Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Media Moves

p0rtia

Re: Media Moves

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

I love Jen Psaki as WH spox, but I have seen nothing in her style or language use that leads me to believe she would be a successful progressive news host/contributor. All the things that work so well for her as spox--her deference to the strict party line, her flat delivery, her slightly strangled irritations, and ever her brief Faux news put-downs, do not seem to me to be attributes that will translate to an hour-long show a la Maddow, Wallace, Hayes, or what's his name at 10.

Ronan Farrow (not a Psaki parallel, just another media dude who was briefly on the front page of progressive stars) last about two weeks as an MSNBC show host. Which is to say that it's no shame to Psaki if she doesn't cut the mustard.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I wish they'd move Nicole to take over the days Rachel won't be on - that would be a great time to have her on, and I bet she could hold a lot of Rachel's audience.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:21 am I wish they'd move Nicole to take over the days Rachel won't be on - that would be a great time to have her on, and I bet she could hold a lot of Rachel's audience.
I've thought of that--but she is just so amazing in the 4 to 6 slot, I would miss her and the stable of guests she has assembled (except Donnie D, who has never in his life listened to what is actually saying). It's the approach she takes and that they rise to--experienced, wicked smart, passionate, insisting on calling a spade a spade. Watching the smoke rise from Nicolle's ears day after day as the Republican destructo-hypocrites is one of the few joys of my political life these days.

I like Chris Hayes a lot too--don't get the dismissiveness; he's another one who will not abide anyone normalizing what is happening.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/05/politics ... index.html
Karine Jean-Pierre will become the new White House press secretary when Jen Psaki departs her role in the coming weeks, President Joe Biden announced in a statement Thursday, becoming the first Black and out LGBTQ person to hold the position.

Jean-Pierre currently serves as the White House’s principal deputy press secretary.

“Karine not only brings the experience, talent and integrity needed for this difficult job, but she will continue to lead the way in communicating about the work of the Biden-Harris Administration on behalf of the American people,” Biden said in a statement, adding that “Jen Psaki has set the standard for returning decency, respect and decorum to the White House Briefing Room.”

Jean-Pierre will formally begin following Psaki’s last day, which will be May 13. CNN reported in April that Psaki was planning on leaving her role for one at MSNBC.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Karine is only about 15 years old.

Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

God I hate the filters they put on videos and phone pictures these days. I wont be traumatized if I see a spot or a wrinkle, class.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://tvline.com/2022/05/06/chuck-tod ... -news-now/
MSNBC is making another big change to its lineup.

Chuck Todd‘s Meet the Press Daily — an extension of NBC’s venerable news program Meet the Press — is relocating from MSNBC to streaming outlet NBC News NOW, where it will now be known as Meet the Press NOW. The newly branded hour will stream weekdays at 4 pm ET beginning Monday, June 6.

As a result of the move, MSNBC Senior National Correspondent Chris Jansing will begin anchoring MSNBC Reports at 1 pm, as of Thursday, May 26.

“NBC News is the leader in streaming news,” NBC News President Noah Oppenheim said in a statement Friday. “Since our launch, we’ve been committed to delivering the best of NBC News’ journalism, free, to streaming audiences everywhere. Chuck was one of the first broadcast anchors to see the massive potential of streaming, and bringing Meet the Press‘ daily franchise to NBC News NOW reinforces the platform’s status as the destination for news on streaming.”
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm fer anything that involves less Chuck Todd!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:59 pm I'm fer anything that involves less Chuck Todd!
:thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Woah, with this level of shakeup he might work up to high levels of journalism. Such as frowning at a Republican answer, or even asking a follow up question.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bighug: :thumbsup:

Nice to see Chris Wallace on CNN's election results panel tonight.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

After 5+ wonderful years at BuzzFeed News, I'll be taking a buyout and leaving soon. I'm proud of my work and what the phenomenal politics team accomplished. I've loved being part of this newsroom and am deeply sad about what's happening (🧵)
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"At a recent meeting in Washington with producers and journalists, Mr. Licht said he wanted to book more Republicans and conservatives on [CNN's] political shows to offer a wider range of viewpoints."
:think: I am sure CNN tried this about 4-5 years ago, and not many of the Republicans they first brought in were such irrational asses who talked over everyone else on any discussion panels that they didn't last very long.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The one weekend I tune out CNN and other cable news because...SCOTUS. Best wishes on your future Christie.
"I am part of the Great Resignation." Here is
@NewDay
Weekend co-anchor
@Christi_Paul
's announcement about giving up the early morning grind and moving home to Ohio
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Mediaite -

BREAKING: MSNBC Names Rachel Maddow Replacement
MSNBC has found the host that will replace Rachel Maddow at 9 p.m.: Alex Wagner.

“I am absolutely thrilled and honored and generally upside down with excitement to come back home to @MSNBC to host the 9PM hour, beginning August 16th,” Wagner said on Twitter. “LET’S DO THIS.”

The New York Times broke the news on Monday morning. In an interview with the Times, MSNBC president Rashida Jones pointed to Wagner’s experience covering politics as her strong suit.

“This is not a show where our hair is on fire and we’re yelling past each other, and we’re creating these manufactured moments of tension,” Jones told the Times. “I really want the takeaway from this show to be a better understanding of what’s happening in the world.”
June bug

Post by June bug »

I’m thrilled - I love Alex Wagner!

Now if only they’d replaced Brian Williams with Ali Velshi…but that ship has sailed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Very good choice!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Never heard of it :shrug:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:18 am Never heard of it :shrug:
I have YouTube TV and didn't see it in my lineup, so checked to see if it was offered and I just didn't include it in my Live Guide. Yup, there it was. Nope, I'm not adding it to my Live Guide. There are plenty of reliable news networks which are already on my list.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Toobin picked NOW to release this...
Jeffrey Toobin @JeffreyToobin 21m
Friends, I’ve decided that, after 20 years, I’m leaving @cnn after my vacation. Was great to spend my last day on air with pals Wolf, Anderson and Don. Love all my former colleagues. Watch for my next book, about the Oklahoma City bombing, coming in 2023 from @simonandschuster
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

]Jon Batiste Exits ‘Late Show With Stephen Colbert’ as Bandleader
"Jon has decided to leave the show," host Colbert said Thursday night (Aug. 11), "but it's for all the best reasons, including to continue sharing his art with the world."

By Lars Brandle
08/12/2022

Jon Batiste, the multiple Grammy Award-winning artist, played his final note on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert after seven seasons.

“Jon has decided to leave the show,” host Colbert said Thursday night (Aug. 11), “but it’s for all the best reasons, including to continue sharing his art with the world.”

He continued, “we have been so lucky to have a front row seat to Jon’s incredible talent for the past seven years. And will we miss him here? ‘Yeaaa!’ But we’re happy for you, Jon, and I can’t wait to have you back on as guest with your next hit record. I love you.”

His successor on CBS’s late night show is Louis Cato, who has served as interim bandleader during Batiste’s absence this summer. “He is a musical genius,” Colbert enthuses. “He can basically play every instrument on that stage. Give him an afternoon, he’ll learn how to play Mozart on a shoehorn.”

Batiste was nominated for 11 awards at the 2022 Grammy Awards, more than any other artist. He performed at the ceremony and filled his boots with five trophies, including a surprise win for album of the year with We Are, beating a shortlist which included Olivia Rodrigo, Billie Eilish and Lil Nas X.

https://www.billboard.com/culture/tv-fi ... 235125929/

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”