Slim Cognito

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
RTH10260

Re: Slim Cognito

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:11 am Do we not have a Facebook thread? If not, don't start one. Just dropping this here.

It's been two years since trump suggested ingesting/injecting bleach to cure covid. A meme showing a bottle of Clorox tablets made the rounds which I posted on FB at the time, when I used to post rather liberally (yuk, yuk).
I got a message from Facebook last night that I'm suspended for a month, well from Live! and advertising, because somebody might see that two year old post and drink bleach.

I was given the option to accept or object. Knowing it would make no difference, I objected. It's the principle. The response was that they were short-handed bc of covid so tough shit.

I quit posting frequently a few months ago so I don't give a carp, but I'm guessing calls for "Joe and the H*'s" removal is still peachy keen.
No wonder FB thinks something is fishy :biggrin:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

We hit the Kansas City Comicon yesterday. I dressed as Notorious RBG. My avatar pretty much covers the costume. I did wear black fishnet gloves and some big red vintage-ish earrings. I told my daughter, Bre, I’d be happy if just one person recognized me. And most did not. Now I’ve been to multiple Comicons and I dressed for each one, and people have always complemented my outfit and asked for photos. But this time, of the five or so people who did come up to me, they not only wanted to take my picture, they wanted to tell me about the big impact she had on their lives and thank me for reminding them …And that included two men.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice!

"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow, GOT
Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Life has kept me busy the past few weeks but I've been meaning to share a story about my wackjob neighbors (excepting one who, since her husband passed, has come out as anti-trump, but not exactly pro-Democrat). We are, or more specifically I am, known as the neighborhood left-wing Antifa BLM terrorist sympathizer.

I recently turned 65 and started collecting social security. I've been generously told that I look younger than my actual age. I sure feel my actual age, if not 10 years older.

I've always worked from home* which led a lot of neighbors who don't know me well to assume I was an unemployed housewife, which is mostly true since the hearing loss and OA deep-sixed my transcription career.

As several of us stood around in the street talking about buying stuff, I mentioned that when I get paid next week I too was going to buy stuff. People looked at me and one asked who do you work for? My response? "George Soros, of course."

I think a couple of them believed it.

*since I've lived in Florida - edited for clarity.

ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:48 am :snippity:
As several of us stood around in the street talking about buying stuff, I mentioned that when I get paid next week I too was going to buy stuff. People looked at me and one asked who do you work for? My response? "George Soros, of course."

I think a couple of them believed it.
:lol: :thumbsup:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava! We should receive our checks too! After all, Soros just donated $1 million to Beto! :lol:

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”