Live Coverage - Protests In Multiple Cities Over George Floyd's Death -- Moving Toward The White House 5/29 Onward

DejaMoo

Re: Live Coverage - Protests In Multiple Cities Over George Floyd's Death -- Moving Toward The White House 5/29 Onward

Post by DejaMoo »

South Minneapolis Powderhorn Park neighborhood safety plan, based on advice from an email the city sent to residents earlier today. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lQW ... njmdx7psbi
Secure your house, yourself, and be ready for fire

All lights on in your house
Secure trans cans and any outside detritus that could be used as fuel or projectiles
Fill your bathtub with water, have your hose extended from the house, have a filled bucket ready to go
Charge fire extinguishers and know how to use them
Purchase fire extinguishers
Watch the wind, be aware of embers
Consider exit plans, pack a bag for emergencies
Create barricades, with cars or moveable objects that can be moved for emergency responders
If you have roof access use it for a good line of sight
Secure basement windows, they can be hit with projectiles and used to start fires
Move vehicles off the street- Share parking spaces so people can get their cars off the street
Secure outside valuables like bikes
Sleep on the first floor for ease of escape
Dirt works on grease/accelerant fires, too

Watch out for neighbors with more needs
Do food runs for others without cars or access to suburban grocery stores
Who has mobility issues and might have hard time getting out
Lookout for those without technology like phones or internet or social media

Create a neighborhood watch

Decide collectively if you will be using firearms
Work in shifts
Buddy system of at LEAST two people
We are specifically looking for armed white men with guns
We are specifically looking for people who are causing damage to housing
We are monitoring out of state plates and vehicles parked that don’t belong on the block

If you feel safe, engage with a question, “Where are you headed?”
Carry noisemakers
Wear long sleeves, close toed shoes, helmet
Making large signs that show we are human beings that live in our houses
Identify who has capacity to physically engage
Pets inside
Charge your phone, make sure you have the capacity to take video
I've heard this bull before.

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: Live Coverage - Protests In Multiple Cities Over George Floyd's Death -- Moving Toward The White House 5/29 Onward

Post by Orlylicious »

God Bless John Lewis.
Peter Morley @morethanmySLE 6 minutes ago
Peter Morley Retweeted Jake Tapper

Just let these words sink in for a minute my fellow American Citizens. This is our President.

Our country's racism has been stoked since 2017. The chilling effects Trump's messages have been to immigrants and DACA have been unconscionable. We *will* CHANGE & remedy this in 2021!

Peter Morley added,Jake Tapper Verified account @jaketapper
Trump: “MAGA is make America great again. By the way, they love African-American people, they love black people. MAGA loves the black people.”

Orly Licious ‏ @Orly_licious
Replying to @morethanmySLE

True Peter. @repjohnlewis, a real leader: "I know your pain, your rage, your sense of despair & hopelessness. Justice has, indeed, been denied for far too long. Rioting, looting & burning are not the way. Organize. Demonstrate. Sit-in. Stand-up. Vote. Be constructive, not destructive"

Peter Morley‏ @morethanmySLE 1 minute ago
Replying to @Orly_licious @repjohnlewis

Thank you for this. 🙏
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Rioting in Pittsburgh. Port Authority Transit shut down all buses and subways. Curfew.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/alleghe ... XFOZVTDOY/

UPDATE 9:00 p.m.: Gov. Tom Wolf announced that the Commonwealth Response Coordination Center, which is already activated at the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency (PEMA) for the state’s COVID-19 response, has added extra staff to maintain situational awareness for the protests happening around the state, including here in Pittsburgh.

Wolf said his administration has been in touch with counties throughout the day, offering any needed assistance.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Among the 1000s of other reasons, this is really at the core of why I can never support him:
Trump: “MAGA is make America great again. By the way, they love African-American people, they love black people. MAGA loves the black people.”
Since day 1, he showed only wants to be president of his supporters and put up a barrier against the rest of the people. And he wants to keep that barrier intact. It's impossible to lead from that position, and in fact, the harder he tries, the more he becomes a follower.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Just got an emergency alert on my phone. Shelter in place. Curfew.

Watch Minneapolis action live on wcco.com

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

This is how it starts:

Rachel Iacovone
@racheliacovone
·
3h
Replying to
@racheliacovone
Following a peaceful protest so far, a scene has erupted in front of the Metro Nashville Police Central Precinct after water bottles were thrown at a squad car and one protestor climbed on top of it.
The police probably should have just let him stay up there being a dumbass till the crowd moved on

People are setting the Metro City Hall on Fire
#GeorgeFloydProtests #NashvilleProtest
@FOXNashville

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I went out about 6pm to see how Bloomington was doing and what the Mall of America looked like.

On the way to the Mall, I crossed the Old Shakopee bridge over Cedar Avenue (MN-77). It's about 1 mile south of the Mall. There were two vehicles stopped on the side of the bridge with their doors open. EIGHT Bloomington police vehicles were stopped around them, lights flashing. I have no idea if the cars had anything to do with agitators, but I just found that to be so unusual.

Concrete barriers blocked entrances to the Mall and I saw two police cars patrolling in that area. I saw several more police cars out and about on my drive around town.

I got home about 7pm. There's a National Guard Armory about 1/2 mile from my house. When I got home, there were about four dozen National Guard people in their parking lot along with at least several of their National Guard vehicles.

I really want things to just be quiet tonight in the Twin Cities.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

D1DCCE2C-8FA1-4034-A3B4-F38F974D6F1B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Free lance journalist got shot by the cops with "tracer". Permanently blind in one eye according to her twitter. I started following her during MNWR - she did some good reporting on that.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Peaceful protest in Seattle earlier, which turned to burning vehicles and looting, including Starbucks, Nordstrom, and Old Navy. They showed live shots of people just inside the broken Nordstrom window tossing goods out to people on the sidewalk (perfume, designer handbags, etc.)

I got an emergency siren text at 5:03 with notice of a 5:00 curfew city wide.

Live coverage here, although they are currently showing shots from earlier. https://www.kiro7.com/video/live-stream/
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

This man was incredible, CNN turned it around already. Please watch these if you can.

The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Who has the authority to call in the national guard in DC? The mayor?
-- Yoda

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Twin Cities media reporting that law enforcement had received intelligence that anarchist and accelerationist groups had intended tonight to take the action into residential neighborhoods. That is why they called in LEO from around the state and fully mobilized the National Guard. Current reports of incidents occurring in smaller cities in outstate Minnesota, LEO declining to provide details.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Salt Lake City

Guy goes down to the protest. Apparently is yelling "all lives matter" at the protesters. Gets out of his car, takes a hunting bow and arrow out of his back seat, points it at a couple black people. Apparently fires one arrow (no one hit). He get's tackled and beat pretty good as the crowd swarmed him. Police come and get him out of there. Crowd flips car and sets it on fire. (Karma doesn't normally visit that fast)

Here's the interview he did with local news. He doesn't mention he was trying to shoot arrows, of course.

SLCPD didn't arrest him, but said they have his information and charges are pending.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Funny how his report taken by the breathless SLC reporters doesn't match the video.
-- Yoda

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Wow.

William LeGate ‏Verified account @williamlegate 3 minutes ago

The Minneapolis PD website has been taken offline by Anonymous & they're threatening to take down any government website for any organization attacking protestors
ETA:

Site is back up… you can check the status of it here. Unclear if they regained access temporarily or if it'll go back offline
http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:49 pm
Wow.

The Minneapolis PD website has been taken offline by Anonymous & they're threatening to take down any government website for any organization attacking protestors
I just checked, it's up. But it's running behind Cloudflare with under attack status so there is an extra check to get in.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

SLQ wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:25 pm
Who has the authority to call in the national guard in DC? The mayor?
I don't know who's supposed to have authority, but MSNBC said it was SecDef.
Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Are there any Esso Gas Stations near the White House?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

More about the no-plate cars. Twin Cities cops are spotting lots of cars driving around with no plates. Pull them over, occupants run away. Search vehicles, find materials inside suggesting they have been looting and/or planning to commit arson and similar acts.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Whoa. Armed troops walking down streets in residential part of Mpls, shouting at neighbors standing on their porches to go inside. Opened fire, shooting paint canisters at the neighbors and also striking some people standing on their porches with batons. Because curfew order says we are supposed to stay indoors with doors and windows closed and locked.

Also: military drones used for surveillance.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious »

Even Pizzagate date rape denier and troll Mike Cernovich wants to know: #WhereIsTrump? Complete with #WhereIsTrump Poll.

Cern Jared.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”