Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fox News, Newsmax, OAN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: Fox News, Newsmax, OANN, and other TV purveyors of fake news

Post by keith »

Peter Gunn on Amazon Prime.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
June bug

Post by June bug »

I’ve been bingeing on “Murder, She Wrote”on Peacock and Amazon Prime “Freevee”.
Great old-time guest stars and a strong female lead.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Star Trek. Always Star Trek.

With time out for Perry Mason.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:hijacked:

There is a thread for "what are you watching?"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-oan-a ... -meltdown/

WATCH: OAN Anchor Absolutely Loses it Upon Seeing a Pride Flag in Surreal, Homophobic Meltdown
One America News anchor Alison Steinberg short-circuited over the weekend — going on a profane meltdown over seeing the rainbow flag in the middle of Pride Month.

Steinberg, who previously mused that it was “gay” to support Ukraine in their war against the invading Russian military, posted a fire-breathing rant to Instagram on Saturday night over seeing the LGBT pride flag fly over Huntington Beach.

“Guess what I came home to be greeted with?” Steinberg said while pointing to the flag. “This f*cking bullsh*t.”

i'm totally going to you serious, dear, with your cleavage hanging out.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:30 pm i'm totally going to you serious, dear, with your cleavage hanging out.
Well, to be fair, she is at the beach. She is dressed for beach going. I have many problems get her and her position, but this isn’t going to be one of them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:39 pm
neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:30 pm i'm totally going to you serious, dear, with your cleavage hanging out.
Well, to be fair, she is at the beach. She is dressed for beach going. I have many problems get her and her position, but this isn’t going to be one of them.
Gotta sorta disagree. She's wearing an open button-up shirt. Button-up before profanely ranting on video about a Pride flag.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yanno, I’m not gay, I’m not sure I understand everything or anything about the sexuality/gender spectrums, but it don’t bother me none when traditionally marginalized communities are recognized and honored. Apparently she’s never faced a real issue, which is what privilege gets you.
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:47 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:39 pm
Gotta sorta disagree. She's wearing an open button-up shirt. Button-up before profanely ranting on video about a Pride flag.
Eh. It would be one thing if she were going live on OAN. This was posted to her personal Instagram. She can dress however she wants to there.
:twocents:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

She neglected to mention that Huntington Beach is an entitled WHITE community, mostly, known for its sTrumpets, like her, and nasty neo nazis.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:18 pm She neglected to mention that Huntington Beach is an entitled WHITE community, mostly, known for its sTrumpets, like her, and nasty neo nazis.
Man, I remember my mom taking me to Huntington Beach in the late 50s - early 60s. I came home with a pail full of sand dollars collected at the pier. Always stopped at a bakery on Main. St. to grab a few doughnuts and a quart of milk. I recall the sleepy beach town had about 7,500 people living there. Fun times!

Then they drained the swamp and built Huntington Harbor. It was never the same. :mad:

Not surprised about the demographics. Surprised about the neo nazis. I thought there were still a lot of surfer dudes who had better things to do than play army.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox Business's lead 5pm story
raison de arizona

When I tuned in, they did maybe five to ten minutes on the hearing today, and it was decent coverage. I was surprised. But then they immediately moved on and went into the whole new Hunter Biden "scandal" with the new voicemail from the laptop-from-hell and how Biden is hopelessly compromised. Then they moved on to the migrant deaths at the border, and how that is 100% Biden and all Democrats fault, and that they can't really see a way for Democrats to recover from that for the mid-terms. A lot of talk regarding "if only they had finished tfg's wall..." Also, Democrats controlled everything in 2008 and had they a solution, they should have done it then and everything bad since then is therefore their faults. Also, liberals have controlled SCOTUS for 50 years or more and you never saw conservatives lose their shit. No rights have been lost, those were rights that never were and SCOTUS is just correcting wrongly decided cases.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Hunter who?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

A Fox News staffer tells me that the general tenor after today's explosive Jan. 6 hearing is basically "yeah, I don't know how you possibly spin this."
The first thing I thought was, Hunter Binden and I see from Kendra's post, yep. This prediction, of course, is way easier than John's football pickums.

They do know how to feed their audience.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm shocked I tell ya, shocked!

America's Newsroom, top of the first hour. Yes, they opened with coverage of yesterday's J6 - four minutes worth of coverage and it was mostly all about twisting her credibility because the SS didn't back up her claims about tfg in the limo grabbing the driver. IT. WAS. HEARSAY! they say so of course she must not be credible. Why, even CNN's Jake Tapper called it hearsay on air (showed a clip), so there! The very last seconds of that four minute report did mention that there were a lot of troubling things she testified about, but by then the four minutes were over and they segued into the migrant deaths in the semi in Texas, showing a clip of Abbott blaming in on Biden's policies and then lots of minutes to talk about it and the TX Lt. Governor. :roll:
raison de arizona

Hmm, my five minutes of fury this morning. Let's see, Joe Biden is a lame duck. Nobody likes him, not even the Dems, and he's irked about it. Even the NYT says so. The nation and world leaders don't understand why the US AG (not mentioned by name) isn't addressing the Hunter Biden situation, especially given the explosive new voice mail. And Russian hooker gate. Also, why aren't Mayorkas (mentioned by name) and Biden not being forced to answer for the recent migrant deaths they directly caused. The nation and world leaders have been demanding to know why the Biden administration chose to execute them. Click.

Anyway, imma drop this here but it isn't just about Fox. I'm seeing an increasingly disturbing trend minimizing the concept of a separation between church and state in the US. And not just from Boebert. Many references to it just being a minor thing mentioned in a letter by Jefferson and really, really is Not A Thing. Especially in light of the majority of the nation in polling agreeing that the US has a morality problem. (Side note: I would answer a question regarding whether the nation has a morality problem in the affirmative, but not because of the immediate assumption of these types that we need a return to conservatism. I believe we have a morality problem because there is a large portion of the nation that will vote for someone like tfg, who is clearly a POS on so many levels that I don't understand how any moral person could vote to put him in charge of anything. Not even dog catcher. But I digress.) There is an assault going on against the very bedrock concept that our government was not meant to be a Christian Theocracy. And you can't write it off to the wingnuts, because Q was pretty wingnutty too, but much of that has been adopted into the mainstream Republican stance. There are bad times ahead, and that starts with C and that ends with t and that spells Christ and be prepared for it to be used as a wedge into every facet of our very lives. It's got me skeered.
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Truth, Raison, it’s coming. Will the November vote turn it around? Let’s hope so. May the silent voices come forward to become vocal and vote to change this unbelievable destruction to our country.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hope so but I'm afraid the "it doesn't affect me" crowd will just shrug it off, until it affects them upon which it will be too late.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:35 am Hmm, my five minutes of fury this morning. Let's see, Joe Biden is a lame duck. Nobody likes him, not even the Dems, and he's irked about it. Even the NYT says so. The nation and world leaders don't understand why the US AG (not mentioned by name) isn't addressing the Hunter Biden situation, especially given the explosive new voice mail. And Russian hooker gate. Also, why aren't Mayorkas (mentioned by name) and Biden not being forced to answer for the recent migrant deaths they directly caused. The nation and world leaders have been demanding to know why the Biden administration chose to execute them. Click.

Anyway, imma drop this here but it isn't just about Fox. I'm seeing an increasingly disturbing trend minimizing the concept of a separation between church and state in the US. And not just from Boebert. Many references to it just being a minor thing mentioned in a letter by Jefferson and really, really is Not A Thing. Especially in light of the majority of the nation in polling agreeing that the US has a morality problem. (Side note: I would answer a question regarding whether the nation has a morality problem in the affirmative, but not because of the immediate assumption of these types that we need a return to conservatism. I believe we have a morality problem because there is a large portion of the nation that will vote for someone like tfg, who is clearly a POS on so many levels that I don't understand how any moral person could vote to put him in charge of anything. Not even dog catcher. But I digress.) There is an assault going on against the very bedrock concept that our government was not meant to be a Christian Theocracy. And you can't write it off to the wingnuts, because Q was pretty wingnutty too, but much of that has been adopted into the mainstream Republican stance. There are bad times ahead, and that starts with C and that ends with t and that spells Christ and be prepared for it to be used as a wedge into every facet of our very lives. It's got me skeered.
My two cents from way out in the cheap seats:

We've had a morality problem for decades and decades. The Interstate Highway construction from the mid 50s through the mid 70s combined with the race to the moon generated tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of good paying blue collar/hybrid blue-white collar jobs. People had money who hadn't had that sort of money before. My naive take on society is that when people have what they need and most of what they want, they toe the line so as not to lose out. They know right from wrong and act accordingly. Even though they see themselves getting hosed occasionally, they are making good money, so they play nice.

But when things get tough through no perceived fault of their own, their morals evaporate. tfg was their beacon. He would restore them to their former glory. But when you have low morals, anyone who has as low if not lower morals is to be admired and supported. Hence the unyielding and blind support for tfg.

As the Christian Theocracy theory...this is probably the one area that can coalesce all the mainstream religions with the outlying ones and with the evangelists. The widow of my wife's late brother is very fundamentalist Christian. Goes to church twice on Sunday and once more midweek. She is a big fan of Franklin Graham and others like him. Her thinking is that if a person is "deeply Christian," that is all that matters. Mortal transgressions and indiscretions are OK because you and others can pray for forgiveness. She liked tfg because the evangelists and her religious leaders and her echo chamber told her so.

Many devoutly religious people are the most gullible of the gullible. As long as information comes from their list of approved people, it is taken as gospel. Period.

Needless to say, my wife and I do not talk politics much with her surviving siblings. And I'm the onliest with both parents deceased.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona

When January 6th comes on, Fox viewers tune out.
Oliver Darcy @oliverdarcy wrote: The trend continues: In the 12pm hour, heading into the Tuesday 1/6 hearing, Fox News was averaging 1.7 million total viewers. By the 2pm hour, that number had fallen to 900K — meaning nearly half of Fox's audience fled the channel during Cassidy Hutchinson's explosive testimony.

Of course, the trend is the opposite on the other cable channels that carried the hearing. CNN's viewership spiked to 2.6 million and MSNBC's jumped to 3.5 million.
tek

Post by tek »

And a lot of that 900K were asleep in their Barcalounger.
raison de arizona

I don't give a flip about any two sources that don't take an oath and testify in front of the committee. If they don't testify, it didn't happen. Fuck all the way off with that already.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Jeanine says she has two sources that say Hutchinson was low level and was not in the center of the room when major things were being discussed
tek

Post by tek »

hmm.. not in the 'center' of the room..

Apparently the Franzia hasn't obliterated ALL of her lawyerly brain cells.

Return to “Current Politics”