Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

Tony Ornato lied about me too. During the protests at Lafayette sq in 2020, I told Mark Meadows & Ornato they needed to warn press staged there before clearing the square. Meadows replied: “we aren’t doing that.” Tony later lied &said the exchange never happened. He knows it did.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:05 pm https://twitter.com/Alyssafarah/status/ ... 9383402498
Tony Ornato lied about me too. During the protests at Lafayette sq in 2020, I told Mark Meadows & Ornato they needed to warn press staged there before clearing the square. Meadows replied: “we aren’t doing that.” Tony later lied &said the exchange never happened. He knows it did.
I find it difficult to believe that someone tfg hired as deputy chief of staff would have a history of lying.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:02 pm Is DC still allowed to have gun laws under the new Sup. Ct. gunz everywhere decision?
Strangely enough, as DC is not a State, my money says a "originalist Justice" would say none of that would apply to the District.

Hell, announce that and see if the Republicans make DC a state to get around that before they realize they just made DC a state to get around that.

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 pm Breaking on air, haven't seen a link yet.

J6 Panel subpoenas Pat Cipollone.
Sorry about the crappy image, best I've seen so far.

P.S. Suspicion on the street is that Cipollone asked for this so he could :shrug: guess I gotta testify, sorry folks.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:44 pm
bob wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:50 pm

:brickwallsmall:
Which is, of course, EXACTLY what the SS is tasked to do, trained to do, authorized to do, and will do.

This is my take on what Pence meant when he said he wasn't getting into the limo because he didn't trust the SS driver. Pence was adamant that he wanted to stay to complete the job he was there to do, but the driver job is to ensure the safety of the VP at all costs and the best way to do that would be to get him the heck away from there as soon as possible.
It also fits that Pence was afraid to get in the Limo because Trump's plan was for the limo to take him away, so Grassley would could take over the Joint Session as President Pro Tem and do what Pence refused to.

:think:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am
keith wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:34 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:49 pm

I think Dean, though Butterfield is a good parallel too. But she had face to face testimony, so Dean. Maybe the videographer, or the absent WH photographer, will turn out to be Butterfield.
Butterfield had face-to-face testimony - live on TV - I watched it live and remember it like it was 49 years ago.
And well I know it! I rewatched the entire Senate hearings last year (COVID comfort binging). Twice. I mean (by face to face) that Butterfield did not provide testimony involving the cover up plans or actions. He was not part of the coverup. Just the technical detail that there were recording devices. Sorry! I worded that badly.

BTW, Butterfield is and was a hell of a character. There are a few incredible youtubes out there of talks he gave a few years ago on the subject of Nixon. Worth a watch for fellow Watergate addicts!

The bombshell that Nixon had a taping system was not discovered on the nationally televised hearing we all remember, but the day before in a closed session. When they found out, they had him (also an unscheduled public witness) come back the next day to say it all again on TV.

His initial answer in the closed session started "I have been afraid you were going to ask that".

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

McCarthy says this hearsay wouldn’t be allowed in a court of law. Watters asks McCarthy if he is going to look at whether Hutchinson perjured herself
Benghazi on steroids.
raison de arizona

Huh. Last night when I heard McCarthy on Fox he was talking about going after the Bidens for Russian hookers. I dunno how he's going to fit in prosecuting Hutchinson for perjury as well, he seems like a pretty one-track guy.
raison de arizona

I mean, he forgot Known Liar Tony Ornato, but yeah. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy.
Adam Parkhomenko @AdamParkhomenko wrote: I didn’t realize until just now that Tony Ornato, the Deputy White House Chief of Staff that Cassidy Hutchinson delivered a message to and had no idea what he did with it, is CURRENTLY an Assistant Director at the United States Secret Service.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Reality Check wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:48 am
p0rtia wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am :snippity:
And well I know it! I rewatched the entire Senate hearings last year (COVID comfort binging). Twice. I mean (by face to face) that Butterfield did not provide testimony involving the cover up plans or actions. He was not part of the coverup. Just the technical detail that there were recording devices. Sorry! I worded that badly.

BTW, Butterfield is and was a hell of a character. There are a few incredible youtubes out there of talks he gave a few years ago on the subject of Nixon. Worth a watch for fellow Watergate addicts!
You are correct. I was in college then and working a summer job. The hearings were replayed every evening on PBS as I recall. Butterfield was called to verify the existence of a secret recording system in the Oval Office. That set off a chain of events that eventually brought down Nixon. The Watergate committee subpoenaed the tapes and the case eventually went to the Supreme Court where Nixon lost. By that time the House impeachment hearings were up and running.

Nixon had released edited transcripts of the tapes that left out all the incriminating parts. Once the full tapes were released Nixon's goose was cooked.

I still detest Ford for pardoning Nixon before he at least had to elocute his crimes. That really stunk.
Not quite right. The case of whether Congress had the power to enforce a Subpoena for the Watergate Tapes was never decided. The case was actually because Judge John Sirica, acting on a request from Leon Jaworski, issued a subpoena for the tapes of 64 presidential conversations to use as evidence in the criminal cases against indicted former Nixon administration officials. Nixon refused, and Jaworski appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court to force Nixon to turn over the tapes. On July 24, 1974, the Supreme Court ordered Nixon to release the tapes. The 8–0 ruling (Justice William Rehnquist recused himself because he had worked for attorney general John N. Mitchell) in United States v. Nixon found that President Nixon was wrong in arguing that courts are compelled to honor, without question, any presidential claim of executive privilege. The tapes were turned over because they were "best evidence" in a criminal case, not because Congress wanted them.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:30 pm This is the only Ty Cobb I want to hear about.
FWIW by all accounts he was kind of a bastard, too.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:51 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:30 pm This is the only Ty Cobb I want to hear about.
FWIW by all accounts he was kind of a bastard, too.
Yeah, but he was OUR (Detroit's) bastard.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump allies have been trying to frame Cassidy Hutchinson's role in the White House as "low level."

But two former Trump White House aides tell me that senior White House aides were bumped off Air Force One so that Hutchinson could have a seat.

Meadows required she be on board.
raison de arizona

Well this could be a thing.
raison de arizona

With all this Nixon talk, imma just put this out there...

Not enough ketchup.
raison de arizona

Liz Cheney reportedly gave a barn burner of a speech at the Reagan Library tonight ripping tfg up one side and down the other. If anyone sees any video of it floating about, please post, please and thank you!
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

https://www.c-span.org/video/?521290-1/ ... an-library

She starts at 6:30, gets cooking around 16:00.
raison de arizona

A good breakdown of how the Tony Ornato/Bobby Engel show show worked.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: “Donald Trump politicized the Secret Service in a way that no other president had before”
raison de arizona

busterbunker wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 pm https://www.c-span.org/video/?521290-1/ ... an-library

She starts at 6:30
:thumbsup: THanks!
raison de arizona

Yeah, and? Who cares what they say, let's hear from known liar Tony Ornato under oath, that's the testimony that is apparently in question. Of all things. Is he ready to testify under oath? Because let's hear it, if you wanna say Hutchinson is lying about what he said to her, then you have to ask him, not the driver.
raison de arizona

Huh, interesting.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

busterbunker wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 pm https://www.c-span.org/video/?521290-1/ ... an-library

She starts at 6:30, gets cooking around 16:00.
Then she loses it when she talks about American exceptionalism.... over baked :flag: :yankyank: :sick:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:17 am Huh, interesting.
:?:
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:20 pm
SuzieC wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:02 pm Is DC still allowed to have gun laws under the new Sup. Ct. gunz everywhere decision?
Strangely enough, as DC is not a State, my money says a "originalist Justice" would say none of that would apply to the District.

Hell, announce that and see if the Republicans make DC a state to get around that before they realize they just made DC a state to get around that.

:rotflmao:
The very same rationale, but in reverse was tried by various of the more Democratic party led states post the DC v Heller decision.

"So what if the decision says the 2nd Amendment needs consistent, less politically guided application. DC isn't a state, DC v Heller was about DC only (no it wasn't) so neener... neener doesn't apply to us"

Which led directly to McDonald vs. City of Chicago, two years later that put, in kindergarden wording, no, it applies to all States.

As to the whole DC isn't a state, disenfranchising of a whole lot of folks, a massively dysfunctional legal and law enforcement environment between local, DC, federal etc (at least 27 at last count).....A whole threadjack on its own..... :brickwallsmall:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:35 pm https: //twitter.com/Acyn/status/1542287180487352328
McCarthy says this hearsay wouldn’t be allowed in a court of law. Watters asks McCarthy if he is going to look at whether Hutchinson perjured herself
Benghazi on steroids.
It's the whole theory / hypothesis semantics again.

Declare a statement or concept invalid by distorting the common misuse over the proper use of a single word.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”