trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Jim

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Jim »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:10 am Think they're starting to regret the vanity documentary project?
Trump regretting something that strokes his vanity? No way!

They just regret not making sure they retained the rights to the film and not the film maker. Then they could have tied it up for years.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:28 am You'll find the Cross by the Crossroads in Effingham because nothing says "We are worthy" quite like a twenty story aluminum sided cross by the highway.

america-s-largest-cross.jpeg
Reminds me a little of the Papal Cross in the Phoenix park in Dublin. Which is 116 feet high. And tasteful.

papal-cross.jpg
papal-cross.jpg (76.26 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
Hic sunt dracones
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:49 pm
northland10 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 pm :violin:
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:43 pm Mary Miller is from a Chicago suburb.
She was born in Oak Park (Western burb right next to Chicago) and graduated high school in Naperville (SW Burbs) but she married Chris Miller who is from Oakland, IL (in Southern Illinois) back in the 80s, I think.
Its not important where she's from geographically, the problem lies in her being from 1952.
osm-intl,6,39.7,-89.3,250x350.png
osm-intl,6,39.7,-89.3,250x350.png (26.8 KiB) Viewed 1289 times

To be fair, most of her district is still in 1952. I grew up about 5 miles from its western edge so I know the area well. With the exception of a few decent sized towns this is an incredibly rural area. The three largest towns, Danville, Mattoon and Effingham were either mining or minor manufacturing centers at one time but nearly all of those operations have closed over the years. They all thought Trump was going to bring the high paying jobs back. They still think it might happen.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:36 am osm-intl,6,39.7,-89.3,250x350.png

To be fair, most of her district is still in 1952. I grew up about 5 miles from its western edge so I know the area well. With the exception of a few decent sized towns this is an incredibly rural area. The three largest towns, Danville, Mattoon and Effingham were either mining or minor manufacturing centers at one time but nearly all of those operations have closed over the years. They all thought Trump was going to bring the high paying jobs back. They still think it might happen.
Small world. I spent ~3 months of every year growing up on my Grandpa's farm, in the NE area-ish of the shaded box. Rural AF. Wasn't there for the tfg years, but can only imagine. I was there for the John Deere mess(es) in the 80s.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

They all thought Trump was going to bring the high paying jobs back.
He never even gave it a moment’s thought after the election, did he? “Promises kept”

And yet because he hated on the same people they do, it was no big deal. No jobs? At least he’s owning the Libs.
raison de arizona

tfg announced he's going to Alaska to hold a rally against Murkowski, since she voted to impeach him. Maybe they'll keep him. He can sit on Palin's porch and look out at Russia.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 pm
He never even gave it a moment’s thought after the election, did he? “Promises kept”

And yet because he hated on the same people they do, it was no big deal. No jobs? At least he’s owning the Libs.
Folks in WV we're convinced he would bring coal mining jobs back too = cause he said so. They didnt like it when I told them it wouldn’t happen, coal comes from WY now, and WV has wasted 30 years opportunity to rejig their economy.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Remember Ohio? Don't sell your houses now. :oopsy:

Of course, nothing embarrasses DFO.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

keith wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:27 pm Folks in WV we're convinced he would bring coal mining jobs back too = cause he said so. They didnt like it when I told them it wouldn’t happen, coal comes from WY now, and WV has wasted 30 years opportunity to rejig their economy.
The real question here is, what do they think now? Are they ready to vote for him again? Rusty Bowers is. Bill Barr is. And tfg arguably screwed those two (and many more) over worse.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:36 am
Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:49 pm
northland10 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 pm :violin:
She was born in Oak Park (Western burb right next to Chicago) and graduated high school in Naperville (SW Burbs) but she married Chris Miller who is from Oakland, IL (in Southern Illinois) back in the 80s, I think.
Its not important where she's from geographically, the problem lies in her being from 1952.

osm-intl,6,39.7,-89.3,250x350.png

Her new district is:
Il 15th.jpg
Il 15th.jpg (39.9 KiB) Viewed 1130 times
Rodney Davis represents the soon-to-be former 13th which is part of the western part of the new district. it was a bit of a toss-up district but in the new redistricting the East St. Louis, Springfield, Decatur, Champaign portion is the new, very thin and long, 13th with most of the rest being combined with the old 15th. Dems can gerrymander as well as Republicans. He lost the primary to Miller.
101010 :towel:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:49 pm
Her new district is:
Il 15th.jpg
Rodney Davis represents the soon-to-be former 13th which is part of the western part of the new district. it was a bit of a toss-up district but in the new redistricting the East St. Louis, Springfield, Decatur, Champaign portion is the new, very thin and long, 13th with most of the rest being combined with the old 15th. Dems can gerrymander as well as Republicans. He lost the primary to Miller.
OK, I hadn't seen the new map. Holy crap, that's a mess. They managed to remove Danville and Effingham from that disaster and maybe even Mattoon, though I can't tell from the map. That's an incredibly rural district and waaay worse than it was. This shit really shouldn't be allowed whether it's Dems or Reps.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

keith wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:27 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 pm

Folks in WV we're convinced he would bring coal mining jobs back too = cause he said so. They didnt like it when I told them it wouldn’t happen, coal comes from WY now, and WV has wasted 30 years opportunity to rejig their economy.
Coal Jobs shrank in his 4 years. Automation is to blame for that one. Today you can do a job with 20 people that would take Thousands to do before.

Steel working jobs stayed about the same, but only because new plants opening replaced Plants that were closing, and Twump didn't lift a finger about it other than slapping tarrifs everywhere which wrecked their markets.
Hic sunt dracones
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:35 pm tfg announced he's going to Alaska to hold a rally against Murkowski, since she voted to impeach him. Maybe they'll keep him. He can sit on Palin's porch and look out at pine for Russia.
FIFY.....
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Is the Putin loving, Russian grovelling thing something that comes as a package with "Old Billionaire'ish White Guy".. ?

Bernie Ecclestone, he who used to be the Chief Executive of Formula One, gave an utterly insane interview today on Britain's, ITV "Good Morning Britain" show today.

He said he'd "take a bullet" for Putin,

The nut jobs war in Ukraine "wasn't intentional",

'What [Putin is] doing is something he believes is the right thing he's doing for Russia."

Apparently the war is all President Zelenski's fault

I've linked the video at the 5:20 point when he starts, however I would suggest watching the whole piece as it starts about racism in F1 and gets progressively weirder.......

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

You knew it was coming...

In his first interview after Cassidy Hutchinson testified, Trump says, “The woman is living in fantasy land. She’s a social climber .. I think it’s just a shame that this is happening to our country.”
Ron has at least two more clips from that interview on his Twitter feed. Too lazy to link them all :bag:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:43 am You knew it was coming...

In his first interview after Cassidy Hutchinson testified, Trump says, “The woman is living in fantasy land. She’s a social climber .. I think it’s just a shame that this is happening to our country.”
Ron has at least two more clips from that interview on his Twitter feed. Too lazy to link them all :bag:
The true shame is Trump happened to this country. On purpose.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Every social climber wants to invite death threats.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm Every social climber wants to invite death threats.
Yep, sort of hard to social climb when you're in hiding.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Trump calling literally any other sentient being in the galaxy a social climber. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sounds to me like Ms Hutchinson kicked trump right in the ole nut sack.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:45 pm Sounds to me like Ms Hutchinson kicked trump right in the ole nut sack.
How'd she get to Putin's vault in Russia to do that?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 3ae1645af1
Documentary filmmaker who had access to Trump and his kids compared their dynamics to the family on HBO's 'Succession'
:snippity:
A British documentary filmmaker who was granted exclusive access to the Trump family ahead of the Capitol riot has weighed in on the relationships between Trump and his three most famous adult children — Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka and Eric.

Speaking to Yahoo News on the outlet's podcast, "Skullduggery," Alex Holder said the family agreed to be filmed because they were "very, very confident they were going to win the election" and that their "hubris was just absolutely remarkable."

Asked how he sold his project to the family, Holder said: "I mean, the pitch was I wanted to understand who they were as people. They had always complained about the coverage that they were getting in the US."

"They were always complaining about the 'fake news media' and all that. So, let's try and understand who they are as people," he added.
:snippity:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

You'll never go wrong playing to a trump's vanity.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

"Based on his interactions with the former president, Holder said he thought Trump was "delusional" and lives in "cloud cuckoo land." He added that he believed Trump was also "incredibly dangerous" because he never accepts blame and is "always right."

Donald Trump is not a rational player. I mean, he just isn't," Holder said. "You can't have a conversation with him in the same way that you can have a conversation with most other people. He is somebody that lives in a different reality."
And how many millions think of him as the Republican Messiah? I will be eternally bumfuzzled as to WHY. I can’t even begin to pretend to see it.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:27 am
"Based on his interactions with the former president, Holder said he thought Trump was "delusional" and lives in "cloud cuckoo land." He added that he believed Trump was also "incredibly dangerous" because he never accepts blame and is "always right."

Donald Trump is not a rational player. I mean, he just isn't," Holder said. "You can't have a conversation with him in the same way that you can have a conversation with most other people. He is somebody that lives in a different reality."
And how many millions think of him as the Republican Messiah? I will be eternally bumfuzzled as to WHY. I can’t even begin to pretend to see it.
That right there is my proof to self I’m smart and sane.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”