Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Pennsylvania governor's race

W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: Pennsylvania governor's race

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I guess I'm lucky I found out I'm allergic to potatoes before I became addicted to Martin's buns.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I am really bad at boycotting. Can you boycott things you have never bought? In this case, I am not in a location to get it anyway, but there are things like that chicken sandwich place. I can't really boycott them because I have never been there in the first place. Chicken sandwiches don't interest me enough (though I do enjoy the Popeye's one).
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Inbox: Republican candidate for Governor, Doug Mastriano, today announced the appointment of former Trump lawyer, Jenna Ellis, as senior legal adviser to his 2022 gubernatorial campaign.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Only the best! What could go wrong?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:

This is going to be a crazy campaign. I'm glad I am out of state/country for about six weeks of. :cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Pretty scary.
American Bridge 21st Century @American_Bridge wrote: GOP #PAGov nominee @DougMastriano brags about filling the PA Secretary of State's office with anti-democracy, anti-voting rights people from "across the nation and the state" — and refuses to say who those people are. He's hiding from Pennsylvanians.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

While we have been focused on GOP nominee for PA Gov Doug Mastriano’s J6 participation and election fraud conspiracies, he also is proposing to cut school funding by 50%, then allowing parents to take that taxpayer money to any private school.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Where they'll learn that earth is only 6K years old, after being created in exactly seven days. What's the latest take on dinosaur bones? God hid them underground to test us?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:26 pm Where they'll learn that earth is only 6K years old, after being created in exactly seven days. What's the latest take on dinosaur bones? God hid them underground to test us?
The Deluge caused that...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That doesn't go over well in PA. The last governor who did that, the one right before Gov. Wolf, , Corbett, only got one term. He pulled that early in his term, and he was barely governor before you could find signs all over the place against him. Who knows? Maybe there are enough crazy people here now, but it didn't go well twelve years or so ago.

Mastriano keeps advertising how awful he will be.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Pennsylvania Republican candidate Doug Mastriano invited unnecessary controversy by endorsing Arizona Republican Wendy Rogers who spoke to a white nationalist group and called the Buffalo shooting by a white supremacist, a false flag.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Latest Fox news poll has Shapiro up by 10.

It should be much higher than that
https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/ ... 8-2022.pdf
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Never realized we only had 2 choices.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:45 am Never realized we only had 2 choices.
And it appears both choices result in falling off a cliff.
:shrug:
raison de arizona

LOUD! Turn it down before clicking.
American Bridge 21st Century @American_Bridge wrote: Since Rudy Guiliani is in the news, a good reminder — from the horse's mouth! — that Rudy called #PAGov GOP candidate @DougMastriano directly to ask him to try and overturn the 2020 election — and Mastriano did what he asked.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.mediamatters.org/qanon-cons ... are-coming
Pennsylvania Republican gubernatorial nominee Doug Mastriano has promoted and campaigned with Julie Green, a “prophet” who has claimed that God will execute political figures “for their planned pandemic, shortages, inflation, mandates and for stealing an election.” The Mastriano ally and fringe religious commentator has also alleged a variety of conspiracy theories, including that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “loves to drink the little children’s blood”; the government is conducting “human sacrifices” to stay in power; and President Joe Biden is secretly dead and an “actor” is playing him.

Green, who says she has a “special relationship” with Mastriano, has implicated numerous Republican figures as traitors, including Republican Governors Association co-chair and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey. She has alleged that there will be a video showing that he took a bribe to swing the 2020 election and he “will be no more, and treason will be written on” him “for all eternity.”

Mastriano’s connection to Green is yet another chapter in his history of promoting extremist media. He tweeted QAnon content on Twitter more than 50 times. He shared anti-Muslim content on Facebook. He posted an image claiming Roe v. Wade is “so much” worse than the Holocaust. And he paid for “consulting” with Gab, the white nationalist social media platform that’s headed by a virulent antisemite and filled with violent antisemitic threats. Mastriano is also a January 6 insurrectionist.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Doug Mastriano says Ron Desantis reached out to him about doing a rally for him, and it will be Friday in Pittsburgh: “My goal as Governor is to make PA the Florida of the north. He set the gold standard for the good a Governor can do leading a state.”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:vomit:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

My thoughts exactly...
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I just saw about his rally this afternoon on the local news. First time I've seen it. Free, but tickets needed. I guess if you wanted to know about it, you had to follow GAB.
raison de arizona

Florida has been the butt of jokes since at least 1949 when Bugs Bunny sawed it off the US, who wants to be like them? (Says the guy from AZ, the FL of the SW.)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/202 ... 38967.html
PHILADELPHIA (Tribune News Service) — Doug Mastriano is trying to appeal to a wider audience. He wants to steer the conversation toward inflation, taxes, parental rights, energy independence, and crime.

But with less than three months remaining before Election Day, Mastriano continues to be haunted by … Doug Mastriano.

Whether it’s a thesis he wrote 20 years ago warning of a left-wing “Hitlerian Putsch,” or a since-deleted Facebook video he posted this spring about the state’s “deceitful” GOP establishment and its secret “disdain for veterans,” the Republican nominee for governor can’t seem to get out of his own way.

The post-primary hits keep on coming. This week? A 2018 radio interview resurfaced in which Mastriano claims that climate change is an academic fabrication and that Islam isn’t compatible with the U.S. Constitution.
He claimed at his rally in Pittsburgh this afternoon that he wanted PA to be the Florida of the North. I don't think that's going to go over well with the majority of PA voters, even if we have a fair number of snowbirds here.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”