School related violence

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: School related violence

Post by raison de arizona »

Uvalde PD leaps into action!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Seeing links to these and their like being passed around parent groups. Which is fucking bullshit.
https://safelifedefense.com/product/bac ... mor-panel/
Considering buying one though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:crying:

Thank dog my sprout is no longer in school. I’d feel the need to get one of those too!

He confessed to me recently that several times when he said he was sick and couldn’t go to school it was because of tension between one group or another that the teachers didn’t really pick up on.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was just wondering how Ted Cruz’s solution of having only one locked door available to enter a school with an armed guard stationed at it works with schools that are sprawling campuses over a large area with 10-30 buildings?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

We had a dozen or more "temporary" trailers at my high school that were spread out where ever they could find space for them. Each trailer held one class. That same school now has at least twice that many, plus the school is literally 40" from a main thoroughfare. Pull to the side of the road out of traffic and someone could take out dozens of students and be on the highway in seconds. Doors and fences mean nothing.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

In Cali, I visited a school that was probably a dozen or more buildings. At the bell, students poured into the yard to get to their next class. How would that work?
ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Works fine where the nation isn't awash with guns and people willing to use them on children.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:24 pm In Cali, I visited a school that was probably a dozen or more buildings. At the bell, students poured into the yard to get to their next class. How would that work?
Mrs. V once had a classroom that was in a "temporary" building outside the main school building. We didn't think anything about the additional risk at the time. Indeed we found it more convenient since when she had to get to her classroom on weekends (which happens a lot for teachers) we could drive right up to the door.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:32 pm Works fine where the nation isn't awash with guns and people children willing to use them on other children.
Made it a little more heartbreaking for you.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:( On the North Fork-

Riverhead High School student charged with making terroristic threat

https://riverheadnewsreview.timesreview ... ic-threat/
A 15-year-old Riverhead High School student was arrested Wednesday after yelling into a classroom: “I’m gonna shoot up the school,” according to Riverhead Town police.

The student, a boy, was immediately detained by high school security and no weapons were found. Riverhead police were already at the high school for an unrelated incident just after 1 p.m. and were advised that the student “threatened to conduct an act of violence against the faculty and students,” police said.

Detectives responded to assist in the investigation and the boy was taken to police headquarters along with his parents.

Police charged the boy with one count of making a terroristic threat and he was transported to Nassau County Juvenile Detention Facility. He is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday at Suffolk County Superior Court in the Youth Part.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:24 pm In Cali, I visited a school that was probably a dozen or more buildings. At the bell, students poured into the yard to get to their next class. How would that work?
The the university I worked at, they went with locking all the doors of every building except the main entrances, and had (unarmed) guards posted in most of them. So annoyingly enough there is a nice expensive template for placating freaked out parents.
raison de arizona

Sara Spector @Miriam2626 wrote: This aged well…👇😎
Sara Spector @Miriam2626 wrote: As an ex prosecutor from Uvalde, I can say based on my past interactions with Uvalde PD, you will never know the truth about what went down in that school until every inch of video tape is released to the press.
raison de arizona

Wait a second, when the cops tell you the cops are lying, does that mean the cops are telling the truth? I'm so :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I don't know if it's come up here, but there's a rumor going around that police may have shot a kid or kids. There's a lot of belief in this because they don't have their story straight. And if not true, one way a conspiracy belief is born.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yesterday I saw a CNN clip where you can hear someone on the police radio say “They just shot a kid”. Canna look right now.
raison de arizona

It has been pointed out on the bird site that around the time the rumor came out that the police shot a child, is the same time the police clammed up and stopped talking to investigators. :shrug:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Whatever it is, something happened that they don't want us peeps to know about. Thank goodness for the reporters that are digging in their heels and won't give up. Big shout out to CNN's Shimon P (won't try to spell his last name wrong :oldlady: )
raison de arizona

I haven't posted about it, but as long as we are chatting, there are rumors (w/ video backup) that the Uvalde police have enlisted bikers to provide security for them and run journalists off. Also, that one of the officers is a member of the biker gang Thin Blue Line, which apparently is a big thing in Texas.

Also:
https://twitter.com/RaeRear/status/1529971296993435664
Rachel Rear, True Crime Author 🇺🇦 @RaeRear wrote: If they arm teachers, trust me that training will be a website where you click through minilessons & get a little certificate after like 25 minutes, & we will be forced to do it in a staff meeting after school when we’re already tired, & the DOE will say we were all fully trained
Locking out a state senator:
https://twitter.com/RolandForTexas/stat ... 4838220809
Senator Roland Gutierrez @RolandForTexas wrote: BREAKING #UVALDE NEWS: Days ago I requested a full report for what happened in the school hallway. DPS Director has informed me DA Christina Busbee ordered reports not be sent to me.
There are people that want this go to away. We are not going to let that happen #JusticeForUvalde
raison de arizona

Most of us are likely familiar with this mother's story, I hadn't seen this interview before though.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:59 pm Whatever it is, something happened that they don't want us peeps to know about. Thank goodness for the reporters that are digging in their heels and won't give up. Big shout out to CNN's Shimon P (won't try to spell his last name wrong :oldlady: )
So the conspiracy theory is that the police tried to storm the room, accidentally shot a child and then stood around going "oh shit" for an hour?

Hmm... disturbingly plausible but I don't see why if they were in a position to fire into the room they would not press the attack and finish the shooter.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:05 am
Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:59 pm Whatever it is, something happened that they don't want us peeps to know about. Thank goodness for the reporters that are digging in their heels and won't give up. Big shout out to CNN's Shimon P (won't try to spell his last name wrong :oldlady: )
So the conspiracy theory is that the police tried to storm the room, accidentally shot a child and then stood around going "oh shit" for an hour?

Hmm... disturbingly plausible but I don't see why if they were in a position to fire into the room they would not press the attack and finish the shooter.
I dunno, but initial reports were that the shooter had a handgun and an AR15. Later, they said that he only had two AR15s. Speculation is that a child was shot with a handgun, which couldn't have been the suspect because he didn't actually have one, only the officers responding did. :shrug: Dunno.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: US House Oversight Committee hearing on gun violence on Wednesday will include testimony from 4th grade student at Robb Elementary school, parents of a slain Uvalde student and mother of Buffalo Tops shooting victim
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

Oh look. Another shoe. JFC. The Keystone Kops would have done a better job. This is just a criminal level of incompetence.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”