Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Georgia Senate Race

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Georgia Senate Race (for Raphael Warnock's seat)

Post by AndyinPA »

Good interview with Rev. Warnock on The Last Word with O'Donnell tonight.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Needs a 'script, which I don't have but the story is all over the twitter machine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/herschel- ... secret-son

Herschel Walker Says He’s a Model Dad. He Has a Secret Son.

Walker has said if you have “a child with a woman, even if you have to leave that woman… you don’t leave the child,” per
@thedailybeast.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:04 am Needs a 'script, which I don't have but the story is all over the twitter machine.

Walker has said if you have “a child with a woman, even if you have to leave that woman… you don’t leave the child,” per
@thedailybeast.
Between this and the Boebert stuff, I'm all verklempt with the schadenfreude today. If one might mix English, Yiddish, and German together in a single sentence. :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Change approved.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:04 am Needs a 'script, which I don't have but the story is all over the twitter machine.

@thedailybeast.
The lesser secret son, what does he have to say on social media :?:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

GOP Georgia Senate nominee Herschel Walker admits having 2 more ‘secret’ children — now says he has 4 kids
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/16/gop-geo ... ldren.html
Herschel Walker, former pro football star and current Republican nominee from Georgia for the U.S. Senate, confirmed he has two more previously unknown children.

Walker’s disclosure is the second time this week that the candidate, who has been repeatedly publicly critical of African American absentee fathers, has been forced to admit he had children out of wedlock after media reports of their existence.

He has been heavily touted by former President Donald Trump.
Walker now says he has four kids, only one of whom was previously known.

“I have four children. Three sons and a daughter,” Walker said in the statement.

“They’re not ‘undisclosed’ — they’re my kids. I support them all and love them all. I’ve never denied my children, I confirmed this when I was appointed to the President’s Council on Sports Fitness & Nutrition,” he said.

Walker added: “I just chose not to use them as props to win a political campaign. What parent would want their child involved in garbage, gutter politics like this?”
I guess he doesn't know how this "politics" work. He couldn't keep his thingy in his pants then tried to hide the results when running for public office with a morality plank. :violin: Maybe should have sought a different second career other than politics after being brain damaged repeatedly from American football concussions. :shrug:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Sen. Warnock on Joy Reid right now. LOVE him.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:43 am
Walker added: “I just chose not to use them as props to win a political campaign. What parent would want their child involved in garbage, gutter politics like this?”
I guess he doesn't know how this "politics" work. :snippity:
Seriously. Exactly how would have that worked? “Hi I’m Herschel Walker and I have three children out of wedlock. I know I’ve complained about this exact thing and it being the downfall of society and all, but hey, look at these three kids and vote for me!”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Not to mention the hypocrisy of his irritating son being all over social media "involved in garbage, gutter politics like this?”
tek

Post by tek »

d-4.jpg
d-4.jpg (70.43 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:05 amd-4.jpg
I mean, why take the chance that he's not?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Of course he did.
"Herschel Walker received resounding applause from evangelical Christian activists on Saturday, following revelations he had fathered three children he had not previously discussed publicly."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, after all, it's the women's faults.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

It’s Womenses, Andy.

I guess we’re all gonna have to learn to speak Moron more fluently.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: 2022 Georgia Senate Race (Raphael Warnock v. Herschel Walker))

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
filly is not here (I hope only temporarily) so I took the liberty of making the thread title more clear.
I was on my daily walk (3.22 klicks) with ol' Wifehorn and I mentioned that my friend Frater I*I in Georgia thinks Herschel has a good chance to win this one.

She rather vehemently disagreed.

So we have something to talk about on the Virtual Meetup tomorrow night.

I told her that my understanding of Frater's argument is that there are two religions in Jawja: Christianity and Football. And Herschel is a god of Football. Yeah, he lies all the time, and worse, he's a dumb liar: he gets caught on a regular basis. It's a lot harder to catch some of us in a lie, we're a little more prepared. :P He's dumber than salt. He has all these kids he just acknowledged. That would kill anybody else. But he's a god of Football, which means ...

... well, it means he may be elected.

'Course, Stacy Abrams is going to fight Kemp again for the governorship. She may have coattails, who knows? :shrug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It just blows my mind that people are so fucking stupid they would vote for a lying, violent wackjob just because he could catch a pass* (or whatever the fuck he did).

*or make movies
or wrestle
or sell fake diet pills on tv.
the list goes on and on.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:18 am ... (or whatever the fuck he did).
He carried the ball. He is a large mammal and he was successful at running over/around/through the other large mammals.

He was especially successful for the University of Georgia.
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:18 am It just blows my mind that people are so fucking stupid they would vote for a lying, violent wackjob just because he could catch a pass* (or whatever the fuck he did).

*or make movies
or wrestle
or sell fake diet pills on tv.
the list goes on and on.
You forgot the most important *or: because they could get tfg's endorsement.

Also, worth pointing out is that Frater is correct. Reputable polling has them currently tied at 46%. That isn't a lot of undecided left.
https://news.yahoo.com/why-walker-tied- ... 27156.html
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Of course Frater is correct. He's paying attention down there.

I'm not sure Trump's endorsement is as valuable as it once was. His chosen folks haven't been doing too well, with some notable exceptions of course.
raison de arizona

Foggy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:43 am I'm not sure Trump's endorsement is as valuable as it once was. His chosen folks haven't been doing too well, with some notable exceptions of course.
That's an interesting question, tfg's endorsement definitely isn't the golden ticket it once was. But I wouldn't go so far as to say his chosen folk aren't doing well. The vast majority of the 200 picks he made sailed through. Of course the vast majority of them also faced weak to no opposition. But even in the ones that did face real opposition, he scored a decent amount of wins. The NYT had a round up last week. Lemme find it...
Here’s where Trump’s endorsement record stands so far.

Of the roughly 200 candidates endorsed by former President Donald J. Trump in the 2022 midterm elections, many are running unopposed or face little-known, poorly funded opponents. But in contested races, those endorsed by Mr. Trump have won more times than they have lost.

Mr. Trump’s endorsement has helped propel some candidates to victory, like J.D. Vance in Ohio and Bo Hines in North Carolina. His picks also won critical primaries in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. But in Georgia, several of his candidates were resoundingly defeated, and he had mixed success in states like South Carolina and North Carolina.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/21/us/p ... ecord.html
The article goes on to detail the contested races. The tl;dr that I get from it, is that while tfg's endorsement isn't what it once was, it still carries sufficient weight to turn races more often than not.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Vance may have won on name recognition based on his bestseller fake memoir. It didn’t hurt.
raison de arizona

Walker the lesser belies his naivety.
Christian Walker @ChristianWalk1r wrote: I’ve never seen as much racism as I’m seeing from liberals towards Clarence Thomas.

If you want to see a liberal’s racism come out, just bring up a black conservative.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:43 am Of course Frater is correct. He's paying attention down there.
Unfortunately I am paying attention... :cantlook:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

That is DeSantis' crazy press sec, she is bad news with a capital Bad News. Anyway, Walker the Jr better not let tfg hear him singing DeSantis' praises, I feel like there was already a rift developing between Walker the Sr and tfg based on some of the crap Walker the Sr has spewed (he can't help himself. But then neither can tfg.) Walker the Jr took a trip from his homeland of California to Florida recently, and he can't stop singing DeSantis Land's praises ever since. In semi-related news Walker the Jr has a podcast. I listened to an episode. It was good, he is entertaining and fun to listen to. :shrug: He, of course, has stupid things to say. Mostly about gay people in the episode I heard. Like children, they should be seen but not heard. And not seen either. Except him. He does gay correctly.

Return to “U.S. Senate”