trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:27 am
"Based on his interactions with the former president, Holder said he thought Trump was "delusional" and lives in "cloud cuckoo land." He added that he believed Trump was also "incredibly dangerous" because he never accepts blame and is "always right."

Donald Trump is not a rational player. I mean, he just isn't," Holder said. "You can't have a conversation with him in the same way that you can have a conversation with most other people. He is somebody that lives in a different reality."
And how many millions think of him as the Republican Messiah? I will be eternally bumfuzzled as to WHY. I can’t even begin to pretend to see it.
Um.. Roe v Wade was overturned. That's why they see it. They never needed somebody who could do things, just someone who would help get judges who would reverse their hated rulings from SCOTUS.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

January 6th Witnesses Received Threatening Calls From Mystery Man Named John Barron
WASHINGTON — Several witnesses who agreed to testify before the January 6th committee received threatening phone calls from a mystery man who identified himself as “John Barron,” the witnesses have reported.
According to Cassidy Hutchinson, who appeared before the committee this week, “Mr. Barron said that it was important for me to be ‘very nice and not a nasty woman.’”
Barron instructed her to testify that Donald J. Trump had been “treated very unfairly” and that “frankly, he did win the election,” Hutchinson said.
Before hanging up, Barron dangled a reward for Hutchinson’s loyalty. “Barron said that Trump would praise me in front of a huge crowd—the hugest crowd in the history of crowds,” she said.
Edit: Oopsie, I should have previewed, but glad I quoted. Andy Borowitz post on FB.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

for the record, old spillover from Kash Patel thread
Trump Wants Children's Book Defending 'King Donald' In 'Every School In America'
The fairytale "The Plot Against the King" erases the Kremlin's interference in the 2016 election.

Mary Papenfuss
Jun 5, 2022, 09:35 PM EDT | Updated Jun 6, 2022

Former President Donald Trump is peddling a children’s book written by a former member of his administration that stars “King Donald” and reimagines a kingdom where the “Russionians” weren’t a factor in the 2016 election.

Now Trump wants to distribute the book to children across the land. “Let’s put this amazing book in every school in America,” Trump posted on Truth Social last week.

“The Plot Against the King” was written by Republican and Trump loyalist Kash Patel, the former president’s hand-picked Pentagon chief of staff.

Conservative publisher Brave Books is presenting the work as both fairytale and fact. It calls the book a “fantastical retelling of the terrible true story.”

“A key player in uncovering one of our nation’s biggest injustices tells the whole story — for kids! Kash Patel ..... brings a fantastical retelling of Hillary’s horrible plot against Trump to the whole family,” says a statement by the publisher. Patel says in his own statement that he believes it’s important for people to know the truth in the fairytale.

The book focuses on an evil plot by mean “Hillary Queenton” and her “shifty knights” to reveal that King Donald was working with the “Russionians” to cheat his way into the Oval Office. Patel himself appears in the book as a “wizard” who attempts to prove King Donald was wrongly accused.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/plot-aga ... 84bdd1555e
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Gag me with a Ginsu.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:sick:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I had to look closely to make sure the King Donald book wasn't a spoof. My gawd.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Last time I looked, Amazon reviews were pretty brutal :twisted:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump has been attacking Republicans all morning on Truth Social.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I remember reading awhile ago that Trump loved to tell the story of The Snake. Too bad his followers did not realize that Trump is the snake in the story.

The Snake
There is a story Donald Trump liked to tell on the campaign trail. The story of the snake.

The fable goes like this. A “tender-hearted” woman finds a wounded snake on the road. She takes it in and nurses it back to health. The snake, revived, bites her. The woman, dying, asks why.

Trump loves recounting the story. He makes a performance out of it. He puts on his reading glasses. He lingers on the antiquated, florid language. And when he reaches the climax, he delivers the punchline with particular showmanship, deepening his voice and switching to a sharp, declarative cadence.

“‘Oh, shut up, silly woman,’ said the reptile with a grin. ‘You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.’”

“Does that make sense to anyone?” Trump says to cheers.

The fable of the snake, in Trump’s rallies, was about Syrian refugees. For that issue, it is worse than useless — it is slander. Precisely zero Syrian refugees have launched terrorist attacks against the United States of America. But the fable of the snake is not without value. It is a powerful metaphor for Donald Trump’s presidency.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:47 am I remember reading awhile ago that Trump loved to tell the story of The Snake. Too bad his followers did not realize that Trump is the snake in the story.

The Snake
There is a story Donald Trump liked to tell on the campaign trail. The story of the snake.

The fable goes like this. A “tender-hearted” woman finds a wounded snake on the road. She takes it in and nurses it back to health. The snake, revived, bites her. The woman, dying, asks why.

Trump loves recounting the story. He makes a performance out of it. He puts on his reading glasses. He lingers on the antiquated, florid language. And when he reaches the climax, he delivers the punchline with particular showmanship, deepening his voice and switching to a sharp, declarative cadence.

“‘Oh, shut up, silly woman,’ said the reptile with a grin. ‘You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in.’”

“Does that make sense to anyone?” Trump says to cheers.

The fable of the snake, in Trump’s rallies, was about Syrian refugees. For that issue, it is worse than useless — it is slander. Precisely zero Syrian refugees have launched terrorist attacks against the United States of America. But the fable of the snake is not without value. It is a powerful metaphor for Donald Trump’s presidency.
Sounds like a variation on the story about the frog and the scorpion, in which the scorpion asks the frog to carry him on his back across a body of water, only to sting the frog halfway across. As they are both drowing, the frog asks the scorpion why he stung him, and the scorpion replies "I'm a scorpion. Its my nature".

In either case, the story fits Donald Trump to a T (no pun intended).
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Yeah - why did a democratic nation grant immigration status to the T elders only to have their decendants sabotage the institution. :blackeye:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I read a rumor somewhere that he's going to announce tomorrow, July 4.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:44 pm I read a rumor somewhere that he's going to announce tomorrow, July 4.
That's what I heard, too. I hope not. We don't need the holiday ruined any more than it already is.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

There was a discussion on MSNBC that Trump will announce that he's running so he can avoid a criminal arrest. Or somethin' like that. IMHO I believe he's counting on SCOTUS to throw out election officials and substitute state houses so they can make tfg president despite him losing at the ballot box. THe coup continues....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Meh. Independence Day is dead to me for now. He might as well.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Lani wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 pm There was a discussion on MSNBC that Trump will announce that he's running so he can avoid a criminal arrest. Or somethin' like that. IMHO I believe he's counting on SCOTUS to throw out election officials and substitute state houses so they can make tfg president despite him losing at the ballot box. THe coup continues....
I think it's more likely he wants to disrupt the power play DeSantis is making, to put DeSantis 'in his place'.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Azastan wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:48 pm
Lani wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:32 pm There was a discussion on MSNBC that Trump will announce that he's running so he can avoid a criminal arrest. Or somethin' like that. IMHO I believe he's counting on SCOTUS to throw out election officials and substitute state houses so they can make tfg president despite him losing at the ballot box. THe coup continues....
I think it's more likely he wants to disrupt the power play DeSantis is making, to put DeSantis 'in his place'.
That certainly makes sense. While Florida's Resign-to-Run law carves out the Presidential race, DeSantis would have to decide whether to declare early himself, but in the process make it easy for his opponents and critics to use his in-his-own-words presidential aspirations against him in the gubernatorial race; or stay in his lane and lose ground in the '24 GOP Primary race.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Didn't Sarah Palin quit on the 4th of July? Trump should take note.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wow, good memory, PaulG!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Fulton County Special Grand Jury subpoenarama begins.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/fulton-gra ... LKA7TIQQM/
Fulton grand jury subpoenas Giuliani, Graham, Trump confidantes

In addition to Giuliani, among those being summoned are John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesbro and Jenna Ellis, all of whom advised Trump on strategies for overturning Democrat Joe Biden’s wins in Georgia and other swing states.

The grand jury also subpoenaed South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of Trump’s top allies in the U.S. Senate, and attorney and podcast host Jacki Pick Deason.

The subpoenas, were filed July 5 and signed off by Fulton Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who is overseeing the special grand jury. Unlike subpoenas issued to Georgians, the summons were required to receive McBurney’s blessing since they are for people who reside outside the state.

The 23-person special grand jury has heard testimony in recent weeks from a parade of witnesses, including some who had direct contact with Trump and his associates. But Tuesday’s subpoenas are the closest jurors have gotten to the inner circle of the former president.
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Progress?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

dan1100 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:06 pm Fulton County Special Grand Jury subpoenarama begins.

https://www.ajc.com/politics/fulton-gra ... LKA7TIQQM/
Fulton grand jury subpoenas Giuliani, Graham, Trump confidantes

In addition to Giuliani, among those being summoned are John Eastman, Cleta Mitchell, Kenneth Chesbro and Jenna Ellis, all of whom advised Trump on strategies for overturning Democrat Joe Biden’s wins in Georgia and other swing states.

The grand jury also subpoenaed South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of Trump’s top allies in the U.S. Senate, and attorney and podcast host Jacki Pick Deason.

The subpoenas, were filed July 5 and signed off by Fulton Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney, who is overseeing the special grand jury. Unlike subpoenas issued to Georgians, the summons were required to receive McBurney’s blessing since they are for people who reside outside the state.

The 23-person special grand jury has heard testimony in recent weeks from a parade of witnesses, including some who had direct contact with Trump and his associates. But Tuesday’s subpoenas are the closest jurors have gotten to the inner circle of the former president.
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Without getting into anything else, including the Mouse of Mar A Grifto being prosecuted, I don't see how Miss Lindsey doesn't get indicted here.

Just my 20,000 Dinars.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:?: What happens if Lindsey, or any of them, refuse to go to GA and testify? Does GA prosecutor/grand jury have any legal remedies to go after them?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”