X -Where Twitter goes to die.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Twitter

Post by neonzx »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Did Twitter break? All of a sudden I can't look at tweets in browser. Just says so and so hasn't tweeted yet. Tried five different profiles. Are those bastards going to force me into a real account?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:28 pm Did Twitter break? All of a sudden I can't look at tweets in browser. Just says so and so hasn't tweeted yet. Tried five different profiles. Are those bastards going to force me into a real account?
It's working for me :shrug: I do have an account however.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:29 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:28 pm Did Twitter break? All of a sudden I can't look at tweets in browser. Just says so and so hasn't tweeted yet. Tried five different profiles. Are those bastards going to force me into a real account?
Thanks, I'm about ready to sit down for dinner at a different device. Will see what happes
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Mine stopped showing my notifications and follows and such about a week ago. It just says "nothing here yet" even when I follow a direct link from the daily twitter email that says "you have x number of notifications" and it arbitrarily changed my @ thing that shows on tweets. So now I just read.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

They are not allowing one without an account to see more than 2 posts on an account fr the last few weeks. Still not tempted to get a new account.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:29 pm
It started working again about five minutes after I posted this and you replied :shrug:
MN-Skeptic

Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Since we might be following this lawsuit, I thought it deserved its own thread.

Original complaint - https://www.wlrk.com/docs/76660099_Fina ... plaint.pdf

A Twitter thread on the scheduling order -

raison de arizona

Re: Twitter v. Elon R. Musk

Musk, rather than responding with the expected :poop: emoji, has filed a countersuit. I haven't come across it yet, but it's undoubtedly floating around somewhere.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:34 pm Musk, rather than responding with the expected :poop: emoji, has filed a countersuit. I haven't come across it yet, but it's undoubtedly floating around somewhere.
The story that I read was that it is not yet available for public consumption. However, the Chancery Court of Delaware will release a redacted version in due time.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Musk’s lawyers subpoena big banks for records on Twitter deal
Billionaire seeks material on how JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs advised platform during negotiations

Kari Paul and agencies
Wed 3 Aug 2022 20.59 BST

Lawyers for Elon Musk have subpoenaed JPMorgan Chase and Goldman Sachs for records relating to the billionaire’s plan to buy Twitter.

Musk has requested the banks turn over “documents and communications” relating to how they advised Twitter during negotiations, which Musk abruptly backed out of last month after offering to purchase the website for $44bn in April, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday.

Musk’s subpoenas also seek to uncover whether Twitter was considering other buyers for the deal. They come after Twitter issued dozens of subpoenas of its own against Musk in the past week.

Twitter’s subpoenas targeted Morgan Stanley and other banks acting as Musk’s co-investors in the deal.

The subpoenas on both sides will function to uncover more information ahead of a five-day trial scheduled to begin on 17 October in the Delaware Chancery court, in which Twitter is attempting to force Musk to carry out the deal.

Legal experts say Twitter’s court activity indicates its lawyers want to know what lenders, investors and advisers were saying to each other about Musk’s behavior after he signed the deal in late April, in an attempt to prove Musk purposely tried to torpedo the financing of his purchase as he began to back out of the deal.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Twitter’s response to Musk’s countersuit -

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... claims.pdf
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:37 pm :popcorn:
Seriously, just the first page:
According to Musk, he—the billionaire founder of multiple companies, advised by Wall Street bankers and lawyers—was hoodwinked by Twitter into signing a $44 billion merger agreement.

That story is as implausible and contrary to fact as it sounds. And it is just that—a story, imagined in an effort to escape a merger agreement that Musk no longer found attractive once the stock market—and along with it, his massive personal wealth—declined in value.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

According to a slideshow accompanying a story at Gizmodo, Musk's claim that Twitter misrepresented the number of bots on the service comes from a service that identified Musk's own account as a likely bot. This link is to a screenshot showing that claim:
https://gizmodo.com/elon-musk-twitter-o ... 0/slides/2
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Great article, KG! The titles for each slide make easy reading. I especially liked this one:

The bot detection tool Musk used, Botometer, is severely flawed, according to the maker’s own website.

Does Fogbow have a Botometer, Foggy? We must be prepared in the event Musk wants to buy the Fogbow!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:00 pm According to a slideshow accompanying a story at Gizmodo, Musk's claim that Twitter misrepresented the number of bots on the service comes from a service that identified Musk's own account as a likely bot. This link is to a screenshot showing that claim:
from the link
The company called his complaints “factually inaccurate, legally insufficient, and commercially irrelevant.”
but were they inartfully collated and defectively stapled?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:02 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:00 pm According to a slideshow accompanying a story at Gizmodo, Musk's claim that Twitter misrepresented the number of bots on the service comes from a service that identified Musk's own account as a likely bot. This link is to a screenshot showing that claim:
from the link
The company called his complaints “factually inaccurate, legally insufficient, and commercially irrelevant.”
but were they inartfully collated and defectively stapled?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:50 am Does Fogbow have a Botometer, Foggy? We must be prepared in the event Musk wants to buy the Fogbow!
Sure, lady, that's mah job. :smoking:

You can find a full list of who is online - bots, Earthlings, lurkers, and other various disreputable reprehensibles - AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING, by clickin' right here, but I can't narrow it down to just bots.
Edit: Do not be fooled - that page gives IP addresses of all users online, but IP addresses are not indicative of an Earthling's actual location on the planet, due to advances in the modern datanet. For example, my IP address, when I checked with iplocation.net, shows me in Atlanta, Georgia. So having someone's IP address is not going to be very helpful for doxxing or other nefarious purposes.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:01 pm
Edit: Do not be fooled - that page gives IP addresses of all users online, but IP addresses are not indicative of an Earthling's actual location on the planet, due to advances in the modern datanet. For example, my IP address, when I checked with iplocation.net, shows me in Atlanta, Georgia. So having someone's IP address is not going to be very helpful for doxxing or other nefarious purposes.
?? I looked at that page and didn't see any IP addresses for the members listed there. Which is, I think, a good thing, no?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh yeah, that's a good thing. I can see IP addresses but I have sworn to use my sekrit powers only for good.

I can see every IP address you ever used, which became very interesting when, for example, GreatGrey was flying a 747 full of cargo all over the planet and racked up more IP addresses than Johnny had appleseeds.

:shock:
Edit: Eurobot has used almost 175 different IP addresses just since Fogbow Reborn, which may be influenced by him traveling to Thailand quite often. Do I have any need to know that? No, and it conflicts with my project on Noggin Clutter Reduction.

Ol' Wifehorn once tole me I know more useless information than anybody in the world. Yeah, but most of it is TRUE FACTS, so there. :taunt:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:like:
bob

Post by bob »

:whistle:

(@paraga is Twitter's CEO.)
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:01 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:50 am Does Fogbow have a Botometer, Foggy? We must be prepared in the event Musk wants to buy the Fogbow!
Sure, lady, that's mah job. :smoking:

You can find a full list of who is online - bots, Earthlings, lurkers, and other various disreputable reprehensibles - AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING, by clickin' right here, but I can't narrow it down to just bots.
Like ground-based control of the space lasers. Just sayin'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Judge orders Twitter to give Elon Musk former executive's documents

Twitter Inc (TWTR.N)needs to give Elon Musk documents from a former Twitter executive who Musk said was a key figure in calculating the amount of fake accounts on the platform, according to a Monday court order.
:snippity:
Twitter was ordered to collect, review and produce documents from former General Manager of Consumer Product Kayvon Beykpour, according to the order from Chancellor Kathaleen McCormick of the Delaware Court of Chancery.
McCormick said in her order on Monday that she was denying Musk's request for access to 21 other people with control over relevant information.

Musk's legal team had written to McCormick last week asking her to order Twitter to hand over employee names so they could be questioned.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/j ... 022-08-15/

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”