Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:45 pm
bill_g wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:38 pm She proves once again you don't need to know what you're talking about to talk about it. I'm hoping she's a big fan of Taco Bell (and other fast food vendors) that have used plant based fillers in their tasty meat products for a very long time. And considering she's a bit of a health nut, what are the odds she's used soy in her smoothies? How about peanut butter Marge? It's kind of a thing in your state.

And speaking of peanut butter, what are your thoughts on plant based fats Marge? Do you have a recommendation for a candy bar made with lard instead of palm, sunflower, or other vegetable oils? Same for french fries - is there anyone that *does not* use vegetable oil in their deep fat fryers?

Curious minds are asking.
fast food joint taco meat is about 20% oatmeal, and has been FOREVER. And by FOREVER I mean since at least 1970 when I was bending tacos at a taco joint that did not have the word bell in its name and we had better taco meat than the joint that does have bell in its name.

Not only but also, vegetable oil demand is destroying the rain forest in Indonesia and Borneo and Brasil.
Would it have had 'viva' in the name? Because my younger brother and I, at 50 and 52 respectively, continue to lament the loss of the chain that had 'viva' in the name.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Not 'viva'. It had the word 'el' and the word 'taco' in its name.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oatmeal isn't plant-based. It comes in a cylindrical cardboard can. ❤️

:crazy:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Yeahbut cardboard is made from trees, and trees are plant based. And the box is printed with soy based ink. It's like totally organic. It's all organic man.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

keith wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:45 pm
bill_g wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:38 pm She proves once again you don't need to know what you're talking about to talk about it. I'm hoping she's a big fan of Taco Bell (and other fast food vendors) that have used plant based fillers in their tasty meat products for a very long time. And considering she's a bit of a health nut, what are the odds she's used soy in her smoothies? How about peanut butter Marge? It's kind of a thing in your state.

And speaking of peanut butter, what are your thoughts on plant based fats Marge? Do you have a recommendation for a candy bar made with lard instead of palm, sunflower, or other vegetable oils? Same for french fries - is there anyone that *does not* use vegetable oil in their deep fat fryers?

Curious minds are asking.
fast food joint taco meat is about 20% oatmeal, and has been FOREVER. And by FOREVER I mean since at least 1970 when I was bending tacos at a taco joint that did not have the word bell in its name and we had better taco meat than the joint that does have bell in its name.

Not only but also, vegetable oil demand is destroying the rain forest in Indonesia and Borneo and Brasil.
For my round numbered birthday last year, I did a fundraiser for the orang-utan rescue centre in Borneo. I raised over $600 to help the poor baby orang-utans who have been orphaned due to the palm oil industry. Hopefully, they’ll be able to be released to a safe, protected island when they’re older.
keith

Post by keith »

Excellent. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

When sprout was a baby I made soap, just like my g-grandma did. Hers was straight up lye soap no fancy scents, made with olive oil. My soap contained a percentage of palm kernel oil and for that I am sorry.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
keith wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:45 pm fast food joint taco meat is about 20% oatmeal, and has been FOREVER. And by FOREVER I mean since at least 1970 when I was bending tacos at a taco joint that did not have the word bell in its name and we had better taco meat than the joint that does have bell in its name.
:fingerwag: In The Bell's case, it's 88% beef. This was scrutinized ad nauseam ~10 years ago after TB was sued with the allegation that their "seasoned beef" was only 36% beef.

It's like nobody reads ingredient labels on the pre-processed food/bottled items they buy at the grocery. Do you? :think: 8-)

---
Aside, I had the privilege of going to TB last week for the first time in a long time. WTH? I got out of there barely under $10 (w/o a beverage). Where did the value menu go? Thanks Biden. :blackeye:
keith

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:42 am
Off Topic
keith wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:45 pm fast food joint taco meat is about 20% oatmeal, and has been FOREVER. And by FOREVER I mean since at least 1970 when I was bending tacos at a taco joint that did not have the word bell in its name and we had better taco meat than the joint that does have bell in its name.
:fingerwag: In The Bell's case, it's 88% beef. This was scrutinized ad nauseam ~10 years ago after TB was sued with the allegation that their "seasoned beef" was only 36% beef.

It's like nobody reads ingredient labels on the pre-processed food/bottled items they buy at the grocery. Do you? :think: 8-)

---
Aside, I had the privilege of going to TB last week for the first time in a long time. WTH? I got out of there barely under $10 (w/o a beverage). Where did the value menu go? Thanks Biden. :blackeye:
Meh, TB is to Mexican food as Subway sandwiches are to train lines.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
keith wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:57 am Meh, TB is to Mexican food as Subway sandwiches are to train lines.
We could debate that forever. All these ethic dishes get Americanized/bastardized. How do you think Italians judge what we call a pizza here in America? They be like, Mamma mia! WTF is this??? :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

keith wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:57 am Meh, TB is to Mexican food as Subway sandwiches are to train lines.
I lurvs me some Taco Bell, but it is definitely fast food, not Mexican food. If I have a hankering for Mexican food, I’m definitely not going to the Bell. But I definitely do go to the Bell. :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Has TexMex disappeared? A few years ago* it was all the rage here - are fajitas what make it TexMex? I was never exactly clear.

* thirty being the number of a “few” year ago
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:55 am Has TexMex disappeared? A few years ago* it was all the rage here - are fajitas what make it TexMex? I was never exactly clear.

Gonna let you all in on a secret. I was a server at Chi-Chi's in my teen and college years. I am an expurt on Mexican food. Ask me anything.🌮🍸
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:21 am
I lurvs me some Taco Bell, but it is definitely fast food, not Mexican food. If I have a hankering for Mexican food, I’m definitely not going to the Bell. But I definitely do go to the Bell. :mrgreen:
Same here. We have plenty of real Mexican restaurants (and food carts) owned and run by Real Mexicans (tm) that are hands down delicious than TB, and very competetively priced. We also have "authentic" Mexican restaurants also run by Real Mexicans (tm) that are as authentic as most Chinese restaurants meaning Americanized dishes that you will never find in their home country. And then we have the authentic Mexican restaurants owned and run by Real Mexicans (tm) that are best described as fusion, meant for a more discerning palette that wants to explore a Kimchi Taco (for example), and usually accompanied by a noticable price differential.

But, if you're in a hurry, and plan to eat as you drive to the next job, then three Beef Taco Supremes for five bucks from The Bell will fill the gullet just fine.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I did, neon. I asked two questions. You answered neither while telling us what an expert you are. Questions too tough? :mrgreen:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:07 am I did, neon. I asked two questions. You answered neither while telling us what an expert you are. Questions too tough? :mrgreen:
Well, I think I answered sorta. You see where Chi-Chi's is not today? :lol: It seems Americans were not much into catching hepitis A. :shrug:

But I did love their "fried ice cream".

ETA: and I said "expurt", not expert. :nope:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
I don't even know where* Chi-Chi’s were back then, never HEARD of them.

* or what
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

mtg wrote:Marjorie Taylor Greene claims the new military funding bill’s provision for plant-based meal options means soldiers will forced to eat “krabby patties” and “bugs.”
I just wanna know how she get to soldiers be8ng forced to eat bugs from giving them the *option* for plant based food. I don't even know what "krabby patties" are.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:20 am I don't even know where* Chi-Chi’s were back then, never HEARD of them.

* or what
Oh gosh, you were so deprived, dear. :cry:
► Show Spoiler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:24 am
mtg wrote:Marjorie Taylor Greene claims the new military funding bill’s provision for plant-based meal options means soldiers will forced to eat “krabby patties” and “bugs.”
I just wanna know how she get to soldiers be8ng forced to eat bugs from giving them the *option* for plant based food. I don't even know what "krabby patties" are.
Not knowing how to get from "option to eat plant-based foods" to "forced to eat bugs" ['cause bugs are on plants] is why you are not a Republican Member of Congress.
Edit: If you're forced to eat meat, you are forced to eat parasites and microbial life that vertebrates tend to host [even though it may be fairly clean].
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Tex-Mex is not hard to pin down because so little is authentic anymore. Chances are all your favorite "Mexican" food is Tex-Mex. If it has dairy, wheat, beef, pork, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, garlic, or celantro, it's not authentic. Those were brought over by the Spaniards and adopted by Americans in Texas. Tex-Mex compounded that with yellow cheese, sour cream, and other readily available foods from America that conformed to the American palette.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

:thumbsup:
Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:52 am Oatmeal isn't plant-based. It comes in a cylindrical cardboard can. ❤️

In another life, I made those “cans”! In the tube plant. One of the best jobs I ever had before getting into industrial control. The factory was supposedly the only place in the world that had had 3 different grain mills on one site, wheat, corn, and oats. Joseph Robidoux III would be very familiar with it.
Talking about oats in food, in Cincinnati you gotta get Goetta.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Reddog wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:47 am :thumbsup:
Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:52 am Oatmeal isn't plant-based. It comes in a cylindrical cardboard can. ❤️

In another life, I made those “cans”! In the tube plant. One of the best jobs I ever had before getting into industrial control. The factory was supposedly the only place in the world that had had 3 different grain mills on one site, wheat, corn, and oats. Joseph Robidoux III would be very familiar with it.
Talking about oats in food, in Cincinnati you gotta get Goetta.
Glier's 'HOT'!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:21 am
:yeahthat:

I love me some Taco Bell. Soft tacos, get in my belly!

I used to like Zantigo better and Don Pablos was the best of all. As far as chains go anyhow. Long ago there was a Mexican place in a Fairlane Mall outlot in Dearborn that was the highlight of my trips to motorcar company HQ. There's also a place here in Cincinnati that has 3 or 4 places that isn't bad and in Northern Kentucky, if you get up this way, is Montoya's, which is the most excellent, right down to being in a strip mall that leads you to believe it's not going to be as awesome as it is.

Follow me for more Mexican food reviews.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:01 am
Off Topic
Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:55 am Has TexMex disappeared? A few years ago* it was all the rage here - are fajitas what make it TexMex? I was never exactly clear.

Gonna let you all in on a secret. I was a server at Chi-Chi's in my teen and college years. I am an expurt on Mexican food. Ask me anything.🌮🍸
OMG I loved Chi-Chi's they had this seafood enchilada that was tooooo die for. Man I miss it

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”