trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:24 am https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 5ac33cd1ea

:snippity:
The process of taking depositions at the state supreme court in Manhattan is expected to continue into next week. It is not immediately clear on which day the former president will be questioned but Trump’s lawyer has indicated that he will invoke his constitutional right against self-incrimination and refuse to answer questions.
:snippity:
This guy? "The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?" -tfg

Also, the speaker list has been released for the AZ hate-fest, AZ is home to an awful lot of cray-cray:
Special Guest Speaker:

Kari Lake, Trump Endorsed Candidate for Governor of Arizona

Blake Masters, Trump Endorsed Candidate for U.S. Senate in Arizona

Abe Hamadeh, Trump Endorsed Candidate for Attorney General of Arizona

State Rep. Mark Finchem, Trump Endorsed Candidate for Secretary of State of Arizona and State Representative from Arizona’s 11th District

Sheriff Mark Lamb, Pinal County Sheriff

Kelli Ward, Chairwoman of the Republican Party of Arizona

Mike Lindell, Inventor and CEO of My Pillow
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

That sounds like all kinds of cray-cray :crazy: :tinfoil:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Lemme see, a list where Mike Lindell might not make the top three crazy on it, impressive effort Arizona!

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Looks like the judge in NY just found out about the Trump rally in AZ.
bob

Post by bob »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:37 am I could see Graham's argument if he were a member of the latter. He is not. McConnell, Shelby, and Cruz all are, FWIW. But not L.G. ... So for me, the argument falls flat. Because the argument that because DoJ or DHS can review elections therefore he can, means that any member of the Senate Judiciary Committee can attempt to make private phone calls on any matter of federal law whatsoever (since the DoJ or DHS would have at least co-responsibility for investigating justabout any criminal breach of any federal law at all) without the courts being able to weigh in on propriety.
Concur that Graham is overreaching.

Graham could have just said, "As a member of Congress, I may object to states' certifications of their electoral votes. Part of my due diligence in deciding whether to object is investigating possible electoral fraud." Just leave it at that, implying he was just doing what 535* others also could have done.

But the gratuitous "As the Senate Judiciary Chair...." makes it sound like the Lindsay doth protest too much, methinks.

* I assume Graham would have included Pence.
Image ImageImage
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Hello New York AG, the ShitGibbon is available for deposition in a week.
CA178E86-BF34-4CF8-BFE7-6291766A9219.jpeg
CA178E86-BF34-4CF8-BFE7-6291766A9219.jpeg (311.9 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:26 pm Lemme see, a list where Mike Lindell might not make the top three crazy on it, impressive effort Arizona!

:rotflmao:
No Sheriff Joe?
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Suranis wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:22 am I would have excused the Spawn but dragged his rotund Buttocks into the court.
I don't know if I am correct in my thinking, but here goes....

I think they want the depositions taken simultaneously in order to ask all deponents the same questions, and then compare their responses. You just know that there won't be a lot of consistency among these four.

If tfg goes first, he can share the questions with his issue so that they can get their answers to be identical.

Sorta like a person takes the final exam early, and then tells his classmates what questions are on the exam.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Your donations at work!
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There are so many threads where this might fit; but it's Friday, I'm tired and I choose this one. :oldlady:

Peter Navarro’s aide Garrett Ziegler says he let Powell & Flynn into the WH without permission: “That was not scheduled. So when Meadows & Cipollone got called into that meeting and realized that Sidney Powell and Mike Flynn were there .. they had no idea how they got in.”
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Am I alone in being alarmed that D list assistants can just sneak people in The White House through the service door?

FFS I cannot slip people into a motorcar plant without logging them through security.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:28 pm Am I alone in being alarmed that D list assistants can just sneak people in The White House through the service door?

FFS I cannot slip people into a motorcar plant without logging them through security.
I can tell you without specifics that they couldn't do this at a U.S. Embassy, for pity's sake.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Lani

Post by Lani »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:23 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:28 pm Am I alone in being alarmed that D list assistants can just sneak people in The White House through the service door?

I can tell you without specifics that they couldn't do this at a U.S. Embassy, for pity's sake.
Decades ago, we picketed the White House for the ERA 24/7. It was a cold night, and only a few of us remained. Betty Ford sent people to us and brought a couple of us into the White House kitchen to pick up coffee, hot chocolate, and food.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

SCOOP: According to a memo written by the conservative lawyer William Olson and sent to Trump at the end of Dec 2020, Trump was listening to Olson as part of his efforts to subvert the 2020 election results
I was able to read the article by opening private browser window.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

as per tweet
Little-Known Lawyer Pitched Trump on Extreme Plans to Subvert Election
The role of William J. Olson in advising the president in late 2020, which has not previously been disclosed, shows how fringe figures were influencing him at a critical time.

By Maggie Haberman and Luke Broadwater
July 16, 2022 Updated 3:49 p.m. ET

Around 5 in the afternoon on Christmas Day in 2020, as many Americans were celebrating with family, President Donald J. Trump was at his Mar-a-Lago home in Palm Beach, Fla., on the phone with a little-known conservative lawyer who was encouraging his attempts to overturn the election, according to a memo the lawyer later wrote documenting the call.

The lawyer, William J. Olson, was promoting several extreme ideas to the president. Mr. Olson later conceded that part of his plan could be regarded as tantamount to declaring “martial law” and that another aspect could invite comparisons with Watergate. The plan included tampering with the Justice Department and firing the acting attorney general, Jeffrey A. Rosen, according to the Dec. 28 memo by Mr. Olson, titled “Preserving Constitutional Order.”

“Our little band of lawyers is working on a memorandum that explains exactly what you can do,” Mr. Olson wrote in his memo, obtained by The New York Times, which he marked “privileged and confidential” and sent to the president. “The media will call this martial law,” he wrote, adding that “that is ‘fake news.’”

The document highlights the previously unreported role of Mr. Olson in advising Mr. Trump as the president was increasingly turning to extreme, far-right figures outside the White House to pursue options that many of his official advisers had told him were impossible or unlawful, in an effort to cling to power.

The involvement of a person like Mr. Olson, who now represents the conspiracy theorist and MyPillow chief executive Mike Lindell, underscores how the system that would normally insulate a president from rogue actors operating outside of official channels had broken down within weeks after the 2020 election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/16/us/p ... ction.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

awww pooor dersh
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:10 pm awww pooor dersh
But was he blackballed for his connections to Trump or Epstein? Inquiring minds want to know.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

boo fucking hoo.
ImageImageImage x5
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:53 pm
► Show Spoiler
I remember this from March. What is his wisdom on Ukraine these days?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What does "most Jewish" even mean???
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pm What does "most Jewish" even mean???
He's not even wearing a yamaka. Not sure what he means by "most Jewish"...

Jewishness does not mean "not asshole". (See: Ben Shapiro -who wears a yamaka )
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:08 pm
SCOOP: According to a memo written by the conservative lawyer William Olson and sent to Trump at the end of Dec 2020, Trump was listening to Olson as part of his efforts to subvert the 2020 election results
I was able to read the article by opening private browser window.
Reminder: I am a subscriber and can unlock 10 articles a month. I think I am only halfway through my July allowance. So here you go.

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

The dude has sewn his lips to the arse of a man who gets to decide all by himself who is and who is not a Republican anymore, and makes his living now going on all the right-wing stations who get to exile people from the Republican party, and yet is upset that the Democratic Party doesn't particularly want him anymore.

:confuzzled: :shrug: :violin:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Why the hell invite a lawyer who keeps his underwear on?

Parties on Martha's Vineyard have standards, dude, and you no longer make the cut.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”