Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

Uninformed

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Uninformed »

I’m quite happy to believe that tfg has tantrums etc, but the idea that he would put himself in even the remotest chance of personal harm by going to the Capitol building just doesn’t ring true. Is it possible that Oranto made up the story about tfg wanting to drive there (although he said he would march with the crowd) to cover for the fact he had absolutely no intention of doing so?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:51 am I’m quite happy to believe that tfg has tantrums etc, but the idea that he would put himself in even the remotest chance of personal harm by going to the Capitol building just doesn’t ring true. Is it possible that Oranto made up the story about tfg wanting to drive there (although he said he would march with the crowd) to cover for the fact he had absolutely no intention of doing so?
I absolutely think he had every intention of going to the Capitol. He craves the attention of being front and center and does not have the brain power to realize he's putting himself in a bad position. I doubt he had any idea, or cared, what would happen once he got there. All he was thinking was that the crowd was moving and he wanted to be leading the parade.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

For what little it's worth - I'd go with Sugar's opinion on this.

Trump is an unusual guy in an unusual position: so much fame, so much power, yet so little talent, so little empathy. He isn't one of us, he doesn't see the world anything like we do. Travel to the Serengeti and you will find both zebras munching grass and dung beetles with their meals of dung, geographically in the same place, yet actually in very different worlds. Trump is a giant pile of dung, his followers are the dung beetles. Decent folk are the zebras.

I'm not sure that my analogy is helpful, but, hey, I'm not here to help! :biggrin:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

OK.

who had a bisexual affair between Karl Rove and Ali Alexander on their bingo card?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

As I said last week, of course Trump was trying to get to the Capitol. A coup leader must be there to bless the new order birthed by violence and be acclaimed as savior by the crowd.
I saw her interview last week (CNN? MSNBC? I forget :oldlady: ). Her argument makes sense to me.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:46 am OK.

who had a bisexual affair between Karl Rove and Ali Alexander on their bingo card?
WHAT NOW?!?!?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Junior calls Cassidy Hutchinson a “coffee girl,” while her boss Mark Meadows remains silent.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The US could make a little headway against the deficit if they’d sell tickets to the Trump Family Perp Walk. And vendors selling overripe fruit.

I’d pay some bucks for that.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Good you mentioned fruit, I was aleady scared that the egg supply get a shortage for when the peoples cavalary want to storm and take D.C. (just in case they can convince their mechanicle critters to move out of the roadside camp) :twisted:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:53 pm
Trump allies have been trying to frame Cassidy Hutchinson's role in the White House as "low level."

But two former Trump White House aides tell me that senior White House aides were bumped off Air Force One so that Hutchinson could have a seat.

Meadows required she be on board.
This is their sloppy way of trying to discredit her because she is not an aide for policies the way the senior White House aides are (though they are usually relegated to the second floor or the EEOC). While her position is not one that has decision-making authority, or authority over a staff, her position placed in a position to see way more than senior aides to the WH.

As a personal aide she is:

1. The CoS's calendar, to do list, etc.
2. She is the CoS's shadow and is often anywhere he is or not too far behind.
3. She is the CoS's smart phone
4. She is the CoS's primary meeting note taker. While there may be "official" notes taken by others, her notes would lean on what he needed to remember later, or things done or said that he may not have caught.
5. She is the one who makes sure the Chief has the right outfit at the right event, with the right speech.

Never piss off a personal aide if you ever want a meeting or approval from the boss.

She would have been everywhere and seen nearly everything. Pecking order does not matter. It is location, location, location in this story.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tony Ornato should’ve learned from the example of Dan Scavino that the best way to get hired on as Trump’s body man is to work as his golf caddie first.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:45 am
Junior calls Cassidy Hutchinson a “coffee girl,” while her boss Mark Meadows remains silent.
Taking a break from editing a Japenese genetics article (in English). So many verbs, so many clauses.... Busman's honeymoon here, especially since I actually suck at the fine points of grammar and sentence structure:

1. It's pretty surreal watching the CNNs of the world still pretending

2. that there aren't multiple actual witnesses willing to testify

3. that the fake bombshell hearsay testimony

4. [implied "that"] they're [the CNNs] salivating over isn't demonstrably false and

5. that their dream witness/coffee girl perjured herself.

So what hung me up was the "isn't demonstrably false", which seems like it should be "is demonstrably false". Or should it? The jumble of dependent clauses unwinds to "There aren't..witnesses willing to testify that the...testimony...isn't false."

Or does it? So is there a double negative at play? Fascinating. Surreal, even.

So the point he's making is that the CNNs are pretending there aren't witnesses willing to testify that the testimony _is_ false. Right?

...that the CNNs are pretending there aren't witnesses willing to testify that the testimony isn't demonstrably false...

Nah....
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Re: Cheney's Reagan Library speech
Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:23 am Then she loses it when she talks about American exceptionalism
Yeah, that kinda rhetoric turns me off, along with some of the other GOP talking points, blaming inflation on Biden, etc. I'll give her a little benefit of doubt as you gotta put some sugar in your spice. On the positive side, her praise for Hutchinson and denigration of Trump was received with applause, which may be a positive indicator, perhaps.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:29 am For what little it's worth - I'd go with Sugar's opinion on this.

Trump is an unusual guy in an unusual position: so much fame, so much power, yet so little talent, so little empathy. He isn't one of us, he doesn't see the world anything like we do. Travel to the Serengeti and you will find both zebras munching grass and dung beetles with their meals of dung, geographically in the same place, yet actually in very different worlds. Trump is a giant pile of dung, his followers are the dung beetles. Decent folk are the zebras.

I'm not sure that my analogy is helpful, but, hey, I'm not here to help! :biggrin:
TL:DR

nailed it
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:09 pm The US could make a little headway against the deficit if they’d sell tickets to the Trump Family Perp Walk. And vendors selling overripe fruit.

I’d pay some bucks for that.
Petrified eggs and I'm in.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Tony Ornato should’ve learned from the example of Dan Scavino that the best way to get hired on as Trump’s body man is to work as his golf caddie first.
Still doesn't get you Governor of New York.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Lordy, are there tapes?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Very interesting. Now, for some more angles.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Looks interesting anyway.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

In some ways I wish they had not elicited that part of her testimony. It's too easy for people to focus on that part where she's repeating what someone else says happened and forget that she personally heard Trump get furious over the fact that armed people were not allowed to get closer for the photo opp. And, knowing they were armed, deliberately fired them up, told them they have to "fight" for what they want, and encouraged them to go down to the Capitol. That is far more important than some second hand story that he grabbed at the steering wheel and then lunged at his SS. Which I actually do believe is more likely than not to be true, but that's beside the point.
--Colin Kaepernick
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

What I find fascinating is that he said and did these things, yet the SS managed to tell him 'no' and went back to the White House. This is someone who doesn't like not being in control, but is caretakers were able to do so and he listened?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”