Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Racism back in fashion, did it ever fade?

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Racism back in fashion, did it ever fade?

Post by raison de arizona »

GD MAGAts.

Claire Ortiz @clairityortiz wrote: My baby girl child and her boo. His parents disowned him for having a black gf. We welcomed him w open arms, obvi.

Imagine the hate you’d hv to hv to disown your child. Like completely estranged…it’s sad. It really broke my daughters heart too. To be hated so much, for nothing.
Jeff Thompson @jeff_thompson wrote: Such a gorgeous couple. She looks so much like you. It breaks my heart they had to go through this 😔💔
Claire Ortiz @clairityortiz wrote: Thank you, Jeff.
It is heartbreaking. But also karmic…he was raised by hateful Louisiana, MAGA racists. Goes off to college.

Scores a black, smart, pretty, student athlete from Cali.
Moves to LA, her liberal mom gets him his 1st engineering job. And they start their lives.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Birmingham private school assignment compares Barack Obama to monkeys
The assignment was passed out in the high school biology class earlier this month. The Birmingham private school prides itself on diversity and an alternative education, which costs up to $30,000 each year.

But this month, the curriculum passed out to students instructed students to pick from a gallery of photos labeled apes, monkeys, and lemurs. And there, in the second row, is former President Barack Obama.

FOX 2 obtained a photo of the school assignment from someone who was appalled at the racist messaging, which came from a teacher.
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/birmin ... onkeys.amp
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

So, the teacher was not fired immediately? Sounds about white.

:yankyank:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

However, FOX 2 also obtained the letter that was sent to parents that explained the worksheet was taken from a 'highly regarded university' website and assigned in a high school biology class.
I am really curious what 'highly regarded university' they pulled this from and what the context was...

Also, the teacher's excuse that they simply did not 'vett' the assignment well enough, if it was true, is not actually much better and should get them fired for gross incompetence.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

neeneko wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:41 pmI am really curious what 'highly regarded university' they pulled this from and what the context was...

Bob Jones? Liberty? Oral Roberts? It's a :pickle:
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

This is really weird. This school has a diverse board and the staff is not all white (one of the science teachers appears to be Islamic and maybe of Middle Eastern descent). I thought, at first, Detroit suburb private school maybe got the material from Hillsdale College but after looking into the school, I am confused as to how that might have happened.

I will reserve full judgment on how that happened until I hear more. If a teacher is not checking the material ahead of time, that is a big problem even if they didn't end up with the worksheet they had.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

So this happened....
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 8.45.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 8.45.19 PM.png (164.73 KiB) Viewed 1184 times
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek: Disgusting. :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

He’s just saying the quiet part out loud…

Systematic racism, of which he is an agent, results in a greater proportion of African-American mortality than white.

And he is fine with that outcome.
raison de arizona

Dave from down under wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:10 pm He’s just saying the quiet part out loud…

Systematic racism, of which he is an agent, results in a greater proportion of African-American mortality than white.

And he is fine with that outcome.
14 words.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Yep.
101010 :towel:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

This planet....I don't think I want to live on it anymore...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:08 am This planet....I don't think I want to live on it anymore...
No, sir, you are requested to stay and fight.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Walmart apologizes, pulls ‘Juneteenth ice cream’ after online backlash
Critics accused the retail giant of commercializing a solemn holiday meant to commemorate the end of American slavery

By Jacob Bogage
May 24, 2022 at 1:42 p.m. EDT

Walmart pulled “Juneteenth ice cream” from its freezers and apologized Tuesday after a social media backlash and accusations of commercializing a holiday meant to commemorate the end of American slavery.

The retail giant was set to sell “swirled red velvet and cheesecake” ice cream in a container adorned with Pan-African colors and an image of two Black hands high-fiving each other. “Share and celebrate African American culture, emancipation and enduring hope,” the label read.

But the product drew swift online condemnations from users who accused the retailer of treating a solemn day as a moneymaking vehicle.

Two years after Floyd’s death, protesters reflect on what changed

In a statement to Fox television stations, which first reported on the products, the company said it would “remove items as appropriate” as it reviews its Juneteenth products.

“Juneteenth holiday marks a celebration of freedom and independence,” Walmart’s statement said. “However, we received feedback that a few items caused concern for some of our customers and we sincerely apologize.”

The company did not respond to a request for comment from The Washington Post.

Walmart’s website on Tuesday offered a wide array of Juneteenth products, including a T-shirt with a word cloud of social justice and Black empowerment themed phrases in the shape of Africa and Juneteenth party decorations.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ice-cream/
raison de arizona

Probably a bit more accurate than they intended.
:roll:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-y ... uxbndlbing
New York fund apologizes for role in Tuskegee syphilis study

For almost 40 years starting in the 1930s, as government researchers purposely let hundreds of Black men die of syphilis in Alabama so they could study the disease, a foundation in New York covered funeral expenses for the deceased. The payments were vital to survivors of the victims in a time and place ravaged by poverty and racism.

Altruistic as they might sound, the checks — $100 at most — were no simple act of charity: They were part of an almost unimaginable scheme. To get the money, widows or other loved ones had to consent to letting doctors slice open the bodies of the dead men for autopsies that would detail the ravages of a disease the victims were told was “bad blood.”

Fifty years after the infamous Tuskegee syphilis study was revealed to the public and halted, the organization that made those funeral payments, the Milbank Memorial Fund, publicly apologized Saturday to descendants of the study's victims. The move is rooted in America's racial reckoning after George Floyd's murder by police in 2020.

The apology and an accompanying monetary donation to a descendants' group, the Voices for Our Fathers Legacy Foundation, were presented during a ceremony in Tuskegee at a gathering of children and other relatives of men who were part of the study.

Endowed in 1905 by Elizabeth Milbank Anderson, part of a wealthy and well-connected New York family, the fund was one of the nation's first private foundations. The nonprofit philanthropy had some $90 million in assets in 2019, according to tax records, and an office on Madison Avenue in Manhattan. With an early focus on child welfare and public health, today it concentrates on health policy at the state level.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

imrs (1).jpeg
imrs (1).jpeg (20.75 KiB) Viewed 865 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

You'll be astonished to learn that California State University, Long Beach University Police have different policies for Black faculty than they do white faculty.
► Show Spoiler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

4) Fire the fuck wit cop.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/8 ... tereotypes
Black firefighter: Captain pressured him to go to party with Trump cutout and fried chicken display

A Black firefighter notified the city of Rochester and the fire department that employs him of his intent to sue after he said he was pressured into attending a racist party disguised as a community event. During a news conference covered by WROC-TV on Aug. 11, Jerrod Jones described an environment with cutouts of former President Donald Trump and Juneteenth flags with buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken "prominently displayed" nearby.

Jones, who has worked for the Rochester Fire Department for 14 years, said his captain, Jeffrey Krywy, took him and two other subordinates to the private party on July 7. While there, Jones watched Krywy collect a party favor bag with Cognac and a Juneteenth cup inside of it.

"It means a lot to me when I put that uniform on,” Jones said during the news conference, “and I've always wanted to represent my city in the correct manner, in a decent manner, honorable manner.

“And what I had to experience a month ago it cut me very deeply."

Rochester Mayor Malik Evans said in a statement CNN obtained on Tuesday that the city completed and internal investigation and Krywy, who wasn’t named in Jones’ notice of claim, decided to retire before the city began its termination proceedings against him.
Attorney for Jones is unhappy.👇
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Good grief.
Mr. Christopher @iamalmostlegend wrote: Follow-up to the Black Firefighter in Rochester, NY who filed a discrimination lawsuit after attending a party mocking Juneteenth with KFC buckets.

The host couple turned on the White tears and “cancel culture can be cruel,” but watch what’s discovered at the end:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Footage Shows Esmeralda Upton Harassing Indian Women In Texas

https://whereisthebuzz.com/footage-show ... -in-texas/

ETA:
Fifty Shades of Whey
@davenewworld_2
UPDATE: Esmeralda Upton of Plano, TX was arrested a few hours ago for assault and making terroristic threats.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:24 pm Good grief.
► Show Spoiler
Mr. Christopher @iamalmostlegend wrote: Follow-up to the Black Firefighter in Rochester, NY who filed a discrimination lawsuit after attending a party mocking Juneteenth with KFC buckets.

The host couple turned on the White tears and “cancel culture can be cruel,” but watch what’s discovered at the end:
Those performances rival Rittenhouse’s.

Here’s one of her anonymous not a racist tweets from the same thread.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Current Politics”