Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

I suppose that's true.

So my videographer, to whom I am happily married, could not unravel the mysteries of my GoPro while I was boogie boarding yesterday. In fairness, it's a little tiny camera and the controls are somewhat opaque, especially if you are standing in the surf with the Sun blazing overhead.

She did manage to take some video, including some excellent shots of the water in the Atlantical Ocean, and there's a good chance that I might be in one or more seconds of the video, but I didn't bring the adapter for the mini-card to put it in my computer, so I have to look at the little tiny screen on the back of the GoPro, and I can't see it enough to edit and post. I can't edit until I get home anyway, without the adapter.

Today the surf was much worse, and I might have been electrocuted if I tried to boogie board. :talktothehand:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is she aware of the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide??
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh sure, that's all we really talk about. :argument:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I don't even remember how ol' Wifehorn found this place, but we've been coming to this same resort for ten years now, and to this particular condo for the past 4 years. New owner this year, they redecorated a little, it's very nice. Previous owner told new owner how good of tenants we are, and when you invest in a rental property it's nice to have auto-enrolled customers.

Third floor walk-up, but we're still able to handle that. Small kitchen, we save a ton of money cooking for ourselves instead of eating out every meal, and then when we do eat out we can afford good food.

The beach is never really crowded, okay, yesterday was a little crowded but not like Florida beaches I've seen. Nobody within four meters of us. If we need city life, Myrtle is 45 minutes away, or less. We don't need much city life, just outlet malls and mini-golf.

People are friendly. What's not to like? OK, thunderstorms. :(

But we're on vacation, and life is good. :banana:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Today = bizzy

Leaving for the surf at 9:45, returning to the unit by 1:30, quick shower and change and off to Myrtle Beach. A visit to the outlet malls, and then I shall give ol' Wifehorn another lesson in mini-golf. Or she'll give me one, ya never know.

Then racing back in time for dinner and the Virtual Meetup tonight.

Whoa. I better rest up, huh. :koolaidsmall:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:39 am 1. We were in what we call "the Christmas store" and they wouldn't carry that one. It's a place where little kids and their grandparents are safe and happy and never think about the puppies.

2. It's just not me. It's just not who I am. 'Course, I could order one online, but y'know, most of my friends IRL are womenfolk, and I would never consider freeing any of their puppies, and I wouldn't ever want them to think I might.

3. Go away. It's the Forth of Jool-eye, and I just heard a big peal (?) of thunder. It's raining and I'm at the beach but we can't go to the beach today. :(
You can go to the beach to surf when it's raining cuz you can't get more wetterer.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

True dat, but drying off with a soaking wet towel and putting my soaking wet shirt on when I emerge are no fun. Walking 200 meters to the car whilst carrying a metal chair on my back and carrying a metal pole umbrella could be dangerous when lightning is striking nearby. And thunderstorms are not highly conducive to the production of melanin.

All in all, I'd prefer to be indoors. We had a good day just hanging out.

Today it's sunny and hot, just the way I like it.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

For the record, I'm reading all the posts about the mass shootings, and the crazy Republican asshats, and the rogue Supreme Court decisions, and the continued decline as this once-great nation swirls down the drain. But I'm burnt out by it all, and I'm on vacation, so I am trying not to think about reality this week. :cantlook:

And mañana we cut our vacation short to go to Arlington National Cemetery to bury my aunt. :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Tomorrow I will wake up in the third bed in three days. :(

AFK all day again, bye! :wave:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:58 am Tomorrow I will wake up in the third bed in three days. :(
Does Ol' Wifehorn know about this? :shock:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Drink responsibly.
Warpigs reduce 2.jpg
Warpigs reduce 2.jpg (185.69 KiB) Viewed 867 times
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:15 am
Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:58 am Tomorrow I will wake up in the third bed in three days. :(
Does Ol' Wifehorn know about this? :shock:
Oh, she's followin' me around. I've driven almost 800 miles with her since last Saturday.

We had a good, but truncated vacation. We're good at vacation. Now we're in Bathysphere or wherever it is, at my dad's condo. Tomorrow we bury my aunt's ashes in Arlington Nat'l. Cemetery, followed by a celebration of her life here in the retirement community. Then we'll be heading home on Sunday. Both our sons are watching the place for us this year.

Now, I gotta go through the video and photos from the beach, see what I have. I finally have the adapter to pull the little micro-SD card out of the GoPro and I can see what's on it.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Ol' Wifehorn heads down to the Atlantic Waterway, with the Mannon C. Gore Bridge overhead.

sb22_gore.png
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

In just a few moments of muttering and puttering, I have taught myself how to do livestreams to Facebook with my GoPro Hero 7 Black, an oldie but a goodie (they're up to GoPro Hero 10 now).

It isn't easy, and it requires using an app on your phone to control the camera.

But it's GoPro, much better than a phone. I even have an external mike for it. I'm way more dangerous than I was yesterday.

Wait'll they get a load of me settin' in a lawn chair for hours. :yawn:

If anyone comes a'callin', I might have a flyer or sumpin'. :oldman:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy is dark Rooster!! No livestreaming Fogbow Meet-ups!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I drove 1,075.6 miles (1,731 km) in nine days. If'n I had driven in a straight line, I'd be partway to Portugal (and deeply underwater).

But I'm taking the rest of the day off. No more driving until Dancing With Barbells a las ocho y cuarenta de la mañana.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

That last 0.6 mile was the killer, I imagine. Get some rest. We'll return to our normal abuse schedule of you in the morning.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:21 pm I drove 1,075.6 miles (1,731 km) in nine days. If'n I had driven in a straight line, I'd be partway to Portugal (and deeply underwater).

But I'm taking the rest of the day off. No more driving until Dancing With Barbells a las ocho y cuarenta de la mañana.
Foggy,

If'n your morning class is at 8:40, you need a quick refresher course in español:

"A las nueve menos veinte." Them Spaniards use subtraction for time that that is more than thirty minutes past the hour. "At nine minus (or less) twenty" is how it is said from Mexico to Spain and ever-where in between.

Or, as I learned decades ago from the mellifluous baritone of Bill Ballance whilst listening to KFWB (color radio) "twenty minutes prior to nine o'clock."
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

:yeahthat: Sí, lo que dijo
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Got my teeth cleaned today. Then they tried to hustle me. :mad:

The lady says I have some plaque. OK, next she's going to tell me to brush more often, amirite?

No, she says I need to come in and get my teeth cleaned every four months instead of every six months. Don't worry about brushing, we'll clean them for you. (she didn't say that out loud, but she didn't suggest I brush more)

I said no, I wasn't going to change to every four months. They pull that crap on everybody and their teeth cleanings go up 50% just like that!

When that didn't work, she waited until the dentist came in, and she told him that I need to come in every four months, and he says "Makes sense!" like it was all pre-planned. He's a terrible actor.

And when that didn't work, the lady followed me to the front desk and told her that I needed another appointment in four months, and the receptionist looked at me sweetly and said, "Four months, then?"

I did not say anything obscene, but I conveyed the message that I was not going to be hustled into coming back in four months. I conveyed that message in a way that they will not forget for a while. I don't appreciate the hard sell, and I'm not shy about making it stop.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

There were 38 people in my weightlifting class this morning, a huge crowd.

Only one person out of the 38 remembered that, way back in late May or early June, our instructor announced that on July 20, she was going to have her braces removed from her teeth. I don't know why I remember these things when nobody else does. She isn't even my favorite fitness instructor, although she's excellent at what she does. But I remembered before I started getting ready to go to the gym.

Weird. :think: :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Couple weeks back, ol' Wifehorn was pondering a new rug for the dining room table. She got out the tape measure and together we measured the existing rug.

Then she went online and ordered a rug that doesn't fit, because it's the wrong size, and I have asked but I'm still not entirely clear why she ordered the wrong size after I helped her measure the damned thing, but she isn't dumb so :shrug:

Life's little mysteries. ;)

Now she thinks the new rug will fit in her office (it will fit), a galaxy of new worlds where no rug has gone before. So today (I think) we're going to have to move everything out of her office and then back in again.

We must take advantage of having two strong young men in the house, they leave next month. :shock:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Wifehorn is a lucky woman. My family just laughs if I need something like that. Move furniture? Not in your life!!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

As long as we provide food, clothing, and shelter, they must obey.

And work. :mrgreen:

They're making $15/hr. at work and we're letting them save it all for school expenses this year. They're getting a good deal even if they have to move furniture.

:smoking:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Neither of my children know how to fix a flat tire on a bicycle or do basic bicycle maintenance. :blackeyebig:

That's another thing that must be remedied before we send them to college with bicycles, so today is Bicycle Infrastructure Week.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”