cars would have given 18-20 vehicles. Santa then said 20 isn't enough.

Counterprotesters were incredibly loud today. Until yesterday, they were not allowed to use megaphones. What changed? I told them that, because groups under 25 protesters don't need a permit, DC requires that protesters only inform the permit office that they're going to use a megaphone. Police haven't given the counterprotesters grief about the megaphone these past 2 days. 1776 just cannot figure out why this has changed! I keep explaining that law in livestream chats, but it's been almost useless. One mod in Golden Chariot's chat confirmed that I was correct and now posts a link to the law when people take umbrage.

This evening, the group tried to hold their evening meeting but couldn't start the meeting. The counterprotesters were too loud, making the meeting impossible to hold . Counterprotesters were using their megaphone and a whistle. 1776 was pissed. This happened to a meeting earlier this week. That meeting was canceled.

The livestreamers and some other members marched across the park to confront police; there are always police in the park. The 1776 demanded that police do something about how loud the counterprotesters were. They told police that the counterprotesters were so loud that they were keeping them from conducting their "business" on their panel. THEIR PANEL!

That's how counterprotesting works, police explained. But we're on our panel! Why are we paying money for a permit!? Police explained that they could only enforce their permit boundaries but nothing more.

But what about the slander and horrible things they're saying, 1776 asked. Taco Joe (1st Responder) then read a law about disturbing the peace by the use of obscenity. He then read the definition of obscene from the Oxford English Doctionary. Are you going to enforce that law, Taco Joe asks. One officer says he will have to make determinations when a situation arises.

1776 was furious.

Police did ask the counterprotesters to move back a little bit, which police can do. As long as counterprotesters are within eyesight and hearing range of the group they're protesting, the law is followed. The counterprotesters were given a taped off area. The counterprotesters love taped off areas because all protesters and all officers are on the same page. The counterprotesters moved immediately as asked. They were still very loud, and very distracting for 1776, but 1776 started their meeting.

Just after the meeting started, a woman, unrelated to the current group of counterprotesters, pushed over some signs and one was damaged!! The group went feral. They wanted the woman arrested! Police swarmed the area. They force the woman to pick up the signs and to apologize to the 1776. The 1776 was furious that the woman wasn't arrested. Police refused to arrest her.

Then Santa had a complete tantrum. I think it's because 4 members left the meeting and then returned to the meeting as the meeting was coming to a close.

Santa went off. "This ain't some party!"; "I've sacrificed!", "y'all have to make a decision!". Santa then stood up and said he's going home. Folks were surprised.

A few minutes later, Santa had another tantrum. It started with him ranting about ... crackers. Yep, you read that correctly. Santa can't find his favorite crackers! He's tried to get them for months! He ranted a little longer. But then Hippy Mama challenged Santa about his behavior. Soon others were challenging Santa as well.

Santa marched off.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

https://twitter.com/OxfordTelescope/sta ... 2567537664
Yeah, David "BadSanta" is upset because he can't find (deprived of) his favorite saltine crackers....
FREEDOM!!!! TYRANNY!!
(Oh, wait, TYRANNY sounds similar to TRANNY -- i AM SO GOING TO GET CALLED OUT)
OxfordTelescope
@OxfordTelescope
@ConvoySant
@B_hindtheMirror
@KrossedF
@GraysonBrent3
@L_isaMarie

Dear Santa, if you officially end your cult, I’ll give you an unopened box of your favorite brand of crackers.
#1776RM

#SuicideSquad
LM K

Post by LM K »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:17 pm
LM K wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:52 pm One of the least annoying livestreams. For now.

At least she engages her viewers with often snarky comments and says what is going on -- other streamers are boring by comparison.

What excuse did the cops give to make her move? She was nowhere near the 1776 patch of gravel.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:34 am
neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:17 pm

What excuse did the cops give to make her move? She was nowhere near the 1776 patch of gravel.
The police were trying to hold the peace so yellow taped them off further away. She and other counter-protestors complied and moved

(keep in mind, these counter-protestors are not friendlies-- enemy of my enemy is my friend going on here).
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
northland10 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:25 pm On a side note, I just learned you can only have 15 smileys on a post.
I'm a conservative. :liar:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 am :snippity:

The day started with a somber morning meeting. Tonight police will start enforcing the no sleeping in cars condition of the permit. Santa asked how many who owned vehicles were willing to be arrested for engaging in "civil disobedience" (sleeping in their cars). 12 people raised their hand. Frankly, that was probably 100% of the vehicle owners at the meeting. Santa said that they needed at least 20 vehicles to make the civil disobedience work. "Let's rent cars!" someone yelled. Renting cars would have given 18-20 vehicles. Santa then said 20 isn't enough.

Renting cars with whose money? Where does he get the drivers? Did he plan for the moment they get towed and impounded? More expenses. The impound may exeed the rental period, the rental company may not be happy :think:

:blackeye:
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:35 am
LM K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 am :snippity:

Renting cars with whose money? Where does he get the drivers? Did he plan for the moment they get towed and impounded? More expenses. The impound may exeed the rental period, the rental company may not be happy :think:

:blackeye:
Credit Card money, someone was crowing they had $4k left on their card and could rent THREE cars! Moneybags!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: i would not be the one guaranteeing the rental of three vehicles with three unknown drivers with unknown driving history :cantlook:

i wonder what the fraud detection system at the CC company says to three similar (pre-)payments at the same or even worse different rental locations the same day a few minutes apart :think: :blackeye:

Return to “Current Politics”