Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Merrick Garland's Justice Department

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Merrick Garland's Justice Department

Post by Phoenix520 »

The Feebs had to get up at Zero:darkthirty to get there when they did, so technically…
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jeff might need his own thread soon.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Garland issued a statement that states cannot ban abortion pills.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:38 pm https://twitter.com/kpolantz/status/1540400433088188417
New from #cnnstakeout: Ali Alexander testified to a federal grand jury on Friday in DOJ’s Jan 6 investigation.

Alexander spotted entering and exiting the federal courthouse in DC. He was there, behind closed doors, for ~4 hours
W
@HolmesLybrand

@millman_andrew
019BCBFC-E77C-42F6-A045-0AFA14F09DD1.jpeg
019BCBFC-E77C-42F6-A045-0AFA14F09DD1.jpeg (340.07 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

"I observed no criminal activity"
magoo3.jpg
magoo3.jpg (20.03 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

keith wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:11 am Something that wouldn't have been very apparent to you as "a little kid": remember that Spiro Agnew was Nixon's vice President.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY wanted to take down Nixon until Agnew was moved on. Because if Agnew became President after a Nixon impeachment, we would have to have done it all over again. Agnew was so deep into corruption he was getting brown bags full of cash in his White House Vice Presidential office.

Maybe this can soothe some of your ill feelings after all these years.
Speaking of which, Rachel Maddow's book "Bagman" about the Agnew scandal is really, really good. The hiatus she took prior to her new weekly schedule (ugh! I miss her being nightly) was to work on a film version of her book, though I don't know if it's a "docudrama" for theaters/streaming or more of an actual documentary to air on MSNBC.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:05 pm Speaking of which, Rachel Maddow's book "Bagman" about the Agnew scandal is really, really good. The hiatus she took prior to her new weekly schedule (ugh! I miss her being nightly) was to work on a film version of her book, though I don't know if it's a "docudrama" for theaters/streaming or more of an actual documentary to air on MSNBC.
Feature length film, Ben Stiller directing.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Off Topic
neonzx wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:13 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:05 pm Speaking of which, Rachel Maddow's book "Bagman" about the Agnew scandal is really, really good. The hiatus she took prior to her new weekly schedule (ugh! I miss her being nightly) was to work on a film version of her book, though I don't know if it's a "docudrama" for theaters/streaming or more of an actual documentary to air on MSNBC.

Feature length film, Ben Stiller directing.

Oh, nice! I'll want to watch that :)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

This was discussed in the 1/6 thread, but I'm just dropping a copy here because :waiting:
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: ALERT: Rep Cheney says Trump tried to call a committee witness. Witness didn’t take call. Witness called lawyer Instead. Committee has submitted that info to Dept of Justice
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The witness recognized the phone number? Witnesses must have received a blacklist from the committee. Or the witness is / was bestest friend with #45 to know his private number.
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:40 pm The witness recognized the phone number? Witnesses must have received a blacklist from the committee. Or the witness is / was bestest friend with #45 to know his private number.
Or witness received a call, "Please hold for tfg," "Wait, here's my lawyer's number."

Or something more along those lines I would think.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I suspect witnesses are getting so many threats and bullshit from supporters they aren't answering the phone for anyone but their own mother at this point. Dipshit probably left a voicemail.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:48 pm I suspect witnesses are getting so many threats and bullshit from supporters they aren't answering the phone for anyone but their own mother at this point. Dipshit probably left a voicemail.
oh please, oh please, oh please... :pray:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:53 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:48 pm I suspect witnesses are getting so many threats and bullshit from supporters they aren't answering the phone for anyone but their own mother at this point. Dipshit probably left a voicemail.
oh please, oh please, oh please... :pray:
:yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

House members are perpetual candidates. If a handful aided in insurrection and the DOJ lets them slide, DOJ is essentually complicit in their next attempt. Meanwhile they are putting domestic terrorism enhancements on some of the rioters. Not that they don't deserve it, but they didn't do this on their own.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was thinking of it in terms of trump announcing, in that, if he's a declared candidate, even if his target election is over two years away, he can't be indicted.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He's not the president now, and that's a lousy policy anyway. And, if IIRC, that's all it is--policy, not law. Highly unlikely Merrick Garland's Justice Department is going to change that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Some crumbs here from WSJ reporter (damn paywalls).
One area of interest to prosecutors was a Jan. 4, 2021 Oval Office meeting where conservative lawyer John Eastman pushed Pence, in Trump’s presence, to either reject the electoral votes outright or suspend the proceedings & ask several state legislatures to re-examine the results

Prosecutors also asked detailed questions about Rudy Giuliani, who forwarded to Pence’s office letters from individual state legislators urging Pence to accept false slates of electors claiming Trump won from states he actually lost.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If anyone is paywall blocked, here's a gift link. WaPo is the one subscription I kept. Hope it works.

https://wapo.st/3PGepPo

Return to “Biden Administration”