Larry Klayman

Northland10

Re: Larry Klayman

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:16 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:40 pm
The assigned judge is John Bates, a Bush II appointee. Does Klayman like him or does he want the judge to recuse himself because of [fill in the blank]?
If the judge tosses the case, Klayman doesn't like him. Normally, taking the number of GIL's cases tossed by judges and the number of cases where he prevailed might get us an idea of which judges he will accept. Even the 2 judges he "liked" have ended up dismissing his cases.

So, when does the DOD point out that UFO does not necessarily mean extraterrestrial?

Not that it matters. Apparently, none of GIL's plethora of cases is getting him any good notices. He's reduced to grifting to the UFO crowd.
Edit: A four-page complaint from GIL? Is he just phoning it in now?

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:48 pm

So now it's UFO's. Oh. My. Will it be Hollow Earth and secret bases next????? Enquiring minds really don't want to know.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 pm

A hollow flat Earth? Like an Oreo without the filling?

I'm sold!

Image Image Image Image Image

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:50 pm
A hollow flat Earth? Like an Oreo without the filling?

I'm sold!
Now that would be right up, or is it down, GIL's alley. I can just see the discovery requests.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:28 pm

On Twitter, GIL really keeps going after Tom Fitton, calling him a non-lawyer and all kinds of nasty things. What a shame.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:40 pm

Not terribly surprising, Fitton got one over on GIL, a big one, Gil will never forgive that.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:28 pm
On Twitter, GIL really keeps going after Tom Fitton, calling him a non-lawyer and all kinds of nasty things. What a shame.
It is hilarious: Klayman whines that Judicial Watch only files FOIA suits. Meanwhile, he files ... a UFO FOIA suit and a citizen grand jury "indictment."

Klayman also "forgets" to mention that Judicial Watch has a $2M judgment against him, just kicked his ass in his Florida harassment suit, etc.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:59 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:47 pm
Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:28 pm
It is hilarious: Klayman whines that Judicial Watch only files FOIA suits. Meanwhile, he files ... a UFO FOIA suit and a citizen grand jury "indictment."

Klayman also "forgets" to mention that Judicial Watch has a $2M judgment against him, just kicked his ass in his Florida harassment suit, etc.
GIL's memory is nothing if not convenient, for him.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:51 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:16 pm

The DC Bar just issued a disciplinary report recommending a 33-month suspension for GIL. This is only for his representation of a single client. I am not sure what else is pending in DC, so there could be more charges.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:28 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:16 pm
The DC Bar just issued a disciplinary report recommending a 33-month suspension for GIL. This is only for his representation of a single client. I am not sure what else is pending in DC, so there could be more charges.
Thanks! :dance:

The D.C. bar's hearing committee's 183-page report and recommendation (it is not a final discipline order; not even close).

The shell of the nut: A broadcaster claimed she was being sexually harassed by her employer; she went to Klayman to represent her. When she turned down Klayman's advances, he upped the contingency fee percentage. (And ultimately abandoned her.)

An example of Klayman's smoothness:
Klayman wrote:MY ENTIRE HEART AND SOUL WAS DEDICATED TO YOU. . . . I CAN ONLY SAY THAT I LOVED YOU MORE THAN ANY WOMAN I WAS EVER AROUND.

[ * * * ]

For now, just get it into your thick skull that Larry – that’s [sic] me – never sought to use your case for political purposes, but
only to try to help you because I loved you.
:sick:

(This is a lawyer writing to a client, mind you.)

This bar complaint was the basis for Klayman's unsuccessful lawsuit against the D.C. bar (and its members), whining that they are conspiring to disbar him. (Well, duuuuuh; the disciplinary counsel recommended disbarment here, but the committee disagreed.) She also accuses Klayman of turning her run-of-the-mill sexual-harassment case into a Klayman windmill-tilting special (she was employed by the federal government), i.e.:
Klayman wrote:Obama . . . is a black muslim communist and sympathizes with the [Iranian] regime.

[ * * * ]

But we drew a very bad judge, one who hates anyone who is conservative politically. Judge Kollar-Kotelly has a very bad reputation generally.
:roll:

I'm skimming the report now. One tidbit: Klayman sought to delay his hearing before the D.C. bar by claiming that his wife was going to have medical treatment "of a female nature."

My first thought: WHO MARRIED KLAYMAN??!?

(When pressed for details about the wife's treatment, Klayman dropped the matter. I.e., :liar: )

Another tidbit: The report references all the times Klayman pumped this case in WND. As if Klayman was more interested in generating publicity (and selling books) than actually litigating. :think:

Klayman also has a disciplinary proceedings (pending the D.C. Court of Appeals [not the D.C. Cir.]) concerning how he represented ex-Judicial Watch employees in a suit against Judicial Watch, his former client. :fingerwag:

Klayman also claims there are bar proceedings against him regarding his lies statements to the D. Nev. and 9th Cir. courts regarding the status of Judicial Watch disciplinary matter.

And we know Pete Santilli has filed a bar complaint; no word yet on whether the bar bit on that one.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:49 pm

NB: 33 months and be required to prove his fitness before he can be allowed to craptice again.

That may be harder than sweeping out the Augean Stables with a toothbrush (or whatever the Greeks used to clean their teeth).

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:59 pm

Tridents.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:07 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:49 pm
NB: 33 months and be required to prove his fitness before he can be allowed to craptice again.
That last part is quite the kicker: It is disbarment in all but name.

But: the "prove-fitness" requirement was recommended the last time (regarding the Judicial Watch matter), and the board deleted that requirement when it kicked that proceeding up to the D.C. COA. Which is still pending. :torches:

Methinks the R&R is so dang long in part because committee's trying to make the prove-fitness requirement stick this time around.

And, of course, Klayman's a repeat customer of the bar now, so it probably wants to go full medieval at this point. If Klayman wanted the kid-gloves treatment, he should have applied to California bar.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Mike Tigar was on the ad hoc hearing committee. I worked with Mike from 1971 to 1973 on selective service cases. Mike was editor of the Selective Service Law Reporter. He was/is a very gifted attorney with a photographic memory. I see his fingerprints all over the report.

(Mike eventually went to the dark side and represented mobsters for large amounts of money. But everybody has to make a living.)

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Here's the reality, though: Klayman just turned 68; his discipline likely won't be final until he's at least 70.

And then he'll just ditch FW and his stable of loser clients, and do everything pro per.

'Cuz Klayman gotta Klayman.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Here's the client Klayman was allegedly grossly inappropriate with:

Ms. Elham Sataki

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:50 pm

"For completeness": Law & Crime: Larry Klayman Faces Possible Law License Suspension for Allegedly Seeking Relationship with Client, and More:
Larry Klayman, a right-wing activist and attorney who has represented conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi, former U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore and Laura Loomer among others, faces a possible 33-month suspension from practicing law in the District of Columbia.

A Hearing Committee with the Board on Professional Responsibility filed a report Wednesday alleging that he took advantage of a client and tried to start a relationship with her[.]

[ * * * ]

According to the committee, the woman was willing to stay with VOA in D.C. instead of losing her job, but Klayman got her to abandon the position and move to Los Angeles. Once in California, she was “completely dependent” on him for housing and living expenses, the committee said.

[ * * * ]

[She] also claimed that Klayman filed a lawsuit on her behalf naming Hillary Clinton as a defendant, against her wishes.

[ * * * ]

Klayman told Law&Crime he is “confident of success” in this matter. He lambasted the committee as left-leaning and “highly politicized.”

“This is simply a recommendation by a hearing committee,” he wrote in an email. “I have the right to appeal to the Board and then the DC Court of Appeals if necessary. This will take several years to run its course. The identical complaints were dismissed by two state bars, Florida and Pa., about 10 years ago.”

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:00 pm

GIL is again "confident of success." I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:09 pm

So, is this a correct summary?

Incompetent legal representation + unwanted attempts to establish a sexual relationship with a client + use of separate but related legal proceedings for one’s own purposes (in this case, to attack Hillary Clinton) + publicizing the case for self aggrandizement and to sell one’s book + revealing client confidences without permission + seeking to disqualify a sitting Federal district court judge for frivolous reasons + taking major steps in litigation for a client without informing her or obtaining her informed consent + continuing to litigate and to file appeals after being discharged as counsel + using abusive tactics defending the disciplinary proceedings + lying and misrepresenting facts during the disciplinary proceedings + refusing to acknowledge personal misconduct in the disciplinary proceedings + failing to take the proceedings seriously = 33 months of suspension.

Sounds like 33 months, if all of that is true, is 240 months too little.

There are so many money quotes I can't quote them all, but this one might replace "grossly inappropriate":
. . . we have concluded that the ways in which Respondent violated [6 professional rules relating to an attorney’s duties to his client] constitute -- individually and collectively -- especially egregious violations of those six Rules.
Page 136.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:15 pm

Calling GIL EEL would be an insult to slimey bottom feeders.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:37 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:15 pm
Calling GIL EEL would be an insult to slimey bottom feeders.
I agree! Eels are a delicacy to some. They also have an interesting life cycle, particularly freshwater eels.

Larry is not that interesting..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eel

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Eels also serve a real time useful purpose. Something GIL best as I can determine has EVER accomplished.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:00 pm

I'm listening to last week's episode of Klayman's show. :smoking: (Roy Moore is the guest.)

A lot of the usual :yankyank: . But Klayman all but confirms what I have suspected: Newsmax dumped him.

Klayman claims his work is too hot for them, but I suspect but it is yet another case of biting the hand that feeds him.

Moore unironically complains -- to Klayman -- that his lawsuit is stalled in the courts and is costing him lots of money. :lol:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:25 am

bob wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:00 pm
Moore unironically complains -- to Klayman -- that his lawsuit is stalled in the courts and is costing him lots of money. :lol:
Maybe he should talk to the attorney who is stalling it.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 4.40.0.pdf

The motion to reconsider was denied by the DC court on 5 June had he still has not filed anything in the DC Circuit. He has also not filed anything in SDNY yet though there is a conference at the beginning of August.

Former Judge Moore can lie just as well as his attorney.

Return to “Miscellaneous”