International Effects of Covid-19

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
AndyinPA

Re: International Effects of Covid-19

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transpor ... ment-ends/
International travelers flying to the United States will no longer need to show proof of a negative coronavirus test before boarding their flights to the U.S., a senior Biden administration official said Friday, ending one of the nation’s last pandemic-related travel requirements.

The requirement will end at 12:01 a.m. Sunday.

The administration official, speaking on the condition of anonymity ahead of the announcement, said science and data show the requirement is no longer necessary. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will reassess the decision in 90 days and would reinstate the requirement if necessary, officials said.
This will be very welcomed! The US Government has already canceled the requirement for travelers coming back in from Canada. That's the only foreign country I'm going to this year, Victoria in July, Montreal in September. I'm flying to Montreal, so I'll have to figure out if I need tested to fly, but I am hopeful that with this, that might not be necessary. I am entering and leaving Canada in July by ferry, and they have already eased that testing for that.

"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow, GOT
keith
Occupation:: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder

Post by keith »

Why not just organise to have the test done and stop worrying about it?

Oh, I'm sorry. I guess the tests aren't free like in Ozzyland.

According to Woody Allen, Drew Barrymore sings so badly, deaf people refuse to watch her lips move.
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

keith wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:19 am Why not just organise to have the test done and stop worrying about it?

It's mostly just the timing and the hassle of it just before you are getting ready to travel.

"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow, GOT
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:06 pm
keith wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:19 am Why not just organise to have the test done and stop worrying about it?

It's mostly just the timing and the hassle of it just before you are getting ready to travel.
More hassle than getting covid?

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:41 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:06 pm

More hassle than getting covid?
Nope!

keith
Occupation:: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder

Post by keith »

Friend of mine just got back from 3 months in Europe (Austria, Italy, Israel). (He's Ukrainian, but he promised he would stay away - his daughter is working refugee services in Austria and he did help translate). Zero problem with Covid. Until he stepped off the plane in OZ. Nobody was wearing masks on the plane and he tested positive.

I went to work last Friday and forgot to put my mask on. I tested positive on Saturday.

According to Woody Allen, Drew Barrymore sings so badly, deaf people refuse to watch her lips move.
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Feel better soon!

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”