January 6 Select Committee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by raison de arizona »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:57 pm "For completeness," everything Hutchinson said today is hearsay. :o

Because "hearsay" refers to out-of-court statements; Hutchinson spoke in Congress, which isn't a court.

But Hutchinson testified under oath; lying to Congress could lead to obstruction, perjury, or both charges. (See [pre-pardoned] Roger Stone.)
So this is half true.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Dinesh D'Souza @DineshDSouza wrote:NBC and CBS are reporting that both Trump’s driver and Secret Service agent are willing to testify under oath that Trump never attempted to grab the steering wheel. And just like that, today’s “bombshell” testimony at the #January6thCommiteeHearings is completely discredited
And, of course, when critics pointed out a lie in "2000 Mules," D'Souza just gish-galloped to his next talking point.

Yet another case of do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Oh look. It's the pigeon knocking over the board and declaring victory. Le sigh.
Zachary Petrizzo @ZTPetrizzo wrote: Former Trump aide Boris Epshteyn called today's Jan 6 hearing a "win" for Trump. "The net result of today is another major win for President Trump."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

70F9488C-40A0-48B3-983A-898A65A34A63.jpeg
70F9488C-40A0-48B3-983A-898A65A34A63.jpeg (50.85 KiB) Viewed 772 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

NBC and CBS are reporting that both Trump’s driver and Secret Service agent are willing to testify under oath that Trump never attempted to grab the steering wheel.

TFG apparently reached in towards the steering wheel. Engel grabbed his arm.
The president reached up towards the front of the vehicle to grab at the steering wheel. Mr. Engel grabbed his arm, said, “Sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel. We’re going back to the West Wing. We’re not going to the Capitol.”

Mr. Trump then used his free hand to lunge towards Bobby Engel and Mr., when [Secret Service official] Mr. [Tony] Ornato had recounted the story to me, he had motioned towards his clavicles.

So Trump reached forward to the front of the vehicle, and the guys stopped it.

ETA: CNNs article about it. https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics ... index.html
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

This is like the least important part of her testimony. But I guess it’s telling that it is the only part they are trying to discredit.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:07 pm 70F9488C-40A0-48B3-983A-898A65A34A63.jpeg
:lol:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

For a presentation nobody wants to watch, sure seems like a lot of people are watching.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:43 pm For a presentation nobody wants to watch, sure seems like a lot of people are watching.
Someone on NPR said only 25 percent of Republicans, the ones who most need to hear it, are watching these hearings. YES, THAT'S HOW THEY ANSWER A POLL. Of course most are paying attention. They're not going to admit it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:25 pm This is like the least important part of her testimony. But I guess it’s telling that it is the only part they are trying to discredit.
True or not, she's only saying some one told her it happened, they need to talk to him, and maybe everyone who was in the SUV when it left the Ellipse for the West Wing.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

It’s past 10pm in Florida. tfg is still “Truthing” about Hutchinson. He’s really rattled.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He's going to get someone (else) killed.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

As I said last week, of course Trump was trying to get to the Capitol. A coup leader must be there to bless the new order birthed by violence and be acclaimed as savior by the crowd.
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 pm It’s past 10pm in Florida. tfg is still “Truthing” about Hutchinson. He’s really rattled.
Is there a way to see his 'Truths' without joining Troth Sential (Truth Social)? I would not object to you or someone else posting them here if there was no other way to see them.

Thanks.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

“Just say we won the election and leave the rest to me”

“(A person) let me know you have your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.”

It’s the tfg way!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Domenico wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:33 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:13 pm It’s past 10pm in Florida. tfg is still “Truthing” about Hutchinson. He’s really rattled.
Is there a way to see his 'Truths' without joining Troth Sential (Truth Social)? I would not object to you or someone else posting them here if there was no other way to see them.

Thanks.
Yes please. I don't officially do twitter, just follow certain peeps via web.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:28 pm Security spotted the stalk of an AR15 outside the ellipse on Jan 6. Also, "glock-style weapons in their waistbands."

"elevated threat in a tree outside Constitution Avenue...." (with photo)

"Walking down the street with AR-15s at 14th and Independence"
That cannot be right.

Bannon (I think it was, but maybe it was Hannity?) shouted long and hard that no weapons were found. NOT ONE. And therefore it COULD NOT be an insurrection.

So there.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Is DC still allowed to have gun laws under the new Sup. Ct. gunz everywhere decision?
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

He's trying to get the press to show his statements but they don't anymore, not like they did when he was on twitter.
keith

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:14 pm I'm trying to decide if she's Dean or Butterfield.
Butterfield. I don't think she has done any covering up to end up in jail like Dean. But what do I know?

Yesterday I was going to post that she might be this scandal's version of Butterfield - but got pre-empted by being called down to drive SWMBO to her doctor's appointment.
keith

Post by keith »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:49 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:14 pm I'm trying to decide if she's Dean or Butterfield.
I think Dean, though Butterfield is a good parallel too. But she had face to face testimony, so Dead. Maybe the videographer, or the absent WH photographer, will turn out to be Butterfield.
Butterfield had face-to-face testimony - live on TV - I watched it live and remember it like it was 49 years ago.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:47 pm
Domenico wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:33 pm

Thanks.
Yes please. I don't officially do twitter, just follow certain peeps via web.
“Truths”
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

One more.
► Show Spoiler
keith

Post by keith »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:50 pm

:brickwallsmall:
Which is, of course, EXACTLY what the SS is tasked to do, trained to do, authorized to do, and will do.

This is my take on what Pence meant when he said he wasn't getting into the limo because he didn't trust the SS driver. Pence was adamant that he wanted to stay to complete the job he was there to do, but the driver job is to ensure the safety of the VP at all costs and the best way to do that would be to get him the heck away from there as soon as possible.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”