Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rules, please read

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Rules, please read

Post by Foggy »

Fogbow is powered by the resilience of the human spirit to connect with others.

The First Commandment is:

Be kind to one another. :bighug:

But in particular:

1. All posts on the forum are the expressed opinions of those who submitted them. Interpret or heed them as you see fit. I do not endorse anyone else's opinion by not disputing it. I do not adopt factual assertions by not refuting them.

2. If you have complaints about copyright issues or any other material posted here, send me an email. foggy@thefogbow.com

3. Do not make personal attacks or insults on other registered, participating members, or remarks of a blatantly offensive sexist, racist, or obscenely sexual nature.

This board is private property; the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution does not protect your free speech here.

4. You agreed not to spam us or you would not be a registered member. Spam includes:
  • Unwanted advertisements or any attempt to sell products or services.
  • Repeated posting of inappropriate, useless, discredited or false information or offensive graphics.
5. Do not denigrate the adherents or believers of any particular religion on Fogbow.
  • You may criticize the tenets or beliefs of a religion, or a religious organization, but please be aware that people of faith use Fogbow and it's a sensitive subject.
  • Don't make blanket statements about believers in any faith, and try to be careful not to bruise feelings if possible. I allow discussion on all topics, but think of Fogbow as equivalent to a cocktail party and be courteous to your fellow guests.
6. No doxxing. If you divulge any personal identifying information of any member of the forum, you will be quickly and permanently banned. We also have a policy against doxxing private individuals, but that's flexible in the case of those who are pushing out dangerous disinformation behind a fake identity.

If I conclude that you are here trying to annoy the membership or disrupt the discussion, you may be temporarily or permanently banned. This is a forum primarily about politics and current events. Political debates can, at times, get heated and emotional. If you do not have a thick skin and can't handle spirited debate without resorting to childish behavior and attacks, you will not last very long here.

I will take many, if not most, admin decisions privately, with no explanation to the forum. This is not a promise to provide any information in Private Messages. If you are warned or suspended or sumpin', you may decide whether to make that public or not. I have never publicly disclosed the content of a Private Message, and I never will.

I reserve the right to modify these rules if I feel they are being abused or evaded. Please keep the conversations civil and within reason and the forum will be pleasant for everyone.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Rules, please read

Post by Foggy »

I stole this from Keith because it's a good explanation of our personal responsibility for what we post here.
keith wrote:If you post a quote from someone else it is your responsibiliy to place it in context.

If you fail to make your reasons clear in the post you will be held resposible for the content as if it is your original post even if you stole someone elses words to make your point.

You post a tasteless joke from somebody else it is no good claiming it isnt your tasteless joke - you told it, you own it.

And the same for non-jokes.
I'm responsible for anything I post and any decisions I make, and if I get something wrong, educate me so I don't make the same mistake again.

And if you post some content created by someone else, without making any comment of your own, we have to assume that you agree 100% with the content you posted. If you disagree with any content you posted, make that very clear to your readers.

That's how we challenge falsehoods on Fogbow.
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “Rules of Fogbow”